Forums » The Cleric

Clerics and Ressurrect

• 1882 posts
    September 12, 2018 4:53 PM PDT

annabelle said:

I'm wondering if any class has a mass rez?

I really hope it is planned, preferably as something requiring 2-3 healers to perform. 

• 85 posts
    September 13, 2018 9:47 AM PDT

So say all healers can cast the same resurection in terms of exp recovery and of course can heal equally to more or less 99% what should the cleric have that make them somewhat wanted (special)

this is just a hypothethical question ? mostly to those who want the above.This is brought upp because the cleric really dont have that mutch dps,solocapability.utility,debuffs as there fellow healers.

attleast that is what i get from this discussion above.

• 270 posts
    September 13, 2018 10:04 AM PDT

Um well in EQ they had stuns, and undead spells making them potent in undead areas. They had flash of light and can wear plate armor making them more durable than the other healers. They had the best AC/HP buffs. They had a lot of things going for them, not including their raw healing power and rezing capabilities. People who complained about clerics not having a lot of things to do probably just duo boxed a cleric as a heal bot or never played a cleric to its full potential. What people are equating is out of combat utility the druids have, with no out of combat utility the clerics have. This gave clerics a way bigger advantage in groups because most of what the druid can do is useless in a group. So yea, fun times.

So, the solution is to add more out of combat utility so the clerics feel more special I guess with more things they can do that they can't do in groups. I don't know what that would entail, but basically that is what should be done so the healers have a more leveled play field when it comes to healing output and access to rezing.

• 270 posts
    September 13, 2018 10:04 AM PDT

Double post

This post was edited by Watemper at September 13, 2018 10:09 AM PDT
    • 1882 posts
    September 13, 2018 4:58 PM PDT

A better question is what is so special about resurrection/exp recovery that would make clerics feel okay with their end of things? The reason clerics were so desired in EQ was because they blew other "healers" out of the water, it wasn't even close. If all healers were equal in healing then clerics would more than likely have ended up just being resurrection bots and otherwise unwanted.

They need something else to be their utility & group combat draw - if they are in fact lacking outside of heals compared to druid/shaman, but resurrection is not the answer. 

• 85 posts
    September 14, 2018 3:50 AM PDT

The only thing i hear is how mutch better cleric was in eq? and guess what this is not eq so reference from that is kinda ...wrong.

this is a new game named pantheon rise of the fallen where the classes are different yes ?

So what we know is that healing are more or less on par with all healing classes. All healing classes have resurect (dont forget paladin) thats actually more than classes that have the ability to use plate armor !

yes the only class that is stated to have a exp recovery is cleric, on a note druids ability is even more powerfull (perhaps) as it saves the victim from dying in the first place, so if we speculate ! no dying no loss of exp.

yep it looks like cleric have the best ac/hp buffs in the game but dont forgett that both druids and shaman have ac buffs and who knows they might not be so bad (shamans ac buff is a grp buff witch is always nice in terms off laziness).

yeah cleric can use plate mail but we hit like a plankton..no really we have the worst dps in the game (counting meele and spells) so i am not really that impressed by heavy gear.

yepp we have dps against undead or so they say but is that really that great ? How many undead are there in terms of encounter 10% perhaps if we are optimistic even 20% thats bad (overall number)

just think like what if the shaman only could slow 10-20% of the mobs or the druids snare in the same pott i would guess some would just choke on the morning java.But hey everyone is like =) be happy you can scratch undead >< 

so far in terms of a controlling a battle on any extent like slow,snare,haste,stuns nothing have been reelesed in the sneak peak for the cleric.

we really dont have a pet ...we can summon a tome but to my understanding have to forsaken a weapon slot or shield slot (unsure about witch one)

Jikes with my big mouth and bad sense of humor what in the blazing scrapyard have the cleric even going for them. yeah iksar i know what you mean the best way is probobly  to put him to rest with the rest of all the dead gods i mean not a single suggestion anywhere...not that anyone cares but still...and one moderator thread, the one thats says cleric ??

Lost identity/class......

This post was edited by Aqua at September 14, 2018 4:13 AM PDT
    • 270 posts
    September 14, 2018 12:48 PM PDT

Iksar said:

A better question is what is so special about resurrection/exp recovery that would make clerics feel okay with their end of things? The reason clerics were so desired in EQ was because they blew other "healers" out of the water, it wasn't even close. If all healers were equal in healing then clerics would more than likely have ended up just being resurrection bots and otherwise unwanted.

They need something else to be their utility & group combat draw - if they are in fact lacking outside of heals compared to druid/shaman, but resurrection is not the answer. 

Well my experience was simply the rez. If a shaman and druid can maintain the group just as well as a cleric, doesn't mean you won't wipe.

In terms of combat mechanics that Clerics had vs lets say a druid and shaman I will try to break them down as best as I can remember.

