Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon App...

• 690 posts
    February 26, 2017 1:50 AM PST

Lokispawn said: Mini game to play on the phone; spawn into a random server / random zone as a wandering spirit. Cant attack or Agro anything but can be killed. Decently high runspeed for avoiding players. So it's a game of blind (for the spirit) hide and seek. If there's an achievements page or stats tracker anywhere it could have an entry of: "Number of wandering spirits killed: " as well as "Longest time spent alive as a wandering spirit" Obviously installing pantheon on your phone is a no go but perhaps a simple 2 dimensional display of a zone map with you as a dot running around on it and red dots for players hunting you down that ends with "you were vanquished by Soandso !" *shrug* Could potentially give alerts or perception hits when one spawns nearby in game. I wouldn't bother with any sort of tangible rewards or loots but you could make it more interesting for both players and people logging onto spirits in many ways. Not a big deal, but something to mindlessly pass time while at work. Hell I'd be doing it right now instead of forum browsing if I could :) I realize EQ did something similar at one point by allowing players to log on as monsters but it had nothing to do with mobile apps. Just daydreaming / brainstorming / bored. Sorry if it's a **** idea :)

This is a pretty cool Idea. I like the cheevo and the fact that itd give you something to mess around with.

My worries would be a) friends helping friends by logging in and getting killed, b) the effects of a million bored Pantheon players at work filling dungeons with un immersive fleeing spirits, c) the rewards beyond a cheevo, and if significant, the balance between classes in capturing fleeing foes, and d) the free map and exploration passes you are giving players, even if 2d. 

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at February 26, 2017 1:54 AM PST
    • 157 posts
    February 26, 2017 2:26 AM PST
    Ahh Beaver, I would think it would be difficult for friends to line this up given a random server and random zone any spirit could zone into. Would exclude spirits from any choice on where they would populate. I also doubt that overcrowding of spirits would be an issue given this random nature of literally hundreds of potential zones across all servers they could pop on. Restricting them from dungeons or limiting density to a couple in any one area could reduce those particular concerns, and yah, I wouldn't like the idea of getting loots or other gains from a system like this.. would be more of just a fun way of killing time and feeling connected to the world we will be loving while unable to actually log in.
    • 319 posts
    February 26, 2017 8:17 AM PST

Kilsin said:

This is theoretical, so just bouncing ideas and thoughts around...

An App could be very useful for a game like Pantheon if you are unable to get to your computer for any reason (work, travel etc.) you could connect to the lore, guild chat, a guild notification system for spawns, raids, calendar events, character customization, inventory management, character management, sorting bank/chests, housing management, notifications for game outages/downtime/GM events/Announcements, achievements are just some of the uses an App can have for Pantheon.

This is a thread to discuss more, what would be useful, what would be helpful etc. without allowing full control or being able to play the game from you phone of course, an App is meant to compliment a game, not take anything away from it or do any of its core requirements for it.

So now that it has been explained in a little more detail, what uses could you think of that may suit having an App to connect to Pantheon?

You are talking about an app for your phone-correct. I am not in favor of this idea for 2 reasons.

first  I do not use a phone for internet-period

second  what is to keep a player from camping a spot someplace and geting online in his/her phone to do the crafting, bankinf and other silly stuff that takes time from the game? Or rather things that are part of the game an are enjoyable to others?

• 1618 posts
    February 26, 2017 8:28 AM PST

Isaya said:

Kilsin said:

An App could be very useful for a game like Pantheon if you are unable to get to your computer for any reason (work, travel etc.) you could connect to the lore, guild chat, a guild notification system for spawns, raids, calendar events, character customization, inventory management, character management, sorting bank/chests, housing management, notifications for game outages/downtime/GM events/Announcements, achievements are just some of the uses an App can have for Pantheon.

This is a thread to discuss more, what would be useful, what would be helpful etc. without allowing full control or being able to play the game from you phone of course, an App is meant to compliment a game, not take anything away from it or do any of its core requirements for it.

So now that it has been explained in a little more detail, what uses could you think of that may suit having an App to connect to Pantheon?

You are talking about an app for your phone-correct. I am not in favor of this idea for 2 reasons.

first  I do not use a phone for internet-period

second  what is to keep a player from camping a spot someplace and geting online in his/her phone to do the crafting, bankinf and other silly stuff that takes time from the game? Or rather things that are part of the game an are enjoyable to others?

