Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQ - Lost Dungeons of Norrath Expansion

• 668 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:29 PM PDT

Okay-

So this is something that has bothered me and for those of you that have played in this expansion, hear me out.

For starters, this was a really fun expansion because I liked the different dungeon crawls and it really required some good teamwork to beat consistently.  I was a monk so the pulling was super fun and necessary.  It took a considerable amount of time, I mean a LONG time, to max out the adventurers augment stone for that expansion.  The raid portions of this were next to impossible, especially for the limited loot compared to the very next expansion.

So...

I scratch me head wondering what the developers were thinking?  As soon as the next expansion came out, or next few, this was ghost towened for the most part.  Was this just a filler?

I thought it would have been really neat if they gave you something like a trinket, even the final evolved augment, that would evolve or continue as the best piece available for the entirety of EQ.  If this remained the BiS always, there is an ENTIRE reason people would go back and knock out the LDoN expansion.

Thoughts?  Not sure why this bothers me, but to me everything should have a past, present, and future plan for the players.

• 176 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:47 PM PDT

Looking back on it now I think it might have been a feeler for EQ2? Pretty sure that was really the first instancing dungeons I'd ever done. The one thing I did like that they did that expansion was the group leader stuff. I assume it had its own set of problems but one more thing for me to level up is always awesome and since I am the group leader more reason to make me the group leader is even more awesome.

This post was edited by Jamie at March 16, 2016 2:49 PM PDT
    • 130 posts
    March 16, 2016 3:33 PM PDT

LDoN was a lot of fun for casuals, and horrible for raiders.  That expansion was a mixed bag of two extremes.  Personally I loved it, but it should have had some good raid content.

It was an expansion but it was more like, 50% of an expansion.