Forums » News and Announcements

April Monthly Newsletter - The Rogue and more!

• 9115 posts
    April 13, 2016 3:08 PM PDT

Hi folks,

The April monthly newsletter is out and can be found in email inboxes everywhere, this month we take a look at the Rogue class and show off some new screenshots plus hint at an upcoming giveaway! You can find it all here in this month's newsletter: http://bit.ly/1N9ejOv

• 366 posts
    April 13, 2016 4:05 PM PDT

Nice, I am looking forward to seeing them use trapfinding, disabling traps, and opening locks!

• 5 posts
    April 13, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

I've never really main'ed a rogue before but this has me thinking about it! :D

I wonder how valuable lock picking willl be in grouping aside from raids.

• 595 posts
    April 13, 2016 4:45 PM PDT

Good stuff!  Looking forward to the day we reach that critical mass of class information so the dicussion can really begin!

• 65 posts
    April 13, 2016 5:22 PM PDT

Nice!  Can't wait to see some information about warriors!

• 220 posts
    April 13, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

The halfling in the picture. I conjecture to say that it is the one and only Lyone battling a wraith.  Perhaps the only Ascendent Pantheon member of the any of the races...

• 644 posts
    April 13, 2016 6:36 PM PDT

Larr said:

The halfling in the picture. I conjecture to say that it is the one and only Lyone battling a wraith.  Perhaps the only Ascendent Pantheon member of the any of the races...

I love that story arc.

• 724 posts
    April 13, 2016 11:20 PM PDT

Larr said:

I was also thinking of the halfling story when I saw that image :)

@Kilsin: Small thing, could you add a link to the class description from the class icon text? Like it was done for the cleric?

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2016 2:58 AM PDT

Sarim said:

Larr said:

@Kilsin: Small thing, could you add a link to the class description from the class icon text? Like it was done for the cleric?

Thanks Sarim, we are working on getting that updated for everyone shortly ;)

• 93 posts
    April 14, 2016 3:08 AM PDT

Awesome. I love the emphasis on picking locks and disarming traps. I know already that these are going to be some great dungeon crawls :)

• 156 posts
    April 14, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

halflingwarrior said:

Awesome. I love the emphasis on picking locks and disarming traps. I know already that these are going to be some great dungeon crawls :)

Yeah, I only really play melee DPS classes, and really hate it when Rogues are simply made into Assassins with no utility other than being good at stabbing things. Sneaking, hiding, picking locks, detecting and disarming traps plus the plethora of possibilities offered by improvised alchemy are music to my ears!

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2016 9:43 AM PDT

Exciting updates. Can't wait! I did have a question, will certain classes have a gender lock? I noticed on the news thread that the rogue was referred to as a "her" several times. Wasn't sure if that was just due to the lore and image provided, or if that was an indication that classes might be gender locked. I searched forum for "gender" and didn't see any results, so hopefully not a duplicate question.

Thanks!

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2016 5:38 PM PDT

Abiyram said:

Exciting updates. Can't wait! I did have a question, will certain classes have a gender lock? I noticed on the news thread that the rogue was referred to as a "her" several times. Wasn't sure if that was just due to the lore and image provided, or if that was an indication that classes might be gender locked. I searched forum for "gender" and didn't see any results, so hopefully not a duplicate question.

Thanks!

No gender locking in Pantheon for any class. :)

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2016 5:39 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Sarim said:

Larr said:

Thanks Sarim, we are working on getting that updated for everyone shortly ;)

This is fixed now :)

• 2756 posts
    April 15, 2016 12:36 AM PDT

Nice little rogue summary.  I was dubious about the potion chucking, but the way you've described it sounds good fun and in-character ;)

• 104 posts
    April 15, 2016 7:36 AM PDT

Lock picking and trap disarming make the Rogue class much more attractive. I'm going to have a hard time settling on a "main" class.

• 74 posts
    April 15, 2016 12:02 PM PDT

Will we receive an updated "State of the Game"?

I think Brad had indicated he'd be including a State of the Game in newsletters moving forward.

""In 20/20 hindsight, I should have addressed the general state of the game in my intro to the newsletter and then moved to talk about classes.  My bad.  From now on I will always do that."

I'm just curious if a SotG is forthcoming for this month beyond the released newsletter.

Reference:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2646/thoughts-about-the-recent-newsletter/view/post_id/37979

This post was edited by spyderoptik at April 15, 2016 12:03 PM PDT
    • 130 posts
    April 15, 2016 7:08 PM PDT
    I'm gonna echo spyderoptik.

Maybe it's just because I'm a technical guy that could talk geek speak all afternoon but I was looking forward to hearing some intricacies even though one being on the inside might find it terribly mundane, I would probably find it intriguing.

Even a little bit would wet my whistle, so I was totally looking forward to hearing something and I read through the newsletter like... "where's the beef?"

I don't expect 'trade secrets' or something that could give a competitor an advantage or anything like that.... just something. =)

Thanks!
    • 453 posts
    April 16, 2016 1:26 PM PDT

Nice! Definitely will be making a halfling rogue at some point! 

• 22 posts
    April 16, 2016 2:46 PM PDT

The Rogue class description has me getting so pumped up and excited... just saying a lot of interesting utility stuff that isn't based on DPS being a major part of the class, mixed in with the fresh take on poison making with improvised alchemy... has me really excited to see what is coming for the other classes and any future classes that come about. My faith has waned at times but right now I really get the feeling this game is coming and I like what I see.

I also am really happy to see that the art direction has really managed to stick to that cool epic realism approach that was started earlier on. Great job to whoever is in charge of the art.

• 644 posts
    April 17, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

What I do love about the rogue is the ability to sneak everywhere dangerous and explore/quest.

• 50 posts
    May 16, 2016 4:15 PM PDT

No other game that I've seen has NEEDED or could gain HUGE benfit from using a grouped rogue, as what was done in D & D online.

Traps in dungeons were super, super dangerous, you had to use a rogue to not only find, but also disable very debilating traps

(ones that come from floor, sidewalls, blow torch, arrow, acid spewing etc, that could just about instantly kill you).

Locked doors : great

truly disarming or at least detecting truly dangerous traps would be nice in dungeons especially, where you see a floor press trap, but the rogue detects it and makes sure everyone has levitate or something...if you don't have that...I don't see a need for a rogue vs any other dps.

• 105 posts
    May 22, 2016 2:22 PM PDT

Euther said:

No other game that I've seen has NEEDED or could gain HUGE benfit from using a grouped rogue, as what was done in D & D online.

Traps in dungeons were super, super dangerous, you had to use a rogue to not only find, but also disable very debilating traps

(ones that come from floor, sidewalls, blow torch, arrow, acid spewing etc, that could just about instantly kill you).

Locked doors : great

Agreed, DDO has probably one of the better send ups for Rogue usefulness in a group setting. Actually, most of their dungeons and level design elements are pretty great - definitely an inspiration for me as a designer. Having a particular class/spec might open an alternate path of play (along with new different perils and rewards), without necessarily requiring the perfect storm to experience the core of a dungeon. 

This post was edited by Ceythos at May 22, 2016 2:22 PM PDT