Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Interesting to see

• 23 posts
    March 15, 2016 1:20 PM PDT

Think it would be interesting to see or entertain the concept of a quest chain to grant a player the access to graft an items stats or enhancements to an existing piece of gear that would randomly improve the existing stats or enhancements, or do so by a specific percentage.  ...catch or design being that the item has to have the same type of stats in order to do the grafting.  

but designing it around either a quest chain or event chain completion would be interesting and add value to me. ...or make it fun, as someone who enjoys working on/towards professions.

• 613 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:22 PM PDT

Now that’s a great idea! I think it would be awesome to put some actual weight into the effort we take as crafters. Questing for the materials or even the recipes for a particular item would be great. Making different tiers of hammers or swords etc. would give them depth. A badly needed piece to the players that like to do that. I do believe EQ had that to an extent and LotrO had it also in the early days.
    This also works for the player skills. The method of improving skills should not be based on how many ingots you hammer out on an experience bar.
    Learning how to prospect for materials and how to combine them into a usable item should be a challenge. It should be fun and engaging. Make people want to make their own gear and be proud to sell it or wear it.
    I guess I am tired of the current methods of MMO's versions of crafting.
    Great idea Abiyram
    Ox