Simple solution... can't be logged in to both at same time.

This post was edited by Beefcake at February 26, 2017 8:29 AM PST
    • 319 posts
    February 26, 2017 8:34 AM PST

that is one way but you still have your camped spot saved for fast return without havinf to go to town for your crafting, banking stuff

• 793 posts
    February 26, 2017 8:59 AM PST

Isaya said:

that is one way but you still have your camped spot saved for fast return without havinf to go to town for your crafting, banking stuff

I doubt you could do more than rearrange items currently in your bank, not actual do any crafting, or move items from your character to the bank or vice versa.

You would still have to visit the bank to retreive items from it and such.

• 319 posts
    February 26, 2017 9:11 AM PST

Kilsin said:

If Kilsin's idea as stated above is the limit then I think it is a wonderfull idea. Just an app to gain info of what is happening ingame and maybe a little bank rearranging is fine. Not sure where I got the idea of crafting, maybe from someone else's post but that  would not be in my idea of an app possibility.

If it comes to fruition maybe i can borrow my kids phone to move bank items and get ingame news.

• 52 posts
    February 26, 2017 12:05 PM PST
    Not to get off topic but I see many people listing " buy/sell on auction house." I wouldn't get your hopes up on that feature as Brad has repeatedly said he wants player to player interacting on trading and there's a 30+ page thread discussing it.

As far as having an app I just am not sure. I am more in agreement with the ones who would rather see more functionality on the website. We can all access the site with our phones just as easy as an app. But I am 100% against any in game functionality from an app. You want to make an app go for it but keep in game functionality out of ur. I think this is more of a "we are making an app and want suggestions" than a "should we make an app" thread anyways.
    • 3016 posts
    February 26, 2017 12:22 PM PST

I've been all about apps for Pantheon from the get-go,  I don't have a cell phone,  but I do have a tablet..so that works for me.   Anything that keeps me up with perhaps the guild I am in..maybe mini treasure hunts when I can't get into the game..(waiting on public transit..etc) basically Pantheon related mini games..would be good and perhaps another source of revenue,  like I've been preaching about since the start. :)

• 1618 posts
    February 26, 2017 12:23 PM PST

You may want to reread all of Aradune's posts in the broker thread, it seems to indicate they are willing to try some kind of npc-assisted buying/selling system to be tested pre-launch.

This post was edited by Beefcake at February 26, 2017 12:26 PM PST
    • 12 posts
    February 26, 2017 3:22 PM PST

I like the idea of the app in such a way as the game Warframe.  There are a few apps out there that check the game data and show extra money rewards on missions, and their remaining time.  Also, there is a large data base because "gear" in Warframe is based on cards or Mods placed on weapons like cards.  All of these apps contain theoretical builds to these mods for weapons/gear and is useful.

HOWEVER, if you do an app and it:

Takes resources away from game content.

Is side fluff for hyping the game (everquest NEXT)

is meant to be a game in itself

is a side project that assist you in gaining rewards in the game in anyway.

SCRAP IT

• 162 posts
    February 27, 2017 12:50 PM PST

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. An app for a online game is near useless. I personally wouldn't waste any resources on it, for now, focus on the game. That's what we need is developers who care about the game, and not all the extra's that can come later.

Now to answer the question. The only thing I would want an app to do is be like a chat app, where i can talk to my guild, and recieve tells or private messages, so I don't have to be on the game 24/7. Or I can find a group before I even log on, that kind of thing. This would be a great tool especially for DPS who usually spend a lot of time looking for groups because let's face it, dps are a dime a dozen lol. Don't get me wrong DPS, I love you guys, but there are so many more dps classes than any other class, which i like, and which also makes you guys so common to have around. 

Back to the topic tho, a way to chat without having to log in would be awesome, it would make it 10x easier to keep up with whatever is going on in the game and in the guild. 

• 556 posts
    February 27, 2017 1:10 PM PST

See wow's mobile armory. That. Let me play the market. Talk to guildies. View gear/achievements/etc so I can plan my day after work :D

• 441 posts
    February 27, 2017 1:14 PM PST

My self I would love to be able to chat with my friends and guildies. I think it would be fun to be able to craft, manage inventory, trade and buy/sell items to vendors and on the Auction House. If their is some way you can off line level your char, I would love that as well. Even if it was minor. Myself, I will take as much as I can of the game on the mobile app. 

