Forums » The Dire Lord

Feign Death

• 46 posts
    June 5, 2017 11:12 AM PDT

I went over this briefly in the Dire Lord Exepctations thread, but hopefully no one is too set on feign death for the dire lord. When the monk was initially shown, its class defining ability was feign death. While the game has some time until release and things may change, personally I think would be odd to have another class's iconic ability (even if it was on a higher cooldown). 

• 40 posts
    June 21, 2017 4:44 PM PDT

Garmr said:

Really want to see this implemented for the DL as it was for the SK. I felt it was one of the class defining features of the class, making us useful as pullers, raid savers etc.

Thoughts?

Considering Feign Death is class defining ability of the Monk please no. I don't want another rehash of Everquest leave it only to the Monks. 

• 101 posts
    June 23, 2017 12:19 PM PDT

I'm happy to see whatever they have in store for us.  New game, new concepts.

• 8 posts
    August 23, 2017 11:29 PM PDT

Honestly, feign death is a fun mechanic - but for Dire Lord's I'd like to see an ability that gives greater justice to their fearless mentality.

My idea for a *similar* ability is to:

Ability Name - Doomed Declaration

1. After channeling for 1-2 sec (which can be interupted if being hit) you force taunt ALL enemies within a large radius and through geography (30-50 meters - or whatever that equates to in-game pixels), for 8-10 sec

2. 4-5 seconds after activation the Dire Knight falls into a stupor (rooted and can't cast or attack) but is granted invulnerability until the last second of the remaining taunt, where he breaks free from his stupor.

3. There will be a 2-3 second window after the stupor, where the Dire Lord can choose to begin attacking again or re-cast the ability to instantly Feign Death with a 50-60% success rate.

4. Ability then has a 10-15min cooldown timer.

This post was edited by Omega at August 24, 2017 4:05 AM PDT
    • 152 posts
    September 1, 2017 12:12 PM PDT
    I agree that playing dead doesn't really fit the image of a Dire Lord. Perhaps if the animation was changed, with the same effect, itd work. I imagine VR is developing this sort of solution. Maybe a kind of memory wipe, "Destroy Memory," would work. Or maybe the DL could "release his spirit" from his body, shown by some cool, subtle, spectral animation, after which his body would ragdoll limply to the ground.
    • 218 posts
    September 6, 2017 3:38 PM PDT

I'm surprised that so many people want to see FD play a major role in Pantheon.  I thought we'd all realized by now that FD is the biggest cheese mechanic in Everquest.  The ability to basically not fear death, or flop around to the bottom of a dungeon, or spawn-camp without any fear of agro, is game-breaking in a way that no other single ability is likely to be.  Then throw in all of the absurd content-skipping and solo-pulling that can be accomplished with FD (especially when combined with an SK pet) and the mechanic is hard to justify.  I certainly hope there are major limitations placed on FD in this game, and if anything other than a Monk gets the ability, it should be toned way down or placed on a long cooldown.  Less cheese, please!