Forums » News and Announcements

State of the Game, GDC, and non-VR people playing Pantheon.

• 366 posts
    March 1, 2016 6:06 AM PST

Good update - I thank you for it.

• 68 posts
    March 1, 2016 6:53 AM PST

Wonderful news about the game! 

• 221 posts
    March 1, 2016 8:10 AM PST

Hey Max!  Good seeing you around! 

• 15 posts
    March 1, 2016 9:06 AM PST

Awesome to hear, don't rush it!!! Can't wait for this game to release though :)

• 79 posts
    March 1, 2016 11:36 AM PST

Take your time. No sense in releasing a test copy simply for the sake of having one. Pre-alpha and alpha should be strictly used for testing features, not for drumming up support.

• 83 posts
    March 1, 2016 12:04 PM PST

lovely, please take the time to make the foundation of the game as solid as possible, the sturdier the better :)

• 30 posts
    March 1, 2016 12:30 PM PST

Good luck at GDC. I hope you guys can win over a few extra investors : )

• 68 posts
    March 1, 2016 2:00 PM PST

Convo said:

Thank you! Good to see so many still here.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    March 1, 2016 2:53 PM PST

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement -- we are super excited!

• 201 posts
    March 1, 2016 11:25 PM PST

Anaksuun said:

Thank you for recognizing that there are still so many of us out here that aren't looking for another anime, face roll, solo in an MMO game. So far, Pantheon is truly a breath of fresh air, and something this genre desperately needs!

I apologize ahead of time if this turns out being SUUPER LONG. I also Upgraded my package to the $100 pledge, and Writing this while I am at work right now and apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors, I am tired as **** right now.

I agree with this right here. I heard about the game after you guys did your failed kick starter attempt.. (TBH, I don't think you spread the news far enough for enough people to back it)

I know that Brad has worked on Everquest back when it was being made under 989 studies from Verant Interactive. I only played Everquest after Sony got their greedy hands on it. I  Started playing the game when I was about 10 years old, (I am 20 now, almost 21). I did not know what I liked about it so much back then, I remember Running around Field of Bone as an Iskar Warrior; and killing my first Scorpian which was red to me at the time. I loved the whole aspect of having to chase after your corpse after you died, and having to loot your self. Many people hated that, but I thought it brought a sense of fear to your deaths. It kept people in check, if you know what I mean, and have been on and off playing the game since then. The community has dwindled and it is quite sad watching players you played with just never log back in.

Throughout my years of gaming, I have tried several different MMO's but none of them felt right. Everything felt like it was handed to you... For Example... Oouh look there is a feather over that NPC's head, He has a quest. ETCETC. It felt just to easy, and none of the game's really had a punishment for when you died. it was like okay you died, Pay your repair fee for your armor which was not like an insane amount of money. I have tried playing WoW, No I could not get into the game. The art style, the story, and the game play... It just felt like there was no soul behind it. Every other MMO I have tried such as Rift, and a couple of others (cant think of the names right now) just felt like a WoW reskin, with slightly new and different things. But I think John Smedley was trying to lead Everquest down the correct path; but I think it lost its way.

So I really think this game will have a new major impact into the MMO scene, OR atleast I hope it does! Because I am really tired of this Micro Transaction crap that the gaming industry has been trying to unload onto us. Yes, I was skeptical about the game when I heard about it at first. Then just recent while playing on one of Everquest TLE servers someone I have felt like I "Befriended" was like have you heard of "Pantheon, Rise of the Fallen"... I was like "I think I have, It sounds very familiar!" Turns out I have. And I really like the way the game is coming, The HUD has me like eeh a little bit but that's not a turn off from the game. (Side note: I have ALWAYS wanted to be a game developer at some point in my life, eventually I will get there.. Damn College -.-)

So Brad, and Everyone that is working at Visionary Realms, I would like to personnally thank each and every one of you =) Keep up your amazing work, I Know it can be challenging or stressful at times but keep up your Amazing work! We are all looking forward to enjoying the game that you guys are working so hard on!

My Deepest Thanks!

PFC Sanborn

US OR ARMY NATIONAL GUARD

741 BEB (-) 141 IBCT

This post was edited by Tootiredtocare at March 1, 2016 11:29 PM PST
    • 51 posts
    March 2, 2016 6:17 AM PST

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're taking all the time you need to make Pantheon the best game it can be.

• 557 posts
    March 2, 2016 6:18 AM PST

Great post, Brad.

When I re-read "The Pantheon Difference" I weep little tears of joy each time.

You're going to rock their socks in those backroom GDC discussions.

Best wishes.

• 19 posts
    March 2, 2016 8:33 AM PST

THIS is the kind of communication I love to see from a dev. I am happy to wait and contribute for as long as it takes for the game to release in a stable healthy state! Just keeping us apprised of what's going on will go so far in terms of fostering trust and excitement. So happy to hear about the progress being made and the extremely communicative nature of VR and Brad and Kilsin in particular. Really appreciate what you are doing and how it is being handled, could not be more excited for this game and I eagerly await further news and write ups. Good luck at GDC!

• 2 posts
    March 2, 2016 11:34 PM PST

Aradune you are my Hero! EQ, Vanguard....Pantheon. Absolutely agree your team's vision for my ultimate MMO...thanks for the update and Pantheon is guaranteed to ROCK GDC 30 in 2 weeks!!!! Much Aloha from Hawaii!

• 366 posts
    March 3, 2016 6:56 AM PST
    • 999 posts
    March 3, 2016 7:19 AM PST
    @Zarriya

Appreciate the link - Wolfshead is always a good read.
    • 563 posts
    March 3, 2016 7:29 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Here is a nice article from one of those testers: http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/a-glimpse-into-the-pantheon-development-process-at-visionary-realms/

Thanks for the link Zarriya, it was a good read, glad to see some positive media being put out already :D

• 157 posts
    March 3, 2016 7:42 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Here is a nice article from one of those testers: http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/a-glimpse-into-the-pantheon-development-process-at-visionary-realms/

Groovie!  A good read.  

Thanks for the heads-up, Zarriya.

• 104 posts
    March 3, 2016 9:19 AM PST

Very nice article. I wish more had been said about the actual game though.

• 366 posts
    March 3, 2016 10:40 AM PST

you're welcome guys :) 

Aena, I dont think they can chat too much about the game at this point (understandable), and I am sure whatever he mentioned he had to run by VRI first. I would love to hear more too!

This post was edited by Zarriya at March 3, 2016 11:46 AM PST
    • 26 posts
    March 8, 2016 3:58 AM PST

such great news and I am so looking forward to activly helping in the build up to its launch..  

• 9 posts
    March 8, 2016 5:59 AM PST

Man, you guys sure know how to give us information just dripping with juicy information! I love it! I will be ready Friday night for Twitch. Thank you for the hard work you all put into the development of Pantheon!

This post was edited by inmysights at March 8, 2016 6:01 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    March 9, 2016 5:16 PM PST

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  :)

• 3016 posts
    March 9, 2016 5:20 PM PST

Max63 said:

Convo said:

Thank you! Good to see so many still here.

Hiya Max :)

• 668 posts
    March 9, 2016 6:45 PM PST

Brad-

The one difference that truly makes this exciting and buys all of our patience in the world, is the fact that you and your team care enough about the community to keep us all informed.  Never have I seen this commitment before and it is quite special.  That being said, you have won a lot of us over and we will glady wait and support where we can to help see this thru.  Thanks again for the updates!