Forums » Account and Billing Issues

early name reservation

• 1 posts
    June 27, 2016 9:26 PM PDT

hello i just recently bought the patron's pledge and am wondering where or how i do the early name reservation. been following the game since it started in crowd funding, check the site every day for updates. lets get a alpha out yo =) props to every 1 of ya's thankyou for the hard work etc etc.

• 1447 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:30 AM PDT

Legalizeit said:

hello i just recently bought the patron's pledge and am wondering where or how i do the early name reservation. been following the game since it started in crowd funding, check the site every day for updates. lets get a alpha out yo =) props to every 1 of ya's thankyou for the hard work etc etc.

Early name reservation isn't available yet. It'll probably be something that happens a few weeks before the game launches. Kilsin will probably comment after me with more specific information but I'd be surprised if it happened more than say a month before the game is ready to be launched.

• 309 posts
    July 1, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

Kilsin made some comments about it in this thread.

TLDR: Reservations not active yet. No ETA but likely during testing and before launch.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3621/early-name-reservation/view/post_id/56299

• 19 posts
    July 1, 2016 3:39 PM PDT

hey Kilsin, say you did the 1k donation, where you get into pre alpha, they have the name, are they going to wipe all toons(names) before you can reserve a name?

or is that kinda a way to pre reserve a name?

• 7189 posts
    July 1, 2016 5:37 PM PDT

Rhelic said:

hey Kilsin, say you did the 1k donation, where you get into pre alpha, they have the name, are they going to wipe all toons(names) before you can reserve a name?

or is that kinda a way to pre reserve a name?

Hey Rhelic, yeah, we will do a full wipe of all names, levels, loot etc. at the end of testing prior to launch then activate the early name reservations to lock names to accounts for the big launch day, either way, those who get in first with pledge purchases will be able to reserve the name first if it comes down to multiple people wanting the same name, which we think is the best and fairest way to handle it.

So in a way it is a pre-reserve.

This post was edited by Kilsin at July 1, 2016 5:39 PM PDT
    • 49 posts
    December 6, 2016 6:57 PM PST

Hey Kilsin, Is this something we will have to type in our profile info? Or is it something we type once we get in game?

This post was edited by CreepySneed at December 6, 2016 6:57 PM PST
    • 7189 posts
    December 7, 2016 1:21 AM PST

steeeev0 said:

Hey Kilsin, Is this something we will have to type in our profile info? Or is it something we type once we get in game?

I am not sure how we will handle this yet but you will be given plenty of notice and it will most likely be via the client but too early to say as this will be a feature for the full launch of the game and we still have testing to get through :)

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2017 2:30 PM PDT

Just out of curiosity is it not possible to do a pre name reserve based on our forum names?  Or at least make it an option since we have it essentially reserved here based on our purchase and account setup?

• 7189 posts
    May 23, 2017 5:10 PM PDT

sinbound said:

Just out of curiosity is it not possible to do a pre name reserve based on our forum names?  Or at least make it an option since we have it essentially reserved here based on our purchase and account setup?

It is but we have a lot of old accounts that have taken names and moved on that no longer support us, so a lot of people would miss out, hence why we think it is fairer to just start from scratch and allow everyone a fair chance at their favourite name.

We will reveal more on this as we get closer to announcing it for everyone though :)

• 1447 posts
    May 24, 2017 7:05 PM PDT

Edit: Realised I had already posted in this thread.

This post was edited by Cromulent at May 24, 2017 9:49 PM PDT
    • 60 posts
    August 5, 2017 12:15 AM PDT

sinbound said:

The easiest way would probably be to simply let people make the toons, but not be able to log into the world after they do the pre-launch reset. Wouldnt need any major programming, or some poor GM working his rump off programming names into accounts, just let the selected people in, in whatever order they choose.

This post was edited by Nymphey at August 5, 2017 12:17 AM PDT
    • 273 posts
    August 5, 2017 8:11 PM PDT

And what about the person who is in bed (ya right) at release time?