Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Discord server (voice / text) chat for Pantheon

• 1468 posts
    February 17, 2016 9:55 PM PST

Hopefully this isn't breaking any forum rules. If it is please delete the message and I won't post it again but I thought it would be useful for people who are interested in discussing this game more and getting to know people from the community.

I have set up an unofficial Discord server for Pantheon that anyone can join. You can chat via text or by voice if you choose. All you need to do is click the link below and it'll guide you through the process of signing up and joining the server. Once you have done that you can download the desktop client which is much more powerful and flexible.

If you've just signed up with Discord you might need to wait for 5 minutes before you can interact on the server to help stop spam etc getting through. Anyway if you want to join all you need to do is click the link here to get started:

Hopefully we can use this server to get to know each other a bit more and also to discuss things :).

Edit: Removed the old link to the Discord server as there is a more active one that Dreconic posted later on in this thread. I have copy and pasted the link that he posted here:

https://discord.gg/0qLCKi6ImOyGDUHq

Please use this Discord server instead.

This post was edited by Cromulent at February 24, 2016 1:32 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:17 AM PST

This is fine to post Cromulent but I have moved it to Off-Topic as it doesn't relate directly to Pantheon as it is a communication tool outside of the game.

• 1468 posts
    February 23, 2016 5:21 PM PST

Just wanted to add that we now have about 8 or 9 people chatting in this chat room. If you haven't yet joined then come along we are all quite friendly :).

• 1095 posts
    February 23, 2016 5:48 PM PST

cool

This post was edited by Aich at February 23, 2016 5:48 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    February 23, 2016 6:29 PM PST

I <3 you Cromulent.

• 511 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:52 PM PST

So somehow I missed this. We actually have a discord channel set up over at https://discord.gg/0qLCKi6ImOyGDUHq your welcome to join us! We got Cookies, and the Crusher of Dreams (AKA Kilsin) in there talking with us!

• 1468 posts
    February 24, 2016 1:33 PM PST

Updated the original post with the link that Dreconic posted as that Discord server is more active and people should use that Discord server instead. The other Discord server that I started will be closed in a few days (possibly a week) so that there is only one Discord server for the community.

• 511 posts
    February 27, 2016 1:04 PM PST

We are having a lot of really good discussions on the discord server about PRF, MMO's in general, other games, books, movies etc. Come join in the fun!

• 59 posts
    April 9, 2016 8:48 PM PDT

Thank you this! I love Discord. ^^ I joined, hopefully meet some folks from the community.

• 271 posts
    April 10, 2016 2:39 AM PDT

No idea what a discord server is, but will give this a whirl once i'm on my desktop.

Nice gesture Grom! Again :)

• 59 posts
    April 10, 2016 1:31 PM PDT

Aenra said:

No idea what a discord server is, but will give this a whirl once i'm on my desktop.

Nice gesture Grom! Again :)

Prepare to fall in love. Discord is new and still in development, but it's my favorite chat program yet. You can use it via browser, desktop app or mobile app. There are text channels AND voice channels. it's a great way to pass the time at work stay in touch with fellow gamers and discuss Pantheon!

• 149 posts
    April 10, 2016 2:19 PM PDT

Just joined up!

• 131 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:47 PM PDT

I joined last night.  What a great way to 'meet" other members of the community while we wait!

Please come join us everyone!  

If anyone needs help with setting up Discord just let us know.  I am sure we are all happy to help!

• 15 posts
    April 11, 2016 7:03 PM PDT

I joined as well, great lil program, hope more come on in.

• 9115 posts
    April 11, 2016 7:24 PM PDT

Sorry folks, I got an important call right as I typed "Hello" then Discord crashed and kept me in a continuous loop of "connecting" even after a PC reboot...it's not my connection either, so not sure what is going on but if it fixes itself up I will jump back in :)

• 17 posts
    April 11, 2016 8:13 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Sorry folks, I got an important call right as I typed "Hello" then Discord crashed and kept me in a continuous loop of "connecting" even after a PC reboot...it's not my connection either, so not sure what is going on but if it fixes itself up I will jump back in :)

My TS3 server is up and stable......just saying :)

• 47 posts
    April 11, 2016 8:36 PM PDT

I joined! Never used Discord though and still trying to figure it out..

• 131 posts
    April 12, 2016 4:06 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

This only happened because I was already in bed and would have missed out on all the fun >:)

This post was edited by MINX at April 12, 2016 4:06 AM PDT