Forums » Support

Question about the payment model

• 24 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:17 PM PDT

Hi guys I am currently a bit confused about the payment model but it also could be that I cant really wrap my head around this.

So I ready in the FAQ and heard in interviews that they plan to come up with a subscription model (which is completely fine to me).
     But if thats the case then why can you purchase pledges with an one-time payment which include a "digital copy of the game"?
     Are those interviews outdated or do you have to buy the game and then pay monthly?
     But if thats the case I read that you can play free until lvl 10...

Kinda confused there, if anyone got a vista enlighten me :D

Also I already bought the Knights Pledge haha

• 1121 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:25 PM PDT

The Pledges are to help financially support the development of the game and gives you a few goodies for doing so (such as a copy of the game), but you will still have a monthly subscription fee to play the game when it is launched. :) Essentially, you buy the game and pay a monthly sub fee to continue accessing it, this is to ensure a revenue stream for the developers to continue to patch and add content to the game. :)

The "free to play until level 10" is like a free trial/Demo of the game. It'll be for people to try it out to see if they want it (after launch of course :P) and if they do like it they will then have to buy the game and pay the monthly sub fee :) (If they do decide to do this)

On a side note, I love your avatar, Spirited Away was such a good movie :D

This post was edited by Rachael at September 14, 2016 12:36 PM PDT
    • 1541 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:28 PM PDT

nefi said:

Hi guys I am currently a bit confused about the payment model but it also could be that I cant really wrap my head around this.

So I ready in the FAQ and heard in interviews that they plan to come up with a subscription model (which is completely fine to me).
     But if thats the case then why can you purchase pledges with an one-time payment which include a "digital copy of the game"?
     Are those interviews outdated or do you have to buy the game and then pay monthly?
     But if thats the case I read that you can play free until lvl 10...

Kinda confused there, if anyone got a vista enlighten me :D

Also I already bought the Knights Pledge haha

As far as I am aware they are planning on using the "old" MMO model where you buy the game and any expansion packs and then pay a monthly fee to play the game. So the 2 digital copies of the game allow you to save the cost of buying the initial game (and have a spare copy to give the wife / husband / friend / whatever) but you will still need to pay the monthly fee.

• 24 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Got it, thank you very much

• 24 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:41 PM PDT

Rachael said:

On a side note, I love your avatar, Spirited Away was such a good movie :D

One of the best for sure ;)

Closely followed by Princess Mononoke haha

• 8628 posts
    September 14, 2016 5:52 PM PDT

Thanks, Rachael and Crom :)

Nefi, you may also find our Q&A useful, specifically our revenue model section:  http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/#q41

I have moved this to Support as it is a question about payments.