Forums » News and Announcements

The July Newsletter is out!

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2016 6:43 PM PDT

Hot off the press is this months edition and inside you can find cool behind the scenes stuff on Joppa and how he designs the sounds of Pantheon!

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4eb4247692251348b2d00e6ab&id=a369e41c72

• 205 posts
    July 13, 2016 7:14 PM PDT

Thanks - the audio files were wonderful! I cant wait to hear/see more.

• 595 posts
    July 13, 2016 7:46 PM PDT

Great read.  I had my fingers crossed for a Dread Lord reveal (hey Kilsin, put in a good word for me mate ;D) or another Twitch announcement, but this was a cool change of pace.  I’m always up for info on other aspects of development outside of gameplay and mechanics <3

• 7 posts
    July 13, 2016 8:26 PM PDT

I really love the audio files so far. I am also really excited to experience the perception dynamic and explore the pillars that they mention!

• 200 posts
    July 14, 2016 2:33 AM PDT

Sound is very important for a game. That's the reason why i have still a dedicated sound card and good headphones. The current tracks for pantheon are very good but i miss some variety. I miss some more "epic" tracks and/or tracks for chilling.

Greetings

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 3:49 AM PDT

I hate gmail, it started hiding the newsletter on me!

Great stuff in this newsletter, I especially love how the sounds and music can tie into the perception system :D Sonic Torque is also a very nice idea, I never really thought much about spells sounding the same even when they get stronger but I can really see myself loving the fact that my spells sound more powerfull as I increase in level and power :D.

Can't wait until I'm immersed in the the game sounds Joppa has been working so hard on! :D

Keep up the great work Joppa and VR Team!

This post was edited by Rachael at July 14, 2016 3:51 AM PDT
    • 1778 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:36 AM PDT

Good stuff Joppa!

• 23 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:44 AM PDT

Music / sound effects definitely help with immersion. I listened to all the music on the SoundCloud page. Very exciting stuff.

Thank you for the update and I look forward to what's to come!

• 149 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:14 AM PDT

I adore the audio that has been released! MMO music is my mainstay when working out as it brings me back into the world. I hope Joppa gets a chance to release another track soon on the soundcloud :)

• 96 posts
    July 14, 2016 11:54 AM PDT

I haven't had a chance to listen to the tracks yet....but I'm getting more and more excited about the perception system as the ways it could work are fleshed out!

Incidentally, the theme music for cities in EQ had the same effect for me.As you were talking about Freeport, the song was playing through my head.

• 432 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:23 PM PDT

You guys are definitely on track with your perception system! I love the idea of using audio Q's to get a player to pay attention to a perception 'ping'.

-Todd

• 201 posts
    July 16, 2016 7:14 AM PDT

The Audio files sound amazing, but now the question we all have been wanting to ask... Pre-Alpha possible release date? yes yes, we know you guys are working as hard as you can, but we all here are just wondering... I remember reading some where, where it said early 2016 for pre-alpha.... its half way though 2016 now....

• 563 posts
    July 16, 2016 7:19 AM PDT

LeonSanborn said:

The Audio files sound amazing, but now the question we all have been wanting to ask... Pre-Alpha possible release date? yes yes, we know you guys are working as hard as you can, but we all here are just wondering... I remember reading some where, where it said early 2016 for pre-alpha.... its half way though 2016 now....

I believe it was last months newsletter maybe the one before that but the current aim is set for around the end of this year, or early 2017 hopefully :)

• 116 posts
    July 27, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

Lot's of interesting info there, I am really excited to read about the "Sonic Torque" feature. I hope it is ONE of the many features that sets Pantheon apart from other MMO's.

This post was edited by Oldtimer at July 27, 2016 8:43 AM PDT