Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Polls/Search/Official suggestion threads

• 36 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:31 PM PDT

I was hoping to see some of these implemented on these forums. Please excuse me if I have missed them already in existence.

• 999 posts
    April 21, 2016 5:54 PM PDT

There used to be polls/think tanks but they were removed.  There was a point system for posters on this website and the polls, think tanks, videos, etc. were basically used as spam to farm points.  I'm guessing any future features that will be implemented similarly will be after the new vBulletin forums are launched.

• 9115 posts
    April 21, 2016 6:12 PM PDT

Raidan said:

There used to be polls/think tanks but they were removed.  There was a point system for posters on this website and the polls, think tanks, videos, etc. were basically used as spam to farm points.  I'm guessing any future features that will be implemented similarly will be after the new vBulletin forums are launched.

Raidan is correct.

Polls were overused and abused for points and then went stagnant so they were removed, as with the Think Tank and Groups, the Search function is still there in its basic form on the forums main page and works as you would expect and the "Official Suggestions" is basically the whole forum and its appropriate sub-forums, if you have a suggestion please search for it first and if you do not find it, create a new topic in the correct sub-forum that closely relates to the topic for discussion. :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 21, 2016 10:29 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    April 21, 2016 6:14 PM PDT

Here's where I was: I wanted to post a thread about EQ and VG, in the form of a poll and discussion. I was unable to find the poll options. Then I thought: Hey! I'll search the forums for threads about polls. I was sadly unable to find the search function. So I thought: I'll make an official suggestion to put in polls and a search function. You can see where this goes...

• 9115 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:34 PM PDT

Zorus said:

Here's where I was: I wanted to post a thread about EQ and VG, in the form of a poll and discussion. I was unable to find the poll options. Then I thought: Hey! I'll search the forums for threads about polls. I was sadly unable to find the search function. So I thought: I'll make an official suggestion to put in polls and a search function. You can see where this goes...

I understand and it is a bit clunky, I dislike these forums too and cannot wait to move to the new vBulletin ones. In the meantime, the search function is always on this main forum page: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums

Polls, Groups, Points and Achievements System and Think Tank will not be coming back. Polls will most likely be limited to VR staff on the new forums so we can control specific information and tailor it to better help us get the information we need.

Make sure you toggle "All" to get the best search possible, a lot of content prior to 2015 has been archived, so they will not show even though community members will refer to them, so, unfortunately, some topics will be created again even though they have already been discussed to death but once we make the move, that won't be a problem.

No time frame for the move, we are currently working on art and coding modules to link accounts to pledges/subscription/privileges. :)

• 271 posts
    April 22, 2016 8:48 AM PDT

He's learning, lol, look at his last sentence.. the definition of preemptive! :D

This post was edited by Aenra at April 22, 2016 8:48 AM PDT