Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Elder Scrolls 6 is years away...

• 1778 posts
    June 14, 2016 7:02 PM PDT

According to info revealed at E3, its years away. And Bethesda in fact have 2 big projects that are years in the making that we will se before we see a new ES title. This is very disappointing. Speculation is that they planned it that way on purpose to give longer uninterrupted play for ESO fans that might want to play the next ES. I dont know if its true or not, but either way its pretty sucky.

Ive seen a couple of interesting tidbits about other games that might be ok. But other than Resident Evil 7 and Death Stranding it was mostly unimpressive so far. As per usual, they love to show pretty cinematics with no gameplay about 75% of the time and that really pisses me off.

• 1468 posts
    June 14, 2016 7:52 PM PDT

Such a shame. I'm really looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6. Oh well yet another game on my list of games to follow. By the time Elder Scrolls 6 is out Pantheon will be at least in the testing phase and maybe even gone through retail launch by that I time I'll just be playing Pantheon all the time and won't have time for any other games. Frankly I'm pretty bored by most games that are due out in the near future. Nothing has really grabbed my attention at all.

In the mean time I've been buying some really old classic games on GOG and have been enjoying myself on them. There are so many good old games that new games kind of lose their shine.

• 9115 posts
    June 14, 2016 8:01 PM PDT

Yeah, I was disappointed to see this as well, I have learned to control my E3 hype, though, after so many disappointments over the years of dumbed down gameplay and graphics, setbacks and cancellations or games just not living up to their expectations :(

• 1778 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:08 PM PDT

Sometimes I think a lot of devs arent even trying anymore, or else the suits just make them put out crap they hate but have no say in the matter. Either that or the older I get the more of a game snob I become. Or maybe some of each? LOL

• 1468 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:31 PM PDT

Amsai said:

Sometimes I think a lot of devs arent even trying anymore, or else the suits just make them put out crap they hate but have no say in the matter. Either that or the older I get the more of a game snob I become. Or maybe some of each? LOL

Check out GOG. There are loads of fantastic games on it. I just bought a game called Banished which has been out for a few years but it has real depth associated with it. I also bought Dungeon Keeper 2 which I used to play when I was a teenager and still holds up well to this very day. Some of the older Anno games are available and they are fun to play. I could go on and on.

If you want to stick to RPGs then check out Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. Fantastic D&D single player RPGs with great story lines.

• 578 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:32 PM PDT

I actually got into a heated discussion like 2 years ago where some guy (actually two people) called me retarded and 'the biggest idiot on the planet' because I garaunteed them that Elder Scrolls '6' won't come out until 2020, possibly even 2021 or later. They said it would come out YEARS before 2020 and from what Bethesda said at E3 I'm thinking it's still looking like 2020 or beyond. They said they don't even have the technology to make what they have planned for the new Scrolls. The good thing we can take from this though is that it sounds like they are shooting for the moon with this one. I read somewhere it might even be the last Elder Scrolls which is most likely speculation but I'm not sure of the source either so who knows.

I don't think I was surprised by any reveal outside of VR. I knew there was a Zelda coming at some point. A new God of War was likely in the works. I'm sorry, there was one surprise outside of VR and that was how terrible Ubisoft's conference was. It's gotta suck to be a company who has MULTPLE games in development for many years to have them finally release and just suck. The Division isn't great. Ghost Recon Wildlands is going to be the biggest flop which pains me to say. With no MP and a co-op campaign that has ZERO innovation I don't see how that title can do good. That demo they had was horrible. Graphics looked like it could be played on the 360 and the gameplay looked less dynamic than Island Thunder. I didn't see one thing that I haven't saw before in a game. Now that I think about it, it actually looked like an old copy of Grand Theft Auto. The only bright spot for Ubi was South Park at least for me because I stopped at the end of South Park. I used to love Ubisoft. I'm a HUGE fan of Siege mode on Ghost Recon and put many hours into Island Thunder and the Graws but that game has took a turn for the worse somewhere and it sucks. I miss siege. Splinter Cell used to be awesome. But something bad happened at Ubi and it doesn't look good for their future.

