Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Funny show about larping

• 563 posts
    March 19, 2016 1:54 AM PDT

I just recently stumbled on a series called LARPs, about a small group of friends that like to larp. It’s hilarious and I suggest you all give it a watch, I had a great time watching it. From what I understand it’s filmed in Montreal! :D (But it's in English so no worries. :P)

(I'll only link episode 1 because it’s quite easy to see the next episodes in the related sidebar :) There is currently only 2 seasons.)

Episode 1

Rachael

• 1468 posts
    March 19, 2016 2:38 AM PDT

I consider myself a bit of a geek but LARPing is just a step too far for me on the geeky scale. I'd feel like such a prat doing that.

• 563 posts
    March 19, 2016 3:00 AM PDT

Just to clarify it's not real larping, its a comedy show about larping, kind of like how "The Guild" was a comedy show. :)

• 1468 posts
    March 19, 2016 3:22 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Just to clarify it's not real larping, its a comedy show about larping, kind of like how "The Guild" was a comedy show. :)

Ah OK :). I don't know much about LARPing to be honest. I do know that there used to be a LARPing club at my old university and one of my parents friends used to be into medieval reinactment when I was a little kid. Now that I could get into as I love history.

• 160 posts
    March 19, 2016 3:19 PM PDT

This show is super funny.