Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Renaming Your Weapon

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:02 AM PDT

If given the chance, what would you call your characters main weapon of choice and why? (keep it clean please) ;)

• 1468 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:26 AM PDT

The Embiggened Sword of Cromulent Death.

On a more serious note. I'm not actually sure. I'm not a big lore master of the game so coming up with something that fits in is a bit difficult. Maybe something like "The Infused Blood Staff" because I like the whole blood thing going on with the Dire Lord (I used to play a Necro in EQ).

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:41 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

On a more serious note. I'm not actually sure. I'm not a big lore master of the game so coming up with something that fits in is a bit difficult. Maybe something like "The Infused Blood Staff" because I like the whole blood thing going on with the Dire Lord (I used to play a Necro in EQ).

Lol, nice mate! I have no idea what I would call one of my Daggers, maybe one "Dream Crusher" the other "Bean Keeper"? lol :P

• 563 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:51 AM PDT

I love the idea and option to rename a weapon but it would be something I think about for a long time (seeing as we only get a limited number or renames :P), I'd probably incorperate my characters name or backstory into it somehow though :D.

This post was edited by Rachael at March 21, 2016 4:51 AM PDT
    • 409 posts
    March 21, 2016 5:18 AM PDT

Well, I'm probably going to be a Dark Myr Rogue (I think) so...

"Leviathan's Tooth"

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 5:42 AM PDT

Rachael said:

I love the idea and option to rename a weapon but it would be something I think about for a long time (seeing as we only get a limited number or renames :P), I'd probably incorperate my characters name or backstory into it somehow though :D.

Yeah, nice Rachael, it is a pretty cool feature, I will be interested to see what everyone comes up with and also interested to see how our profanity filter holds up in-game lol :)

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 5:42 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

Well, I'm probably going to be a Dark Myr Rogue (I think) so...

"Leviathan's Tooth"

I like it Nim! :)

• 1468 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:00 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Cromulent said:

Lol, nice mate! I have no idea what I would call one of my Daggers, maybe one "Dream Crusher" the other "Bean Keeper"? lol :P

How about "Dream Crusher" and "Soul Destroyer"? :P

• 106 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:16 AM PDT
    I know it's been used before but one of my faves is Blade of Carnage. But If I'm to be original I'd go with "Scent of Death" or "New Life". New Life gives you a 2nd chance to come back reincarnated and become something better after it takes your life away. Scent of Death just sounds cool
    • 219 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:18 AM PDT

Bard Weapon. "Rat Catcher" (You will get this if you know the lore behind Pied Piper)

Pyde Pyper

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:21 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

Cromulent said:

How about "Dream Crusher" and "Soul Destroyer"? :P

Haha even better man! :)

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:22 AM PDT

Simples said: I know it's been used before but one of my faves is Blade of Carnage. But If I'm to be original I'd go with "Scent of Death" or "New Life". New Life gives you a 2nd chance to come back reincarnated and become something better after it takes your life away. Scent of Death just sounds cool

That sounds very cool Simples! :)

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:22 AM PDT

Pyde said:

Bard Weapon. "Rat Catcher" (You will get this if you know the lore behind Pied Piper)

Pyde Pyper

Haha nice Pyde! :)

• 644 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

My druid would have a 2HB named The Staff of Thunderous Heartwood or some such thing.

My Enchanter would have a 1HB with a named like The Wand of Scintillation or something.

• 200 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:31 AM PDT

For my elf cleric i think "Sunburst" or "Falling star" would be nice. :)

Greetings

• 793 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:47 AM PDT

Blade of Souls, being a Paladin of course it is a play on the Soulfire, except if I could create the weapon's lore myself, it would be a sword that upon defeating an enemy it aquires their soul which in turn strengthens the sword and it's power against the undead.

This post was edited by Fulton at March 21, 2016 6:47 AM PDT
    • 384 posts
    March 21, 2016 7:29 AM PDT

Oh man. It's hard enough coming up with a character name, now I have to do a weapon name too?! lol I'll never be able to decide on that. :)

I would have to come up with something that ties into the lore somehow. So probably something named after one of the prominent (or maybe not so prominent) individuals from Terminus' past.

• 91 posts
    March 21, 2016 7:35 AM PDT

Since i play'd mainly a Magician, i never had a "important" weapon, that i want to give a name. But, back in those good ol' days, i wished, i could give my pets names :).

• 801 posts
    March 21, 2016 7:40 AM PDT

WTS The Keeper, EC tunnel 10000pp serious offers only! one of a kind. :)

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 8:03 AM PDT

Loving the names guys, keep them coming! :)

P.S. I have trouble too Malsirian, don't worry, if it wasn't for the community giving me nicknames I wouldn't have any ideas either lol ;)

• 624 posts
    March 21, 2016 8:20 AM PDT

For my shaman's totem -> ancient's accord

For eventual bard shawm (or other instrument) -> soerbaird quietsong

• 384 posts
    March 21, 2016 8:39 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Loving the names guys, keep them coming! :)

P.S. I have trouble too Malsirian, don't worry, if it wasn't for the community giving me nicknames I wouldn't have any ideas either lol ;)

Oooohhh now I see what this thread is all about. You're crowdsourcing your naming inspiration. lol :)

• 74 posts
    March 21, 2016 8:46 AM PDT

Enchanter...of the Gnomish persuation!

Primary: Now you see me, Totem: Now you don't

If you want a more serious one, Primary: Reality's Bane, Totem: The Mirage Lantern 

• 128 posts
    March 21, 2016 9:15 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If given the chance, what would you call your characters main weapon of choice and why? (keep it clean please) ;)

If i would rename a weapon at all, id name it after my wife.

"Angela" or her ingame name "Jerrie". 

Greatly depending on if we play together. Which we usually do. We always have each others back, so what else would be more fitting for a weapon (or a shield)?

This post was edited by Rattenmann at March 21, 2016 9:19 AM PDT
    • 157 posts
    March 21, 2016 9:28 AM PDT

My Ogre’s club:  The Wuppin’ Stick

My warrior’s war hammer:  The Oath Breaker

My cleric’s hammer:  The Faith-Bringer