Though I wasn't surprised with any of the reveals I will say that Dishonored 2 surprised me with how AWESOME it looked and to me is one of the few games that truely look next gen and was game of the show from what I saw. I loved every minute of that demo. Zelda looked great. Telltales Batman looked good.

What DID surprise me was Fallout 4 VR. If they can nail the movement in that game and get traversing the world to feel right then that will be amazing. Plus it could open the door to Skyrim VR which would just win so hard.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at June 14, 2016 9:34 PM PDT
    • 769 posts
    June 15, 2016 5:27 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Amsai said:

If you want to stick to RPGs then check out Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. Fantastic D&D single player RPGs with great story lines.

I second this. Neverwinter Nights did a lot of things right. Love the titles. The amount of customization on their is ridiculous, and the alignment mechanic was - I think - ahead of its time. One of the few games where I actually felt a part of the world. The fact that it's based off the Forgotten Realms world helped that.

----------------------

I'd be interested to hear more about that speculation on whether Elder Scrolls 6 will be the last one or not. I sure hope that's false. They've really knocked it out of the park on their last three titles, and they've only been getting stronger. Whether you enjoyed or didn't enjoy Skyrim, Morrowind, or Oblivion is beside the point. The awards and sales say enough.

I suppose I understand the concept of quitting while you're on top - and maybe with the lackluster response to ESO they feel like now is the time - but their single player titles have always garnered and I think continue to garner a hell of a following well worth the work.

• 578 posts
    June 16, 2016 12:25 PM PDT

With them stating that they don't even have the technology yet to create their vision I'd like to believe they may be thinking of multiplayer. ESO is made by an entirely different dev team so I'd have faith that they'd actually do it right. Not make an MMO but a co-op with maybe a total of 2-4 players. They have to want to try it at some point, and if it WAS the last one then I'd think they'd owe it to the fans where practically every single fan has been asking for it since who knows probably Morrowind.

• 9115 posts
    June 16, 2016 5:57 PM PDT

The new 64 bit version of Skyrim will be awesome for my 220+ mods collection, though! lol ;)

• 1468 posts
    June 16, 2016 6:46 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

The new 64 bit version of Skyrim will be awesome for my 220+ mods collection, though! lol ;)

Wow. That's a lot of mods. I have 3 :P.

• 563 posts
    June 16, 2016 7:18 PM PDT

I've gotta say I'm very excited that The Last Guardian finaly has a release date! :D

• 578 posts
    June 16, 2016 10:12 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

64bit is going to open up so many doors for mods in Skyrim. And I'm with you lol I got 233 mods atm ;P I don't know what I want to do when the remaster comes out. I don't know if I want to just upgrade for free on my PC or get the game for the Xbox. I'd like to know which mods they will be bringing over because there are a handful that I just can't play without anymore. I have no idea how that works with the mods either but from what I read the Xbox won't be able to use SKSE which is what a lot of the more popular mods use.

• 1434 posts
    June 17, 2016 2:15 AM PDT

Enderal: The Shards of Order is almost done. Its a total Skyrim conversion mod. Basically, a brand new game. Might be some consolation.

Their previous mod was Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. Those familiar with it know their mods are a huge undertaking which require many years of work to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQog9lkyH8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq5MvWjAOo8

This post was edited by Dullahan at June 17, 2016 2:16 AM PDT
    • 769 posts
    June 17, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

With them stating that they don't even have the technology yet to create their vision I'd like to believe they may be thinking of multiplayer. ESO is made by an entirely different dev team so I'd have faith that they'd actually do it right. Not make an MMO but a co-op with maybe a total of 2-4 players. They have to want to try it at some point, and if it WAS the last one then I'd think they'd owe it to the fans where practically every single fan has been asking for it since who knows probably Morrowind.

Now this I could get behind. It always boggled my mind, the direction they went. Instead of just taking Morrowing/Oblivion/Skyrim, as is, and giving us the ability to just play with one or two more people, they tried creating an MMO. I guess I get why they did it - the challenge of being the next best MMO. After all, Warcraft did it with a previously very well known title. Why couldn't Elder Scroll with its fanbase? But still, they pooped the bed on it.

