Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

No Level scaling or instant max level characters

• 23 posts
    September 2, 2016 4:01 PM PDT

So another major MMO is adding "Battle Leveling" so that every player and every Zone is max level. This for me totally kills one of the main goals in an MMO: to become powerful. I see no point of "leveling" up, while automatically scaling to content anyways.

I am okay with a "mentoring" system like in EQ2, where you can temporaryly match the level of a lower party member, so you can play with them. This also adds to community, because lower levels can still play with their friends. I DO NOT want any system that makes a lower level player higher than their true level, this takes away from progression.

This post was edited by Mortam at September 2, 2016 4:05 PM PDT
    • 93 posts
    September 2, 2016 5:29 PM PDT

I see level scaling as a nice feature if it is a toggle.  Thereby you can go back and group with friends and help out and not just face roll everything, as you said, mentoring.

I agree that with the leveling process the aim is to gather experience and improve, and with that you become stronger and more resilient.  Having an 'always on' scaling mechanic is something I would not like to see in Pantheon. 

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

This post was edited by Vaultarn at September 2, 2016 6:31 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 2, 2016 5:57 PM PDT

This has been moved to Off-Topic as it does not relate to Pantheon and it speaks of other games actions. We do no allow posts that demand we "not" do something as they are not constructive or helpful at all, some examples are: "If you do this I won't play", "If this is added I'm leaving" or "Do not do this or add this" etc.

We will create the game we have always had in mind and welcome constructive and mature feedback but please do not post demands or tell us what not to do! We have the same experiences as you folks in other games and share similar feelings/likes/dislikes for things that you all encounter and we have no intentions of ruining our own game with things like that ;)

• 93 posts
    September 2, 2016 6:34 PM PDT

Not my intention to ruffle feathers.  By all means make the game VR wants to make.  I wouldn't be here if I thought VR was going to make something I wouldn't ultimately enjoy!  I have updated my post to remove the aspect that was demanding in nature.  Apologies for this.

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

• 23 posts
    September 3, 2016 3:09 AM PDT

I too, did not intend to attack VR and their vision for the game. I was just upset that a game I was enjoying went ahead and added this feature, which sucks because I just can't find a new MMO that has the old-school feel that I like.

This post was edited by Mortam at September 3, 2016 3:11 AM PDT