Looking up lore and the likes, I don’t need that. I am sure someone will make a Wiki page that will do that and more. 

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at February 27, 2017 1:14 PM PST
    • 84 posts
    February 27, 2017 1:33 PM PST

Kilsin said:

inventory management, sorting bank/chests, 

These items I'd be completely against. If the "inventory management" included moving items to and from the bank, it's something that removes the need to ever go to the bank. If there's no need to go to the bank why have bankers at all? You'll be out in a dungeon and realize that you left X item in your bank, and just transfer it through the app. If the app is web based (so it can be used on mobil and/or through the computer you're playing on you've just eliminated the need to ever go to the city hubs for banking. I'm strongly against anything that removes the need to move back and forth to the city. (My reasons for that can be found on several threads regarding guild halls, auction houses, and a few other little bits). If on the other hand the "inventory management" is limited to what's actually in your inventory (just organizing the stuff you're carrying) that's great, good, huge.

Dekaden said:

Chat:

* Being able to see your in-game friends list and send in-game message from mobile.  Good for letting friends know if youre late for raid or game session.
    * Guild chat

Character profile:

* Being able to view your character paperdoll, stats, AA's etc.
    * Tools to plan character advancement, if applicable.

Lore:

* General lore available for reading
    * Specific lore available based on your character progress and discoveries

Official Announcements:

* Server status and planned maintenance
    * Patch notes
    * Forum access

Security:

* Option to use app for account authentication

To quote the great Jean-Luc Picard, "Make it so, Number One".

This list is pretty spot on, two things I'd want to add. 

Under Lore: Most of these MMOs (and other RPGs) end up with little things you collect, pick up, see (notes, journals, books that you find, that all give little bits of story) I'd love to have all that (the stuff I've found so far) viewable within an app. Most of the time you come across that book, or that note, or that journal scrap, while you're adventuring with your friends, some of them are cool with you spending the next 10 minutes standing there reading through that journal, some are gonna want to hurry up and go go go, sometimes there is a time restriction, cause Jim needs to hurry up and get the kids to bed so lets put the book down and go. It'd be great if that stuff got saved to your character so the next time you're sitting on the toilet you can pull it up and read through it.

Under Charecter Profile: A place to add notes/links to items! So, as I'm running around in whatever MMO I'm playing I tend to have thoughts about what gear I want. Maybe I see someone with X item, and I see the stats on it, and I decide that would make a nice addition, or is a good upgrade for me. Or maybe I am going through whatever website or wiki has the breakdown for each classes gear and building a list of what gear I intend to work towards. I end up with a notebook beside me, with lists of everything for each slot blahblah. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It would be great to put some kind of system in place where I can be sitting on the toilet checking the wiki and when I see an item I want, go into the paperdoll, click on an item slot, and make a note there. Maybe it's done via linking, maybe it's as simple as I type in the name of the item. Now when I open my paper doll in the app I can click on that slot and see what item it was I was planning on getting (like I said, even something as simple as typing it in, that way when I go back I can see it and remember it, and go into the wiki and find it again).

Just some thoughts. 

• 61 posts
    March 10, 2017 10:28 PM PST

Link mini-games to the APP. Kinda like Gwent, Could play with players that are in-game or also on the app.

Chat and other guild functions comes to mind as obvious utlities.

• 1 posts
    March 10, 2017 10:48 PM PST

I used the Neverwinter app early on for the crafting system.   Not sure if that is an option here depending on how the finalized crafting is setup.  other than that I really like alot of the chat ideas.

• 432 posts
    March 11, 2017 2:45 AM PST

Well I am with those who said a resounding no to an app .

I do not say don't do it, I say I would rather stick a sharp stick in my eye than using an app for an MMORPG .

If I decide to play an MMO it is because I want to be immersed in a virtual world and have adventures and challenges there .

So, basically, my time is either dedicated to playing or to not playing .

And when I don't play, it is because I am (or should be) doing something else and I don't want that both worlds interfer . I certainly don't want to shuffle items in my bank or do virtual trades on some micro screen when I am not playing the game because I have something  real to do .

What would be the point ? Everything I could do in an app, I can do it infinitely better in the game and do it during the time which is precisely dedicated to the game . I do not want irruptions of the virtual game life in the real life and vice versa . I cannot connect in the game world because I am on travels and afk ? No problem with it, the RL has priority anyway and I will connect to the game when the playing time will come again . It is not like the game will run away in the meantime :)

So no, no apps for me, thanks .

