Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Original bazaar, PLEASE

This topic has been closed.
    • 644 posts
    March 23, 2016 1:51 PM PDT

Some of my greatest memories of EQ and part of the immersion and life my character lived was being a "business man".  I loved buying and selling.  Some folks loved questions, some LIVED for tradeskills, etcetera.  The business aspect of the game was *FUN* so please don't minimize that part of it.

If you do have a bazaar, please make it like the original Luclin bazaar - that truly FELT like an open air market and like a bazaar would be.  Becuase of model-lag, they changed the bazaar into that abomination atatched to POK and it was simply awful.  Also by making dumbed-down auto-playing offline bazaar selling ala WOW it ruined the whole thing.  

Please, no offline selling.

• 211 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:00 PM PDT

I hope they do not have this, if they have anything at all. I hated having to leave my computer on all the time while I was sleeping or at work etc while trying to sell stuff.

• 556 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:21 PM PDT

Offline selling mode really didn't bother me. What bothered me was opening a window anywhere in the world to buy something or even selling something. Leave in offline traders but make people go buy from them directly

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:53 PM PDT
    I liked the original bazaar simple because when im playing i spend my time adventuring. I would have bags upon bags of gear to sell but never wanted to sit in commonlands shouting over and over. At least for me I could make a bazaar mule and park him overnight and add my items back into the economy.
    I get if people feel that it is less community focused but it was simple the only way I could sell things. Plus like others said it reallt did feel like a mark place.
    • 1714 posts
    March 23, 2016 3:39 PM PDT

There's a longish thread on a similar topic from before which some of you might find interesting. 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2594/death-to-the-auction-house

This post was edited by Keno Monster at March 23, 2016 3:39 PM PDT
    • 30 posts
    March 23, 2016 4:04 PM PDT

I had a love/hate relationship with the EC tunnel - now THAT seemed like an open air bazaar.  Cool to have all the players hanging out but painful to acutally find anything.

• 9115 posts
    March 23, 2016 6:19 PM PDT

This topic has been discussed many times, I will go ahead and close this now, please use the search function before creating new threads as in most cases, you will find the topic already exists after 2 years of bring up topics like this ;)

Please follow the link that Krixus provided, I will also paste it below for convenience.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2594/death-to-the-auction-house