All most people wanted, I think, was a multiplayer experience. Keep everything the same, just let me play with a friend. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, BETHESDA?!

• 1778 posts
    June 17, 2016 6:57 AM PDT
    Yea there are a couple games that look good and a few more that might be so I will give some of them a try probably.

As for the new version of Skyrim, yea prob gonna get that too.

Thanks for those links Dullahan. That actually seems pretty awesome.
    • 428 posts
    June 17, 2016 8:21 AM PDT

I have Star Ocean 5 coming in 2 weeks, Final Fantasy 15 (this looks like it could be a real contender to FF7)  FF7 remake will be out next year as well.  Im good on the RPG front for awhile.  I was pleased with some of E3 this year though

• 1778 posts
    June 17, 2016 9:37 AM PDT
    Yea I am being sucked in with the nostalgia and am pre ordering I Am Setsuna.
    • 1778 posts
    June 17, 2016 9:59 AM PDT
    Ok just saw the preview and interview for The Surge too. Same people that did Lords of yhe Fallen which was pretty decent souls like. This time they are doing a scifi souls like game. Have to say Im all about it.
    • 9115 posts
    June 17, 2016 5:34 PM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

Kilsin said:

64bit is going to open up so many doors for mods in Skyrim. And I'm with you lol I got 233 mods atm ;P I don't know what I want to do when the remaster comes out. I don't know if I want to just upgrade for free on my PC or get the game for the Xbox. I'd like to know which mods they will be bringing over because there are a handful that I just can't play without anymore. I have no idea how that works with the mods either but from what I read the Xbox won't be able to use SKSE which is what a lot of the more popular mods use.

Absolutely! I will be going PC only because I want the sheer power and graphical performance :)

• 9115 posts
    June 17, 2016 5:37 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

Enderal: The Shards of Order is almost done. Its a total Skyrim conversion mod. Basically, a brand new game. Might be some consolation.

Their previous mod was Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. Those familiar with it know their mods are a huge undertaking which require many years of work to complete.

Nehrim is awesome and I have been watching Enderal for ages man, it looks good :)

• 578 posts
    June 17, 2016 9:06 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

Enderal is SOOOO close man. I've been waiting FOREVER for that mod. Think we have like a month or two so that they can translate it into English. Have you heard if they are going to have English subtitles? I think I'd prefer to play it the German version with English subs.

• 563 posts
    June 20, 2016 12:56 PM PDT

Kalgore said:

I have Star Ocean 5 coming in 2 weeks, Final Fantasy 15 (this looks like it could be a real contender to FF7)  FF7 remake will be out next year as well.  Im good on the RPG front for awhile.  I was pleased with some of E3 this year though

I noticed this game a bit late and thought I missed my chance at a collectors edition, signed up for the waiting list as I didn't want to pay the insane price scalpers are charging on E-bay and I lucked out today on it, got an email letting me know there's a copy for me to order! :D Now if only I can get a CE of FFXV (noticed this one way too late D:), currently have the "Deluxe" version preordered.

Dullahan said:

That looks amazing, thanks for bringing this up! I had just recently bought skyrim again for the PC (had it on PS3), and I'm very much looking forward to trying out mods (haven't gotten around to playing it again yet). I had so much fun with Oblivion modding and got into making some of my own (albiet very poorly done hehe) :D

This post was edited by Rachael at June 20, 2016 1:07 PM PDT
    • 428 posts
    June 20, 2016 2:05 PM PDT

Rachael said:

Kalgore said:

I noticed this game a bit late and thought I missed my chance at a collectors edition, signed up for the waiting list as I didn't want to pay the insane price scalpers are charging on E-bay and I lucked out today on it, got an email letting me know there's a copy for me to order! :D Now if only I can get a CE of FFXV (noticed this one way too late D:), currently have the "Deluxe" version preordered.

Dullahan said:

That looks amazing, thanks for bringing this up! I had just recently bought skyrim again for the PC (had it on PS3), and I'm very much looking forward to trying out mods (haven't gotten around to playing it again yet). I had so much fun with Oblivion modding and got into making some of my own (albiet very poorly done hehe) :D

I was so happy when I got my CE email.  FF15 announced they are making some more CE so you might still get it.