Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Your Epic Story

• 66 posts
    February 10, 2016 2:53 PM PST

i'm sure almost everyone on here has a favorite memory in EQ or whatever game you came from, wether it was in a group or raid setting, first raid kill, or whatnot, where you just think back to that memory and it puts a smile on your face due to the epicness of what had happened. 

here's one of mine,

We were raiding Plane of Fire, and had most of it on near farm status. Fighting General Reparm, can quad 3k hit and proc 3k fire DD, so no joke of a fight for when we fought him. We had him down to about 6% on our 3rd tank when he just starts one rounding tank after tank (after enrage), all tanks just start dropping, no tanks left and starts to try to go through the DPS...well i'm on top of the hate list (rogue with little use of hide to keep my aggro high on the list for precisely this reason), turns to me, in my head "i have trained for this moment"....pop nimble disc and turn it as if i'm tanking....raid leader starts calling wipe...3 seconds, Furty still alive...raid leader starts calling  BURN BURN BURN, HEAL FURTY, HEAL FURTY.....10 seconds in, a tank is up and is coming back to tank with rez sickness, 1% left when i finnaly die, general down..... proudest moment of my EQ raiding career. saving a raid :D . 

• 428 posts
    February 10, 2016 3:36 PM PST

Mine was EQ2 I was on the freeport side ona PVP server when we heard a contested Avatar was being pulled we got 1 2x raid together bound and determined to stop it. when we zoned in we discovered that the exile faction was being protected by the Qeyno faction.  Well we blasted though the Q's and wrecked that raid dozens of times each while getting more and more members online finnaly we had enough for 2 4x raids and a 3x raid.  We zoned in all people destroyed the block force and the attack raid and set the perimeter.  First pull we got wrecked by the mob and the attack force.  By the time we got back ready they Exile faction had the avatar down to 15 percent health.  We role in and kill everyone with the mob at around 5 percent.  We wait for buffs and spells fake pull the mob with a single group the exiles and Q's roll in and we wipe them as soon as they go down we set pull the mob.  With the mob at 10 percent we start getting attacked again but we fought through it killed the mob and wiped both factions again.

BOOM server first kill :)  Not to mention we gained 800+pvp kills while we were at it

• 206 posts
    April 15, 2019 11:39 AM PDT

I was on the edge of my seat at the end of that story Furty. nail biter.