Forums » News and Announcements

Two new additions to the team!

• 9115 posts
    October 4, 2016 4:21 AM PDT

Pantheon Community,

We have added two new team members to the roster, so feel free to stop by and say hello :)

Tod “Zippyzee” Curtis is a long-time gamer and programmer, starting way back in the pre-Commodore 64 days. He played a druid in EverQuest for many years, a necromancer in EverQuest II, and a necromancer in Vanguard, among other characters across a broad variety of role-playing games. Tod’s programming background includes a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Indiana University, in 2012. During his studies, he focused primarily on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision. He is co-founder and imaging director for Social Sweepster, a service that scans social media for objectionable photos and posts. Tod’s initial focus on Pantheon will be designing and implementing NPC AI behavior. He hopes to create a more interesting (and fun) system that advances the genre and is more engaging to the players. After that, he will dabble in anything that the Pantheon gods desire. He is, of course, excited to be on the team and looking forward to interacting with the community.

Pierre Cadieux is an Information Security professional with extensive experience as an Information Security executive and consultant. Pierre has worked for some of the world's largest companies, dealing with some of the biggest incident response breaches to date, including working for companies such as Mandiant, IBM, Verizon Professional Services, Zurich Financial, and AIG to name a few. Pierre is a long time table-top RPG player (AD&D, RuneQuest, MERP, Pathfinder) and computer gamer. Some of his favorite games include; Ultima V, Skyrim, Quest for Glory, and Myth the fallen lords and he is also a member of an international full contact steel sword fighting group.

Please join us in welcoming both Tod and Pierre to the team, it is great to have them both on board with us.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 4, 2016 5:48 AM PDT
    • 243 posts
    October 4, 2016 4:33 AM PDT

Welcome! Glad to have guys with your experience join the team :)

• 116 posts
    October 4, 2016 5:33 AM PDT

Great to see the VR team getting some  reinforcements. Welcome aboard Zippyzee and Pierre. 

• 40 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:06 AM PDT

Welcome guys :) Great news and glad to see you in the team :)

• 1778 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:25 AM PDT

Welcome aboard guys. 

• 999 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:31 AM PDT

Welcome!

Looks to be two great CRPG Nerds joining the team (mean that as a positive! :) ).  Quest for Glory was one of my favorite CRPG series and I was going to start a thread awhile back about how I hope Pantheon captures some of that old adventure gaming magic.  I loved the King's Quest, Kryandia, Space Quest, etc. series but Quest for Glory was always my favorite due to the RPG elements as well.

• 86 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:59 AM PDT
    Welcome aboard!
    • 82 posts
    October 4, 2016 8:11 AM PDT
    Congratulations and I know you will do a great job.
    • 65 posts
    October 4, 2016 8:47 AM PDT

Welcome to the team both 

• 114 posts
    October 4, 2016 8:48 AM PDT

Welcome!!

I'm so glad to see more wonderfully qualified people coming on board. Hope to hear more about y'all soon :)

• 163 posts
    October 4, 2016 9:04 AM PDT

Welcome aboard!!

• 64 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:27 AM PDT

Welcome you guys !

• 221 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:35 AM PDT
    Welcome guys
    • 2 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:51 AM PDT

Congrats! Pantheon scored! :)

This post was edited by Moldew at October 4, 2016 10:53 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:19 AM PDT

Welcome! Excited to see some AI and security reinforcements added to the team!

• 668 posts
    October 4, 2016 12:14 PM PDT

Welcome to the VR team guys...!!  Looks like the puzzle pieces are being put into place...  Can't wait to hear some of your input down the road.

• 32 posts
    October 4, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Me, me! Pick me, please, I have a question for them both! :D 

For Tod “Zippyzee” Curtis : Dear Tod, what do you think of the MicroPsi2 cognitive architecture? Any hints you could give to us on its possible implementation within the Pantheon world? :)

For Pierre Cadieux: Dear Pierre, the age old question, if you were given only a single sword to defend yourself in melee 1 on 1 combat against an opponent in a simple leather armor with no shield, which type of sword would you choose?

And please, do accept my kindest and warmest welcome to our community forums :)

Sincerely,

C.

• 613 posts
    October 4, 2016 1:09 PM PDT

Awesome!!!!  Welcome guys!!   Ohhh AI fun. 

• 91 posts
    October 4, 2016 1:11 PM PDT

Welcome to the show :D

• 182 posts
    October 4, 2016 1:50 PM PDT

Cler1c said:

For Tod “Zippyzee” Curtis : Dear Tod, what do you think of the MicroPsi2 cognitive architecture? Any hints you could give to us on its possible implementation within the Pantheon world? :) 

I think you can look at the MicroPsi2 as a model that I agree with. I tend to look at AI in the classical, 'How does the mind work" way when designing AI systems rather than the statistical/probability-based way. Both have their strong points but for a game, particularly where scripting is involved, we want to be able to set up general behaviors that can be unique, general reactions to various stimuli that can be unique, and final actions that are based on those systems that can wind up unpredictable and fun.

I will provide more details later, but my goal is a "priority-based" system where each AI cycle analyzes the current npc needs, its predispositions, and the new and ongoing stimuli, and selects the action that works out as the highest priority for that npc. This would allow the creation of very interesting scenarios where the players may be able to experimentally manipulate those various factors to "encourage" a behavior to emerge. In this way encounters can play out slightly differently each time, and skilled players may be able to predict, alter, and adapt to the behaviors better than others.

That's just an off-the-cuff teaser. I have plenty of design ideas and I am sure they will change in order to be efficient and work within the existing game design. There are many ways to handle AI design and it is most important to make it flexible from the very beginning rather than shoe-horning ideas in at a later date that don't fit well.

• 85 posts
    October 4, 2016 2:04 PM PDT
    I am happy to see the team grow. Happy for everyone involved.
    • 187 posts
    October 4, 2016 2:18 PM PDT

Welcome to the family Tod and Pierre! Keep us updated with that new AI! Can't wait to hear more about it! :)

• 1921 posts
    October 4, 2016 2:55 PM PDT

Welcome to the circus, Tod & Pierre.  I look forward to the results of your creativity, imagination, and hard work. :)

• 294 posts
    October 4, 2016 2:58 PM PDT

Welcome Gentlemen. Glad to have you on the team.

• 839 posts
    October 4, 2016 3:33 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Pantheon Community,

Some of his favorite games include; Ultima V, Skyrim, Quest for Glory, and Myth the fallen lords and he is also a member of an international full contact steel sword fighting group.

Welcome all! 

Myth TFL and a full contact medieval fighter!  One of my 2 fav past times :)  Fought myself for a good 6+ years with 2 australian groups Danelaw and Black Ravens in Sydney! Havnt picked up the sword and shield in a long time and the Plate Lamella is getting a bit rusty lol...  awesome to meet another full contact fighter on here! Man, thinking about it so much now lol.. i need to start fighting again haha

Whats the name of the international group?

This post was edited by Hokanu at October 4, 2016 3:33 PM PDT