• 220 posts
    March 12, 2017 8:42 PM PDT
    I have always been interested in an app for chatting, bragging, planning, and connecting.
    1. Magelo style character pages.
    2. News feeds from friends, guilds, servers, devs.
    3. You can friend request, roleplay, brag, advertise server activities, recruit, and explore the community.
    4. Trading post (classified ads) and mercenary job listings
    5. You own editable player page where you could post guides, rants, blogs (g-logs), fan creations
    6. Offline caravan travel/reroute options
    Basically a social media platform for the people of terminus, complete with character sheets and Magelo profiles.
    I know it would be a ton of resources and time to integrate it into a game, but if pantheon relies so heavily on community connecting, it could be a great way to support that interaction and build those friendships. while people are living their lives in offline mode, they could plan that night or weekends activities and maybe even be able to reroute a caravan so you log in closer to that dungeon you have been meaning to try.

Just my thoughts on how to better integrate our new technologies to support communities!
    • 107 posts
    March 12, 2017 9:15 PM PDT

I agree with what most have said. Little to no progression available via the app  ie: crafting and questing. Leave these in the game to keep people online and populated 

The chat function sounds awesome I usually use discord or line chat, but if i had a direct line to guild chat and friends lost that would be nice.  Being able to access my bank and inventory to organize would also be a nice feature. Of course detailed stats layout of my character maybe with options to check stats with certain buffs and maybe gear?

Depending on if there will be housing this could also go into the app.

I liked the mention of a customizable map we can alter as we discover the world

Main con for me is nothing that progresses your character, or is profitable.   #keepzonespopulated 

• 578 posts
    March 12, 2017 10:11 PM PDT

Call me old fashioned but I prefer Pantheon to have no app on the phone or tablet or whatever. I don't believe I would care to have mobile access (in any form) to Terminus wherever I go. Because some of my excitement/enjoyment comes from the anticipation of clicking on that desktop icon when I get home and transporting to its world. I like the idea of there being this whole separate world out there but the only way you can get to it is by a desktop icon on your PC.

• 1618 posts
    March 13, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

I want as much as possible on the app, so I can always been in Terminus. 

Would greatly increase my playable time, since I have long commutes for work and several kids sporting events that I am stuck attending. Would much rather craft, harvest, buy/sell, and chat with my guild than actually have to watch the games while I am there.

• 2752 posts
    March 13, 2017 11:24 AM PDT

I like the idea of an app, but I am not okay with being able to actually do anything in game aside from inventory management and chatting. No banking or crafting, no buying or selling other than to message players to set up a purchase/sale when you can get to a computer. 

And you obviously shouldn't be able to do any of it while logged into your account on a PC.

• 2138 posts
    March 13, 2017 12:37 PM PDT

IF there was an app,

1. One way communication from app user to guild/group/general chat. "something came up, I wont be able to make group/raid tonight" with a batch file that send data to the game maybe every 2 hours. a post-it kind of thing.

2. Static bank Inventory view based on snapshot from last logged in, (will this mean the need to sync the mobile device with pantheon?).

3. if there is a Terminus game like Kings cross for instance, or a symbol version of Baccarat-(instead of numbers, symbols. f.ex dragons are 10) have it playable on the app. Not for anything in game, just playable.

4. Living codex puzzles?- match the right bottom three to the top one. In a manner similar to tetris where the spell's fall, and you need to swipe them out of the pile and put them in the right place in the codex. If the pile gets too high you lose that round. When you correctly fill a page in the codex it re-starts the stack or allows X number of trash-swipes (swipe left to lower the pile).

• 1618 posts
    March 23, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Let's consider the current reality. It's 2017. People spend about as much on their smart phones as they do on computers. The average user upgrades their cell phone more often than their computers.

People spend far more time on their phones than they do their desktops.

People want to get their information and play their games when not at their desk. 

Obviously,  the hard core gamer is different and spends more on their desktop than their phone. However, the trend is clearly moving towards phones.

Now, clearly,  we do not want a full Pantheon experience on our phones. But, I believe a lot of gamers do want as much as they can get.

Gamers have evolved. We don't just sit in our chair tied to a desktop anymore. 

Let us experience as much of Pantheon as we can, while away from our desk, working, playing, whatever.