Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Collections & Titles

• 170 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:41 AM PST

Just curious and maybe its too soon in development to ask but I will.

Will there be collections of things armor sets, weapons, jewelery, artifacts, pets, either that gives bonus for having the set or experienxe or an item for reward for collecting and turning? 

Will there be titles for accomplishments such as Vox Slayer for killing Vox, or Lady Godiva for completing a chocolate cooking recipe or something rare, I can think of others but just curious if we will?

Thanks

• 1095 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:56 PM PST

Abacda said:

or Lady Godiva for completing a chocolate cooking recipe 

I like titles but they need to be hard to get and mean something.

This post was edited by Aich at February 15, 2016 9:53 AM PST
    • 563 posts
    February 14, 2016 9:13 PM PST

I've personally always loved equipment sets and titles. If they implement titles, I know for sure I'll be spending alot of time trying to collect them xD

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at February 14, 2016 9:14 PM PST
    • 109 posts
    February 15, 2016 4:32 AM PST

Armor sets and collections I'm cool with, titles however I think should be a rare thing, awarded at GM events or for other one off things. Keep titles special imo. While I never had one in EQ, I always envied those who'd earned them in some way and always hoped an oppotunity would arise where I could earn one. One more of the little carrots on a stick EQ left dangling in front of folks heh.

Garmr

• 96 posts
    February 15, 2016 5:13 AM PST

Personally I really hope titles and collections aren't overly abundant. I get way to OCD about skipping stuff, and when you have the amount of collections that EQ2 did it was really getting to me! I would say collections from a certain point but don't just litter every zone in the world with them, it'll make them feel unimportant. The same goes with titles. Give a title for every achievement and it seems silly.

• 170 posts
    February 15, 2016 8:01 AM PST

Yeah somethings special not as abundent and easy to get as EQ2 but some none the less.

• 79 posts
    February 15, 2016 8:48 AM PST

I like the concept of item sets and titles but, like you guys, only if it isn't excessive. I liked that old EQ items could benefit many classes. I wasn't crazy about the obligatory dedicated class armor sets with every new raid in WoW. It also makes everyone look the same which takes away from the immersion.

• 14 posts
    April 7, 2017 5:37 PM PDT

I would be fine if the game had neither...  

That being said, I have over 30K acheivement points in Rift.  I just have a thing about Greyed out items.   I HATE greyed out items.  I must unlock everything!!!  If they're there. I do them.  Which is why i wouldnt mind them not being there as I'm sure there will be a ton of other things to focus on.  

Titles... I Dont use them.  Protector of this, Conquerer of that. I dont care.  The only thing above my head is my Name and Guild tag.  Your name is what makes you unique.  Not some title that a bunch of other people have.  It may be good for the RP crowd or the causal player though.  However, not everyone feels the same.  So an option to turn off titles might be nice. 

• 1468 posts
    April 9, 2017 1:54 PM PDT

If they did have armour sets I'd prefer it if there were multiple armour sets so you could mix and match to get the best set that suits your gaming style. That would also mean that people would look different from each other depending on their gaming style.

When I played EQ I don't think I ever had a full armour set. I always had items that were from multiple different expansions based on what I could afford / could earn on a raid. That made my character look unique which I loved. But that was because EQ had so many different items for each class that having a full on armour set wasn't really needed. I loved that fact.