Forums » Pantheon Races

Expansion Races

• 294 posts
    September 7, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

Many races were dropped into Terminus at one time or another throughout the history of the world. There is no reason why that could not happen again and therefore no reason why a topic of expansion races isn't plausible.

I always liked the Froglok race added to EQ2.

• 30 posts
    October 5, 2016 7:11 PM PDT

I would imagine different races would come in expansions (a la the original)... There are some fan favorite voids in the line-up, so I'd imagine we'd see that at some point in the future (or I hope we will) :)

• 257 posts
    October 9, 2016 12:20 AM PDT

Brownies land in Gnome territory...

• 169 posts
    January 10, 2017 12:45 AM PST
    @Zaedria I hope you are speaking of Barbarians
    • 2886 posts
    January 10, 2017 6:16 AM PST

Of course there will be expansion races. They have said that when new races arrive in Terminus, there will always be a good reason for them to do so. I think I remember Aradune saying that races such as Froglok, Fae, Iksar, etc. don't really fit well in the overall feel and story that they are going for. They're not going to include "fan favorites" just for the sake of fan service. It has to make sense first for them to do so. For example, a classic Froglok in Terminus would just seem so ridiculously out of place. Frogloks were totally unique to EQ and it's probably best to leave it that way. But I'm not trying to slam Frogloks too hard. Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that while most of the game is traditional in nature, Races are one area in which they are thinking outside the box. I, for one, am excited to see what unique races they come up with.

• 780 posts
    January 10, 2017 10:45 AM PST

I don't think they could use frogloks anyway.  I'm pretty sure that's someone else's intellectual property.  I do agree that the concept of Terminus really makes it a lot easier to add new races.  You don't have to hide everyone on moons and lost continents....they can just pop in when their original world is destroyed.

• 30 posts
    January 10, 2017 10:58 AM PST
    @Megaera I do miss my schmexy barb shaman. I agree that I'm enjoying the innovative spin they're putting into the races. I am a bit intrigued by several of them particularly the dark myr...

I can haz tail in water plox? ^_^
    • 36 posts
    January 15, 2017 1:46 PM PST

They should use Goblin or Orcs for us to play the nasty side, I remember back in the old days when you were able to create an Orc in Crushbone and wave at other players was fun as hell. But to be able to play an orc or gobbo in Vanguard was fab.

• 10 posts
    January 15, 2017 4:31 PM PST

How about maybe a race like from Vex Thal (Akhevan Warder).  I think it might be pretty cool to mess with the mechanics of combat and magic if the character you were playing had 4 arms.

• 2752 posts
    January 19, 2017 4:45 PM PST

I am still going to hope for lizardfolk. I think it stands to reason that in a fantasy setting full of walking skeletons, orcs, ratpeople, etc that lizardfolk could be a thing. Froglok I have less hope for but they definitely could also make it, it is a race in DnD anyway. 

• 780 posts
    January 21, 2017 5:23 PM PST

Jonstorm said:

How about maybe a race like from Vex Thal (Akhevan Warder).  I think it might be pretty cool to mess with the mechanics of combat and magic if the character you were playing had 4 arms.

That would be kind of cool.  Quad-wield penalty?  LOL.

• 2886 posts
    January 23, 2017 6:56 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

Jonstorm said:

That would be kind of cool.  Quad-wield penalty?  LOL.

I can dig it.

• 220 posts
    January 25, 2017 11:55 AM PST

Brownies would be sweet(pun intended).  That would give us large, medium, small, and micro races. Can brownie shaman cast shrink?

Some sort of Drake race or feathered race would be interesting. 

What about a true subterranian drow-like race?

• 2886 posts
    January 25, 2017 12:47 PM PST

Larr said:

Aviaks would be awesome!!

• 780 posts
    January 25, 2017 1:51 PM PST

Larr said:

Brownies would be sweet(pun intended).  That would give us large, medium, small, and micro races. Can brownie shaman cast shrink?

I've been wanting a micro race like brownies for a while. I'd definitely take aviaks over dogs, cats, or lizards.

• 1778 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:43 AM PST
    Hmmm 4 arms........ If I was a Bard I could be my own band!!!!
    • 2886 posts
    January 27, 2017 3:11 AM PST

Howabout 4-armed aviaks!? lol

• 780 posts
    January 27, 2017 7:58 AM PST

One set of wings and one set of arms?  Or four wings?  Or four feathered arms?  lol

• 2752 posts
    January 27, 2017 4:20 PM PST

Gnolls. A whole group of Darkpaws: Fippy, Skippy, Nippy, Slippy, Hippy, Zippy

• 2 posts
    January 28, 2017 8:14 PM PST

Larr said:

I would definitely love to see a subterranean race like the Drow, but not as beautiful and elfin. Something more akin to the creatures from The Descent. A race that has evolved to survive and thrive in the darkness and deep caverns. Would be pretty cool to have a race like that instead of the typical dark skinned elf look. 

This post was edited by Jenaiya at January 28, 2017 8:14 PM PST
    • 170 posts
    January 29, 2017 7:50 AM PST

What about Minotaurs or the Red & Black Spikey Horned-Darth maul looking dudes from ShadowBane?

Centaurs would be fun. Movement bonus?

Of course Frogloks, Mulocks, Aviaks, Sarnaks and any other ...lok or ...ak would be cool but I like the idea of new races with +'s and -'s 

But if I could pick one I miss Trolls, big green ugly fat butt scratching Trolls.

• 2886 posts
    January 30, 2017 5:41 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

One set of wings and one set of arms?  Or four wings?  Or four feathered arms?  lol

Four feathered arms - Their arms also function as wings. More flying capability and can wield 4 weapons simultaneously. "Flying" would probably be more like hovering - like lev. The higher level you are, the longer you can sustain the lev. There'd need to be some significant drawback to compensate for being able to wield 4 weapons. There'd also be plenty of appearance customization options - eagle, crow, parrot, etc. Now that'd be a unique race! If we can't play it, I at least wanna be able to fight one lol.

• 780 posts
    January 30, 2017 10:01 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Shucklighter said:

Four feathered arms - Their arms also function as wings. More flying capability and can wield 4 weapons simultaneously. "Flying" would probably be more like hovering - like lev. The higher level you are, the longer you can sustain the lev. There'd need to be some significant drawback to compensate for being able to wield 4 weapons. There'd also be plenty of appearance customization options - eagle, crow, parrot, etc. Now that'd be a unique race! If we can't play it, I at least wanna be able to fight one lol.

Just have a crazy high miss rate.  I like the different bird head options.  I think it would be cool even they just had a regular human body.

• 2752 posts
    February 17, 2017 2:22 PM PST

Any of the following:

• Troll
    • Trogg
    • Gnoll
    • Kobold
    • Aviak
    • Minotaur
    • Lizardfolk
    • Dragonkin
    • Frogfolk