Forums » The Bard

Preferred Race?

• 4419 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:19 AM PST

I may kinda take back what I said earlier about my Bard being a Human, now that I look at all the race/class restrictions. A Dark Myr Bard (wailing siren type) seems interesting, as well as a jolly Halfling Bard that sings drinking songs in a tavern haha. I'm still not ruling out Human, but the other options seem slightly more interesting. I like to only have one Human on my character select screen, and that one Human is usually a class that slightly resembles me in real life. And it's usually just a minor alt, because I still think Humans are boring lol. Recreating myself kinda defeats the purposes of escapism, but it can be fun sometimes too. Anyway, since I am kinda like a both a monk and a bard IRL, I'm leaning more toward having my Pantheon Human be a monk (also because I want to see how VR handles the Monk class) and then figuring out which is better for my bard - Halfling or Dark Myr.

• 409 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:27 PM PST

I was think Myr as well as an Elf. Do the Myr breath underwater? 

• 154 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:24 PM PST

Still Halfling bard. :D

• 708 posts
    February 11, 2017 10:48 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

I was think Myr as well as an Elf. Do the Myr breath underwater? 

I am not sure but I want to say I believe that at least their ancestors do. I believe their ancestors were heavily involved with life under water where the current lineage live more so on land? I don't know, I could be wrong...

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at February 11, 2017 10:49 PM PST
    • 801 posts
    February 12, 2017 8:51 PM PST

You are correct.  They were water breathers, but Syronai leveraged her immortality to give them lungs to breathe on land and legs to walk =>

dark myr lore

• 27 posts
    February 20, 2017 2:56 AM PST

Halfling Bard

didnt see that one coming and ended up being a happy surprise when I saw it listed.

That will most likely be my main when bards are finally released.

This post was edited by Arlore at February 20, 2017 2:57 AM PST
    • 22 posts
    May 8, 2018 7:50 PM PDT

Stuck between Dark Myr, and Halfling. Seem to be a lot f halflings going bard though.

• 134 posts
    May 10, 2018 11:47 AM PDT

I won't main a bard but if I were to have one I would need the character customization to be a little more advanced. I need to be able to make a short fat halfling. So fat his eyes are squinty and his mouth looks like it's always being stuffed with a pastery. Then I need Bards to be able to play a tuba. 

• 29 posts
    June 24, 2018 3:09 PM PDT

Archai Bard all the way :).  

• 2013 posts
    June 29, 2018 8:09 PM PDT

Dark Myr for sure. Gonna perform siren songs with my sea harpy.

• 33 posts
    August 10, 2018 3:19 PM PDT

very tough choice between a Myr (sound kind of pirate like), and Halfing (stereotypical).

• 4 posts
    August 10, 2018 5:25 PM PDT

Not sure if I will main a bard when they are in, but I will definitely be making a Halfling Bard once I can.  

• 235 posts
    March 21, 2019 8:53 AM PDT

I know it isn't in game, but I'd be an ogre bard. To me, it makes more sense than the druid for them. Ogres are very military minded, so using the drums of war or battle horns, at least in my mind, makes more sense.

• 350 posts
    March 22, 2019 8:22 AM PDT

Halfling just because I like their concept art at this point.

• 24 posts
    March 27, 2019 1:30 AM PDT

Elf.  It is one thing to sing songs of heroes and battles only imagined.......it is another entirely to sing of comrades lost and ancient battles and blood shed on those heroic fields.

• 801 posts
    October 24, 2019 3:07 PM PDT

Has anyone's racial choice begun to waver with the newly announced passives? I wouldn't jump ship just yet as the numbers are sure to change when they inevitably tune things during alpha / beta.

I will stick with my choice of human (selected purely based on lore). Don't much care about shields, but bonus on charisma based effects is always a plus. Wanderlust is also a perfect fit for a bard.

Then again, if the halfling consumables bonus means we actually get second breakfast, I may have to reconsider.

This post was edited by Kumu at October 25, 2019 5:00 AM PDT
    • 185 posts
    October 26, 2019 9:02 AM PDT

The passives were really interesting, but didn't really change anything for me.  It's going to be Dark Myr all the way for me.  I can say I am looking forward to underwater breathing.  I only hope that they make that ability at least somewhat challenging for other races to acquire, and do not make the Myr ability obsolete at some point.

• 389 posts
    October 29, 2019 5:13 PM PDT

I still need to see how this bards going to play as well as the activated abilities before Im going to be confirmed.

• 93 posts
    November 4, 2019 12:13 PM PST

Alyonyah said:

I still need to see how this bards going to play as well as the activated abilities before Im going to be confirmed.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.  I'm a DPS at heart, but I love the idea of being the support class for group benefit.  If Bard gives me just enough of the DPS feel, I will likely start off with one.  

As for race, I would still choose (Ember) Elf as a Bard.

• 93 posts
    November 4, 2019 12:17 PM PST

corpserunner said:

The passives were really interesting, but didn't really change anything for me.  It's going to be Dark Myr all the way for me.  I can say I am looking forward to underwater breathing.  I only hope that they make that ability at least somewhat challenging for other races to acquire, and do not make the Myr ability obsolete at some point.

Good to hear - I'm glad you are steadfast with your choice.  Some were unimpressed with the Dark Myr's passives, but who knows it's still very early.

• 389 posts
    November 4, 2019 1:21 PM PST

/leans archai :) Cant wait to hear new info.

• 64 posts
    April 12, 2020 12:44 PM PDT

I've been looking over the race options for bard. I usually play a Human or Half-elf, but since Half-Elf isn't available here, the Ember elf appeals to me.  However, I also really like the Human passive of "Thronefastian Charm: Increases the effectiveness of skills & abilities modified by Charisma."  This could be a pretty effective bonus for a bard.  For me, the choice is likely between Human and Ember elf, but I generally don't let passive or active abilities make my choice and just go with the race I find the most visually appealing.

• 4 posts
    May 6, 2020 7:46 AM PDT

I'm definitely leaning towards an Elf Bard myself.