Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Memorabilia

• 147 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:02 PM PDT

What memorabilia for Pantheon would you buy?

I could see having a Memorabilia Shop on the site as a way to spread the word, also making some extra income for development. 

Just curious :)

• 429 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:18 PM PDT

I'd buy character card or prints / cloth maps / hat/ or even a cast statue of races ...  or prints of the races and classes .

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:54 PM PDT

We had a store but closed it down due to popular opinion on being "cash shop" free, so mugs and t-shirts went with it, it may be something we look into in the future but for now while we work hard on the game we have no plans for opening up another store with Pantheon merch, maybe later down the track.

• 149 posts
    August 11, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We had a store but closed it down due to popular opinion on being "cash shop" free, so mugs and t-shirts went with it, it may be something we look into in the future but for now while we work hard on the game we have no plans for opening up another store with Pantheon merch, maybe later down the track.

See to me cash shops only relate to ingame stuff! Physical merchandise like tshirts etc were always welcome! I used to love seeing people walk around with Horde and Alliance patches on their cloths because it was awesome to represent the game you were playing.

Physical Merchandise Store =/= Cash Shop

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2016 5:59 AM PDT

Aggelos said:

Kilsin said:

See to me cash shops only relate to ingame stuff! Physical merchandise like tshirts etc were always welcome! I used to love seeing people walk around with Horde and Alliance patches on their cloths because it was awesome to represent the game you were playing.

Physical Merchandise Store =/= Cash Shop

Yeah, we had a mixture of both fluff items, game items and merch but it all went, we may bring merch back later on, I know I would love a map to hang on my wall and a coffee mug to keep my coffee addiction going! :)

• 147 posts
    August 11, 2016 6:07 AM PDT

I think physical memorabilia would be viewed a lot different than selling ingame things. Would be awesome to have limited memorbilia items for different stages of development and could bring in some revenue. I would be giving stuff to a lot of people, maybe I should of phrased my question different. 

What kind of memorabilia would you be interested in ?

• 104 posts
    August 11, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

12" tall PVC statue of Kilsin backstabbing Aradune.

• 432 posts
    August 11, 2016 7:34 AM PDT
    (12" tall PVC statue of Kilsin backstabbing Aradune.))

Omg lol.

Sent via mobile

-Todd
    • 999 posts
    August 11, 2016 7:44 AM PDT

I was/am 1000% aganist an in-game cash shop, but as long as the store remains external, you don't receive prompts in game to visit the store, and there's no way to access the store in game (to avoid temptation later to add in-game items), I would not be opposed to it.  Everyone loves swag and as others have said - it will just be one more form of word of mouth marketing for you all.

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2016 8:03 AM PDT

Aena said:

Lol, I couldn't backstab Aradune! He would take my daggers and GM powers off me and lock me in one of the empty dungeons! haha ;) 

• 149 posts
    August 11, 2016 8:53 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Aena said:

Lol, I couldn't backstab Aradune! He would take my daggers and GM powers off me and lock me in one of the empty dungeons! haha ;) 

Thats it! Im getting my networks graphic artist to draw this!

• 180 posts
    August 11, 2016 9:37 AM PDT

I would buy a physical lore book.  Even better if it was binder style where you could add new lore as it became available.

• 1778 posts
    August 11, 2016 9:40 AM PDT
    I'm on board with this. Really liked Dullahans post about 3D character models. I in general like the idea of the t-shirts and caps. Or a bad as buckle.
    • 384 posts
    August 11, 2016 9:50 AM PDT
    I really really, really, really, really, really want a cloth map. I must have it to go with my EQ (kunark era) and VG ones.
    • 384 posts
    August 11, 2016 9:53 AM PDT

Thanakos said:

I would buy a physical lore book.

Oh! I would get that too!  I could replace the binder I've made with all the printed lore. :)

• 104 posts
    August 11, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

Thanakos said:

I would buy a physical lore book.  Even better if it was binder style where you could add new lore as it became available.

Especially if it contains maps of all the zones!

• 112 posts
    August 11, 2016 11:05 AM PDT

i still have memorabilia from games i barely played.  a small figurine that was in the box from when i bought city of villians, a metal coin from a copy of EQ2 i bought from the bargain bin.

would happily buy a rough cloth copy of the world map.

i love those sort of things.

• 279 posts
    August 11, 2016 11:48 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Why not consider bring it back sooner? It sounds like somthing everyone would want. You could do a poll asking if poeple would be for or against it. Seems like a good way to generate funds for development. If everyone is cool with it, why not? I bet people would even buy items way overpriced and be cool with it.

• 176 posts
    August 11, 2016 4:19 PM PDT

I would buy just about anything I could put in my gaming room or if it is not too over the top for the work enviroment I would also buy stuff for the office.

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2016 5:56 PM PDT

Pantz said:

Kilsin said:

Why not consider bring it back sooner? It sounds like somthing everyone would want. You could do a poll asking if poeple would be for or against it. Seems like a good way to generate funds for development. If everyone is cool with it, why not? I bet people would even buy items way overpriced and be cool with it.

Because it takes time and resources to set it up, run it and manage it, which means someone (or a couple of people) who are already working their butts off would have more work to do which would affect development of the game ;)

It is a good idea and one we have discussed, it is an option for us but not just yet, we want to focus on the games development first so we can continue on track and continue to meet our goals and deadlines.

• 74 posts
    August 11, 2016 6:24 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Because it takes time and resources to set it up, run it and manage it, which means someone (or a couple of people) who are already working their butts off would have more work to do which would affect development of the game ;)

It is a good idea and one we have discussed, it is an option for us but not just yet, we want to focus on the games development first so we can continue on track and continue to meet our goals and deadlines.

Even people's wallets can't repel responsibility and logic of this magnitude. I approve.

This post was edited by Land at August 11, 2016 6:24 PM PDT
    • 624 posts
    August 11, 2016 7:10 PM PDT

But but but I really want a "DreamCrusher" tee-shirt.  I do understand the limited resources argument, but that shirt would be so sweet.  

• 45 posts
    August 11, 2016 9:29 PM PDT

I am definetely down for this idea! I would love a t-shirt or a hat :D

hut, like Kilsin said people are working their buts off to make the game, so i will patiently bide my time until such merch comes out :D which i hope it does ^.^

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2016 10:45 PM PDT

Kumu said:

But but but I really want a "DreamCrusher" tee-shirt.  I do understand the limited resources argument, but that shirt would be so sweet.  

Haha, I could definitely do with one of those too ;)