Forums » Secret Class

The Berserker

• 36 posts
    September 22, 2016 4:47 PM PDT

This is a class, that everyone was hopeful for in Vanguard that did not make it in (Reason I made my Orc Warrior, after confirmation of it not making it to game).

I am hoping that this time, the "SECRET" class will be this class, I can see myself playing a Ogre Beserker, dual wielding big bad Ogre, destroying everything in site...."Drools"

Developers, make it so!

• 16 posts
    January 28, 2017 3:09 PM PST

Hello Gomok,

While I've never played the Berserker in VG, I played the Berserker in EQ2, and I would definentily love to see that type of AE tank. I had such a great time being the lower mit tank, but had such great utility and CD's. I actually log into my EQ2 character every once in awhile, just so I can gibe a bunch of mobs! 

I have played the EQ Berserker, which I didn't find as fun being a dps versus a tank, but if they develop a class like the EQ2 Berserker I would be very open to a DPS Berserker.

Khorben

• 226 posts
    January 29, 2017 2:07 PM PST

I'm opposite, loved the eq berserker, hated the EQ2 berserker. VG berserker was supposed to be a DPS dynamo too, not a tank.

• 54 posts
    January 29, 2017 3:00 PM PST

I'd love a berserker class! But I think he shouldn't be an actual (off)tank, but a DPS that relies on gaining buffs the lower his healthmeter is and mechanics to infuse his health into his attacks for extra punch.

• 226 posts
    January 29, 2017 3:07 PM PST

sebbulba said:

I'd love a berserker class! But I think he shouldn't be an actual (off)tank, but a DPS that relies on gaining buffs the lower his healthmeter is and mechanics to infuse his health into his attacks for extra punch.

From what I recall that was the gist of the VG berserker plans and it's implementation is why it didn't make the cut (along with the custom mechanics for the psionic tank/Jedi/awesome sounding Inquisitor)

• 16 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:04 PM PST

I think we all have fond memories of what the Berserker class was, and in each game it's a bit different. I am very biased when it comes to the EQ2 Zerker, cause well I loved the abilities. I guess we will all have to wait and see if this is a class introduced or not, but I would be more interested in having another tank to play. I am sure there will be tons of dps/utility classes eventually. I generally find that tanks are generally in smaller class numbers, but if it turns out it's a dps for ya'll I'm sure ya'll will love it! I would just find another tank to play, but I would miss the EQ2 zerker the entire time lol.

Khorben

• 29 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:46 PM PDT

There is a lack of physical warrior-type classes on the class list. We have Warrior and Dire Lord to fill those rolls. It's very possible that Berserker or something similar could be tossed in, especially taking into consideration that the next two classes are already confirmed to be MORE casters/caster hybrids with Bard and Necromancer.
    I haven't looked into the Dire Lord class too much, and I know most of what's out there is speculation, but I figured it'd be a tank. I could be wrong.
    I'd love to see a warrior-type class that isn't expected to tank and instead acts as DPS.

• 2 posts
    April 29, 2017 8:59 PM PDT

EQ1 Berseker please omg... was my favorite class of all time. Most likely why i was top 3 on magelo with mine for 7 years

A 2handed melee DPS class really would be amazing. Usually when this sort of class is just a off shoot of say a warrior, its mostly never done right because of balancing issues.

• 22 posts
    May 4, 2017 10:43 AM PDT

Diamond said:

EQ1 Berseker please omg... was my favorite class of all time. Most likely why i was top 3 on magelo with mine for 7 years

A 2handed melee DPS class really would be amazing. Usually when this sort of class is just a off shoot of say a warrior, its mostly never done right because of balancing issues.

Yes please, EQ1 style berserker, I've always been a fan of a large two handed weapon wielding maniac. So long in EQ I ran two handed weapons​ on my warrior before the berserker went live.

• 84 posts
    November 8, 2017 9:55 AM PST

EQ1 berserker had its flaws. 

Honestly, I would like to see Berserker if implemented draw more influence from the D&D 5E barbarians. More the ability to negate/shrug off some status ailments and do some crazy crits. Deciding the tankability will be a key balancing point and if there is room in that class role or not. 

At the end of the day, the need is to have a clear class identity and if it can be realized in the pantheon world. 

• 1891 posts
    November 8, 2017 11:19 AM PST

I would absolutely love a Berserker class, DPS.

Fill them up with mechanics/abilities surrounding their current HP, give them some attacks that also do damage to themselves (since they won't be tanking and you don't want them having to run "into the fire" in fights) or even a "cover" like tank ability to take part of a hit for someone here and there, add some life stealing attacks/self buffs, some damage & debuff shrugging abilities including a last stand type ability granting immunity to death for x seconds. But they should be very light on all other roles beyond DPS & self buffing healing, CC their next best group utility with no hard cc like roots/sleep/mez/stun etc, only movement/attack/casting slows, disarms, blinds (POCKET SAND!), and interrupts.

• 130 posts
    June 24, 2018 9:17 AM PDT
    gotta have Barserkers or Barbarians