Forums » The Bard

Preferred Race?

• 3728 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:19 AM PST

I may kinda take back what I said earlier about my Bard being a Human, now that I look at all the race/class restrictions. A Dark Myr Bard (wailing siren type) seems interesting, as well as a jolly Halfling Bard that sings drinking songs in a tavern haha. I'm still not ruling out Human, but the other options seem slightly more interesting. I like to only have one Human on my character select screen, and that one Human is usually a class that slightly resembles me in real life. And it's usually just a minor alt, because I still think Humans are boring lol. Recreating myself kinda defeats the purposes of escapism, but it can be fun sometimes too. Anyway, since I am kinda like a both a monk and a bard IRL, I'm leaning more toward having my Pantheon Human be a monk (also because I want to see how VR handles the Monk class) and then figuring out which is better for my bard - Halfling or Dark Myr.

• 375 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:27 PM PST

I was think Myr as well as an Elf. Do the Myr breath underwater? 

• 139 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:24 PM PST

Still Halfling bard. :D

• 708 posts
    February 11, 2017 10:48 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

I was think Myr as well as an Elf. Do the Myr breath underwater? 

I am not sure but I want to say I believe that at least their ancestors do. I believe their ancestors were heavily involved with life under water where the current lineage live more so on land? I don't know, I could be wrong...

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at February 11, 2017 10:49 PM PST
    • 543 posts
    February 12, 2017 8:51 PM PST

You are correct.  They were water breathers, but Syronai leveraged her immortality to give them lungs to breathe on land and legs to walk =>

dark myr lore

• 14 posts
    February 20, 2017 2:56 AM PST

Halfling Bard

didnt see that one coming and ended up being a happy surprise when I saw it listed.

That will most likely be my main when bards are finally released.

This post was edited by Arlore at February 20, 2017 2:57 AM PST
    • 7 posts
    May 8, 2018 7:50 PM PDT

Stuck between Dark Myr, and Halfling. Seem to be a lot f halflings going bard though.

• 118 posts
    May 10, 2018 11:47 AM PDT

I won't main a bard but if I were to have one I would need the character customization to be a little more advanced. I need to be able to make a short fat halfling. So fat his eyes are squinty and his mouth looks like it's always being stuffed with a pastery. Then I need Bards to be able to play a tuba. 

• 6 posts
    June 24, 2018 3:09 PM PDT

Archai Bard all the way :).  

• 2011 posts
    June 29, 2018 8:09 PM PDT

Dark Myr for sure. Gonna perform siren songs with my sea harpy.

• 33 posts
    August 10, 2018 3:19 PM PDT

very tough choice between a Myr (sound kind of pirate like), and Halfing (stereotypical).

• 4 posts
    August 10, 2018 5:25 PM PDT

Not sure if I will main a bard when they are in, but I will definitely be making a Halfling Bard once I can.