Forums » News and Announcements

Interview with HAO Gamers - Brad McQuaid

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 3:53 AM PDT

Hey Folks,

Here is an interview Brad did with HAO Gamers that we wanted to share, hope you all enjoy it! :)

http://haogamers.com/blog/2016/07/11/taking-the-high-road-pantheon/

• 409 posts
    July 11, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

Good interview. Didn't know you still weren't fully funded... I might have to upgrade my pledge. ;)

This post was edited by Nimryl at July 11, 2016 4:35 AM PDT
    • 844 posts
    July 11, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

Excellent interview.

Also read http://haogamers.com/blog/2016/04/19/the-lesson-behind-the-fall-of-everquest-next/

Is anything ever fully funded?

Mod Edit: Copy/pasted double post into OP and deleted double post, please be mindful of editing an already existing post rather than creating a new one right below it. Feel free to edit and remove this message once you receive it.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 11, 2016 4:40 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 5:20 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

Good interview. Didn't know you still weren't fully funded... I might have to upgrade my pledge. ;)

No matter what we will push on and make the game but finding the right investor is important to us :)

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 5:21 AM PDT

zewtastic said:

Excellent interview.

Also read http://haogamers.com/blog/2016/04/19/the-lesson-behind-the-fall-of-everquest-next/

Is anything ever fully funded?

They have some good articles over at HAO Gamers :)

• 30 posts
    July 11, 2016 5:22 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

Yeah that's news to me as well actually. I'm convinced I remember a quote from Kilsin a few months back saying something along the lines of "if all pledges stopped right now, we'd be able to finish the game" but I can't find it now of course.

Have things changed, have budgets slipped, or was the original quote just not as concrete as I remember it to be? Would appreciate clarification @Kilsin :)

This post was edited by Caesium at July 11, 2016 5:29 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 6:22 AM PDT

Caesium said:

Nimryl said:

Yeah that's news to me as well actually. I'm convinced I remember a quote from Kilsin a few months back saying something along the lines of "if all pledges stopped right now, we'd be able to finish the game" but I can't find it now of course.

Have things changed, have budgets slipped, or was the original quote just not as concrete as I remember it to be? Would appreciate clarification @Kilsin :)

No, nothing like that was said by me, we have said previously that we will continue to make this game even without funding, it will just take longer but the subscriptions and pledge purchases help us a lot.

• 30 posts
    July 11, 2016 7:01 AM PDT

Ok, I probably misremembered, that sounds like it might have been what I read, thanks for the clarification :)

• 781 posts
    July 11, 2016 7:02 AM PDT

Awesome interview guys :)   Brad that quote that you used from Tolkien is amazing. I knew you guys were deep because that is the only way such and over flowing of passion drives you to move people's emotions, such as EQ.  Keep up the good work of making us smile :) 

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 7:16 AM PDT

Caesium said:

Ok, I probably misremembered, that sounds like it might have been what I read, thanks for the clarification :)

You're welcome ;)

• 149 posts
    July 11, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

He had me at the Tolkien quote :) I want to upgrade my pledge as well but I am waiting to see how raids are being done. I am a raider at heart and I need a competitive raiding endgame but if that is done well I will be updating my pledge to help with the funding as well!

It is also neat to learn how far things like Unity have taken the MMORPG genre making it "easier" to get started. (I use that term very lightly...)

• 23 posts
    July 11, 2016 10:15 AM PDT

Very nice read on both articles.

Thanks to Brad for taking the time to do the interview!

Regarding EQN, I was pretty psyched when I first heard about it. I signed up for the explorer's package for myself and my wife when they introduced EQN Landmark (which later dropped the EQN from the name). Once they introduced combat, I became very disappointed. It seemed like things went in a direction that I didn't understand. This article's quote from Dave made a lot of sense.

EQN / Landmark is just another unwise investment I made that left me with a bad feeling towards buying into a game before it was complete. I had been torn between signing up for one of the pledge packages because of it and other games that have failed. I'd visit the Pantheon site almost daily and look over the packages but was held back from pledging.

Last night I made the decision to sign up for the Knights Pledge.

Everything I've read and seen about Pantheon indicates that it will be the next great MMO. I hold back my support for this game because of the failures of other games.

Now I struggle with whether or not I should upgrade my pledge or buy my wife a pledge as well... or both.

• 595 posts
    July 11, 2016 10:20 AM PDT

Good stuff.  For many of us, this is nothing new.  But I still enjoy reading interviews the team does.  And spreading the word of Pantheon is never a bad thing <3

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2016 3:13 PM PDT

Arkoll said:

Very nice read on both articles.

Thanks to Brad for taking the time to do the interview!

Regarding EQN, I was pretty psyched when I first heard about it. I signed up for the explorer's package for myself and my wife when they introduced EQN Landmark (which later dropped the EQN from the name). Once they introduced combat, I became very disappointed. It seemed like things went in a direction that I didn't understand. This article's quote from Dave made a lot of sense.

EQN / Landmark is just another unwise investment I made that left me with a bad feeling towards buying into a game before it was complete. I had been torn between signing up for one of the pledge packages because of it and other games that have failed. I'd visit the Pantheon site almost daily and look over the packages but was held back from pledging.

Last night I made the decision to sign up for the Knights Pledge.

Everything I've read and seen about Pantheon indicates that it will be the next great MMO. I hold back my support for this game because of the failures of other games.

Now I struggle with whether or not I should upgrade my pledge or buy my wife a pledge as well... or both.

Nice, welcome, Arkoll :)

• 220 posts
    July 11, 2016 6:17 PM PDT

ken has a great writing voice. why dosent he work for vr? =D