Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

does anyone remember PURPLE pants ?!?

• 644 posts
    June 14, 2016 10:27 AM PDT

Around Luclin time, during the original (excellent old) bazaar, there was some pair of leather leggings that had a purple appearance.  It was the first (and at that time only) item for leather-wearing-classes to have something other than tan armor.  

The stats were meh-OK.  Nothing special.  Nice but not great.   But these things sold for a fortune!  They were rare and special and in demand.  And it was so very cool to see one, once in a while.

It was cool to see someone actually wearing them and it would always strike up a conversation "hey, wow! where did you get those?"  " what *ARE* those?" etcetera.

• 613 posts
    June 14, 2016 10:36 AM PDT

If I recall they were a boost but minimal.  I know as a Druid I wanted a pair.  I also recall people collecting different items like that.  Still, I do remember those.  LOL, had to knock some dust off the shelves on that one.

Ox

• 556 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Um wasn't the Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings purple? Or was that just a dark blue. Can't remember. But those were like BiS for monks for a long time

• 63 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:32 AM PDT

Enitzu said:

Um wasn't the Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings purple? Or was that just a dark blue. Can't remember. But those were like BiS for monks for a long time

Those were blue, I do remember that. Great discussion lol. I'm sure Panth will have some gems like these as we slowly discover the world.

• 613 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:35 AM PDT

Funny how the color eludes us on this one. I was thinking the Flayed where Teal. Hell that could have been my graphics card at the time…LOL

Ox

• 231 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:50 AM PDT

Closest I can find are Nathsar Leggings which were just dark blue I think.

edit: get me the name and I can get a screenshot.

This post was edited by tanwedar at June 14, 2016 11:57 AM PDT
    • 644 posts
    June 14, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

Yes Nathsar Vambraces are the ones - here are some comments from Allakhazam

Fashion notes (Luclin Models): For Wood Elf females: 
    The Nathsar Vambraces look like the 'leather look' sleeves with a smooth purple overtone from shoulder to elbow. The Nathsar Bracers and Gauntlets are also leather look with the purple overtone where skin would show for forearms and fingers. 
    The Nathsar Leggings are actually purple over newbie, (newbie as in naked or cloth "pants" not newbie leather) light brown pants with purple tone up to your middle (belly button) where your tunic ends with the long pants down to the tops of your boots and purple tone on your skin. 

If you're sick of olive green knickers and you're not already in your uber armor, I say go for it. It's a cute alternative if you can find them for sale or get them yourself. 

As for the human males, you end up looking like you're wearing purple tights. I could not tell if that was the naked newbie pants look or the cured silk pants look for human monks. 

• 231 posts
    June 14, 2016 2:44 PM PDT

Tada! The helm doesn't show up and I didn't see Nathsar boots. Pic

• 1468 posts
    June 14, 2016 4:45 PM PDT

Items like this are what made EQ special. There were so many different items to choose from that when you were picking gear to buy you had to sit down and really think about what you should buy. I also loved that the fact that some items (like the ones mentioned in this thread) where considered special not because of the stats but for other reasons and therefore commanded a hefty price on the open market.

Please try and bring things like this back in Pantheon :).

• 9115 posts
    June 14, 2016 7:54 PM PDT

This has been moved to Off-Topic as it has nothing to do with General Pantheon, please be mindful of where you post in future to save your threads/posts from being removed completely.