Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New Forums?

• 176 posts
    March 20, 2016 8:17 AM PDT

I am sorry if this has been asked already but I tried to search info on new forums and I think I only confused myself more. 

Is this the new forum that will be getting some upgrades that I keep reading about (pledge levels, forum tags, etc.) or is there yet another third forum that will be released at some point in the future?

Thanks for the clarification. 

• 308 posts
    March 20, 2016 8:26 AM PDT

Yes, there should be, Kilsin has said they will eventually be moving to vbulletin boards.

• 5 posts
    March 20, 2016 2:55 PM PDT

Honestly, I'd like to see them use the newly developed Discourse forums. They're a newly developed forum software developed by the same guy that was  one of the founders of Stack Overflow. Many bells and whistles that forum regulars would enjoy.

http://www.discourse.org/

• 128 posts
    March 20, 2016 3:29 PM PDT

As long as i can get a solid overview of new topics / answers since i last visted... i don't care (much). Right now it is a lot of work to check every corner for something new and shiny to read. Will only get worse the more people jump on the train and i am glad so many do it.

Get that new forum up guys!

• 9115 posts
    March 20, 2016 5:32 PM PDT

We have already purchased vBulletin forums months ago and have them 80% setup, we just need some more art and a couple of coded modules to display pledge, sub and account information to the separate accounts and also link a few permission based benefits, there is still no ETA but we are working on them.

I have created all the subforums and pretty much got it set up the way we want it but we are just waiting on these last couple of things before we can launch it and make the final switch.

P.S. I have gone ahead and moved this to Off-Topic as it applies to the forums and not Pantheon specifically.

• 176 posts
    March 20, 2016 5:47 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We have already purchased vBulletin forums months ago and have them 80% setup, we just need some more art and a couple of coded modules to display pledge, sub and account information to the separate accounts and also link a few permission based benefits, there is still no ETA but we are working on them.

I have created all the subforums and pretty much got it set up the way we want it but we are just waiting on these last couple of things before we can launch it and make the final switch.

P.S. I have gone ahead and moved this to Off-Topic as it applies to the forums and not Pantheon specifically.

Thank you sir I appreciate the feedback. I will be anxiously awaiting the release as I am sure you guys are trying to get it done as soon as you can.

• 9115 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:42 PM PDT

Jamie said:

Kilsin said:

Thank you sir I appreciate the feedback. I will be anxiously awaiting the release as I am sure you guys are trying to get it done as soon as you can.

I can assure you I am looking forward to these new forums more than anyone man! These forums may do everyones head in from a posters point of view, but trying to read every post, moderate, check information etc. is more painful and time-consuming than you can imagine! lol ;)

• 9115 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:43 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Jamie said:

Kilsin said:

You're welcome :)

I can assure you I am looking forward to these new forums more than anyone man! These forums may do everyones head in from a posters point of view, but trying to read every post, moderate, check information etc. is more painful and time-consuming than you can imagine! lol ;)

I will launch the new forums as soon as they are ready, trust me! ;)

• 556 posts
    January 29, 2018 8:38 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Kilsin,

Any update on the new forums? Last I heard you guys were looking to push them out at the end of last year. 

• 1860 posts
    January 30, 2018 11:00 AM PST

Enitzu said:

Kilsin said:

Kilsin,

Any update on the new forums? Last I heard you guys were looking to push them out at the end of last year. 

I was under the impression the new forum was being used by testers?  I thought that was the general consensus.  All those people definitely don't post here anymore.  I haven't heard anything official but it seems like a logical guess.

This post was edited by philo at January 30, 2018 11:10 AM PST
    • 556 posts
    February 1, 2018 8:02 AM PST

I've heard that as well but have never seen any confirmation on that. Also never heard about the new forums being rolled out to everyone. Kind of hard to talk people into the game when the forums don't even list class info about the available classes.

• 3852 posts
    February 2, 2018 8:48 AM PST

Its still to early to talk people into the game based on specific details rather than overall philosophy and approach. 

If they like the basic approach, exactly what a particular class does shouldn't really matter all that much. If they do NOT like the basic approach (or like it but don't want to get involved until closer to release) the class details STILL won't matter.

Class details are probably not at all set yet and are subject to considerable change as we go through pre-alpha, alpha and beta testing. 

They cannot possibly have a good handle on class balance at this stage. I don't mean class balance in the pvp sense, I mean class balance in the sense that every class should play differently than the others, every class should have a significant role in a group, and no class should be either so powerful that most players won't want any other class for the same group role or so weak that most players won't want to play it or have it in a group. I think most of us and VR would all agree that these are basic constraints to how classes are rolled out.

• 12 posts
    February 13, 2018 5:20 AM PST

@Enitzu

https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Pantheon:_Rise_of_the_Fallen_Wiki

Lead
    them to the official wiki, then. It has all the available info that has been made public. :)

This post was edited by Havesh at February 13, 2018 5:20 AM PST