Forums » News and Announcements

Link to Brad McQuaids Reddit AMA!

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 5:31 AM PDT

In case you missed it, here is Brad "Aradune" McQuaids Reddit AMA where he answered a lot of questions from the community for over 2 hours, check it out! :)

http://bit.ly/2bfslQh

• 32 posts
    August 18, 2016 8:38 AM PDT

Wonderful, thank you! :D

• 31 posts
    August 18, 2016 9:29 AM PDT
    Thank you! Lots of great info.
    • 613 posts
    August 18, 2016 9:34 AM PDT

That was fun to participate in! Thank you Brad for taking the time to do that. It was a great time and exchange of information!

Well done!

Ox

This post was edited by Oxillion at August 18, 2016 9:34 AM PDT
    • 595 posts
    August 18, 2016 10:16 AM PDT

Thanks for doing this Brad (and team)!  I just finished reading every word, and though much of it is not new for those of us that have been here from the start, there are certainly a few new bits sprinkled in there ;)  I think the level of excitement (or at least interest) for Pantheon outside of this immediate community is growing, which is a great thing!

• 93 posts
    August 19, 2016 12:17 AM PDT

Words cannot express how excited I am to immerse myself into this beautiful world.

• 781 posts
    August 19, 2016 12:20 AM PDT

Well done guys, well done ! :) 

• 147 posts
    August 19, 2016 1:46 PM PDT

Q- Will there be a built-in voice chat system?

Aradune Mithara

A- Yes

First I've heard of this feature.

• 187 posts
    August 19, 2016 5:06 PM PDT

Obliquity said:

Aradune Mithara

A- Yes

Right!? I asked a good one! :D

• 173 posts
    August 19, 2016 5:13 PM PDT

Very informative.  Thanks a bunch for doing it!!

• 1778 posts
    August 19, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

Obliquity said:

Aradune Mithara

A- Yes

Yup, could add that and a good number of other things to the FAQ.

• 37 posts
    August 19, 2016 10:15 PM PDT

Brad, seriously, i read this AMA for 2 hours. I think i saw TWO questions you didn't answer.

That's insane.

From your blog posts I've gathered that you love typing, but wow. I clicked 'Show More Replies' like 5 times after the first several hundred and you were still answering questions. 

It was a fantastic read and i genuinely thank you, as someone excited for this project, for the amount of effort put in to answer every quetion to the best of your ability within the obvious constraints.

• 55 posts
    August 24, 2016 9:02 PM PDT

A little late on getting to the read, but it is on my bedtime ipad and linked on the PRP site. :)

comment in the morrow!

Best to you all!

• 68 posts
    August 27, 2016 3:43 PM PDT

sorry quick question/verification, one promotes hope, the other promotes more anxiety :P

[–]Red640Hardcore 6 points 10 days ago 

Can you provide any sort of timeframe for alpha/beta?

[–]AraduneMitharaPantheon: Rise of the Fallen[S] 10 points 10 days ago 

Nothing to specific or set in stone, no, because the most important thing is that we are ready, that the game is ready. Remember, alpha and beta are not like early access, where by design a portion of the game is sold to people. Alpha and beta for us is all about people helping us test the game, the mechanics, the features, the content. If enough of the features and mechanics are not present, or if there is not enough content, then starting bringing in outside people would actually do more harm than good. It would frustrate the tester and it wouldn't provide us with much useful information. So the answer is when we're ready, and we hope to be by the first quarter of next year, but again, no promises.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[–]berkley78 3 points 10 days ago 

Hi Brad, thanks for doing this. I know this question can probably not be answered but what is your best estimate at this time of when we could get access to the game?

[–]AraduneMitharaPantheon: Rise of the Fallen[S] 6 points 10 days ago 

You mean to help test? Likely early 2018.

Brad answered this question for redditor Red640, to which he answered with regards to alpha "we hope to be by the first quarter of next year, but again, no promises." Somewhere else on here he mentioned they want the testing phase to last at least a year. So I think he meant early 2017 for alpha, sometime mid-late 2017 for beta, and early 2018 for retail. Obviously this is all very rough.

Now i understand either one being valid. but with a year difference i'd like to know what is accurate so i can pace myself :P

• 643 posts
    August 27, 2016 5:39 PM PDT

Rhelic said:Brad answered this question for redditor Red640, to which he answered with regards to alpha "we hope to be by the first quarter of next year, but again, no promises." Somewhere else on here he mentioned they want the testing phase to last at least a year. So I think he meant early 2017 for alpha, sometime mid-late 2017 for beta, and early 2018 for retail. Obviously this is all very rough.

OK, I just put in my vacation request for all of 2018

• 3016 posts
    September 9, 2016 9:50 AM PDT

fazool said:

Rhelic said:Brad answered this question for redditor Red640, to which he answered with regards to alpha "we hope to be by the first quarter of next year, but again, no promises." Somewhere else on here he mentioned they want the testing phase to last at least a year. So I think he meant early 2017 for alpha, sometime mid-late 2017 for beta, and early 2018 for retail. Obviously this is all very rough.

OK, I just put in my vacation request for all of 2018

LOL tell your employer you're on a year's paid sabbatical...that will make it look more legit hehehe

• 8 posts
    September 17, 2016 8:35 AM PDT

very cool.  I am so looking forward to this game.

• 66 posts
    November 14, 2016 9:11 PM PST
    Very good read. Great job at responding to some of the more difficult questions, especially with respect to Vanguard's failure and inefficiencies.
    • 3852 posts
    January 29, 2017 7:03 PM PST

Alpha first quarter of next year scared me! Then I saw that the question was submitted 6 months ago. Given where we are today I guess first half of this year for Alpha and first half of next year for release is about as fast as I can hope for. Not that any of that is set in stone but one can hope.

Oh well, enthusiam for this game made me leave FFXIV and go back to EQ/EQ2 to get into the right state of mind. And that was a plus I hadn't realized quite how much I disliked FFXIV until I left.

This post was edited by dorotea at January 29, 2017 7:04 PM PST