Clerics - undead nukes(good amount of undead leveling areas in classic), stuns, best Ac/hp buffs, root, flash of light.

Druids - root, snare, medicore HP and AC buff, dots, aoe dmg(no one ever used in leveling groups really unless it was like 5 or 6 druids snare kiting together a massive amount of mobs), dmg shield(out performed by mages), skin(out performed by clerics), charm animals(most group areas had no animals).

Shamans- slow, huge array of buffs, canni, wolf pet, some debuffs.(never really played a shaman so I am sure there is more)

So taking out the healing and rez aspect that is pretty much what eq had in terms of combat utility. Snares and roots were replaced by enchanter in group. Later on enchanter slow was good enough that you didn't really need a shaman for it. Higher end content druids never used dots in groups they were healing in because they took a lot of mana to cast.

So, if we add an enchanter to every group, like in EQ when it was required later on in levels, and you do a neutral zone with no undead or animals, then you basically have:

Cleric - stuns, Best AC/HP buffs, flash of light( can be used with warriors by having warrior stand close to the mob so the mob hits him no matter what threat is generated)

Druid- dmg shield, medicore skin, maybe a low mana dot

Shaman- canni, slow(still better than enchanters), wolf pet, huge array of buffs.

Out of combat:

Cleric - none really( if I am not including rezs)

Druids - Ports, SoW

Shaman - SoW, Shrink

Anyways, I am sure there are more, but when you put in the healing clerics got insane aoe healing, and better healing in general for the mana cost. Druids much less in healing, and so did shamans, but shamans had slows and canni soo it made up for it if they didn't have an enchanter.

So to me, it was pretty equal in terms of number of things you can do in groups, but many people equate the porting and sow as to druids have to suck at healing. So I just say give clerics some out of combat utility and usefulness.

• 11 posts
    September 14, 2018 1:12 PM PDT

Aqua said:

The only thing i hear is how mutch better cleric was in eq? and guess what this is not eq so reference from that is kinda ...wrong.

this is a new game named pantheon rise of the fallen where the classes are different yes ?

So what we know is that healing are more or less on par with all healing classes. All healing classes have resurect (dont forget paladin) thats actually more than classes that have the ability to use plate armor !

yes the only class that is stated to have a exp recovery is cleric, on a note druids ability is even more powerfull (perhaps) as it saves the victim from dying in the first place, so if we speculate ! no dying no loss of exp.

yep it looks like cleric have the best ac/hp buffs in the game but dont forgett that both druids and shaman have ac buffs and who knows they might not be so bad (shamans ac buff is a grp buff witch is always nice in terms off laziness).

yeah cleric can use plate mail but we hit like a plankton..no really we have the worst dps in the game (counting meele and spells) so i am not really that impressed by heavy gear.

yepp we have dps against undead or so they say but is that really that great ? How many undead are there in terms of encounter 10% perhaps if we are optimistic even 20% thats bad (overall number)

just think like what if the shaman only could slow 10-20% of the mobs or the druids snare in the same pott i would guess some would just choke on the morning java.But hey everyone is like =) be happy you can scratch undead >< 

so far in terms of a controlling a battle on any extent like slow,snare,haste,stuns nothing have been reelesed in the sneak peak for the cleric.

we really dont have a pet ...we can summon a tome but to my understanding have to forsaken a weapon slot or shield slot (unsure about witch one)

Jikes with my big mouth and bad sense of humor what in the blazing scrapyard have the cleric even going for them. yeah iksar i know what you mean the best way is probobly  to put him to rest with the rest of all the dead gods i mean not a single suggestion anywhere...not that anyone cares but still...and one moderator thread, the one thats says cleric ??

Lost identity/class......

clerics, shamans and druids are Healer/Support/Utility classes.  comparing a cleric DPS ability to a shaman support/utility ability in terms of their effectiveness on mobs doesn't make sense.

in terms of what clerics have going for them, plenty.  Two things that I see (other than an exp rez or in the druids case a rez at all) is a Pacify ability which will help with pulls and more impotantly the Signet of Refreshing that boosts combat resource accumulation that I do not see for Shaman and Druid. 

It also looks like Clerics and Druids get an ability to lower Hate generation that Shamans don't get or have yet, I'm sure our glass cannon wizards and hate generating enchanters will appreciate this ability.  Then we have clerics ability to purge curses and the shaman purge disease and poison with the druid not having a purge ability at all.

I don't see a loss of class identity at all, I see a modern game where all healing classes.....can heal, where one healing classes shouldn't heal so much better than the others that they are preferred while the others are shunned.

To me what should "identify" your class is your look and how they play.  You should be able to line a cleric, shaman and druid up next to each other and tell right away which one is which and they should all perform their main duty of healing at similar levels but in a way that makes sense for their class.