Forums » News and Announcements

February's Monthly Newsletter - The Cleric Reveal!

• 12 posts
    February 10, 2016 11:46 AM PST

Great Update! Extremely excited to read the rest of them and continue to get a feel for the classes in the game! I cant wait to see how this manifests as well!

On a side note, are we going to get a class per month? Cause that would break my heart a bit. Maybe a class per week?

• 9 posts
    February 10, 2016 12:40 PM PST

I have been following and reading about Pantheon for a while and after reading this months newsletter, I am now supporting!  I don't plan on being a cleric but what I read was what I hoped to see.  Pantheon looks like its shaping up nicely.

• 138 posts
    February 10, 2016 1:02 PM PST

Is it too early to know if the Cleric and Crusader will have a heightened ability to fight the undead?

• 7 posts
    February 10, 2016 2:28 PM PST

Thanks for the update!

• 595 posts
    February 10, 2016 3:31 PM PST

Very Cool. Glad to see the ball is finally rolling on classes. I'm not a Cleric but hopefully this is sign of things to come and we will begin to see more classes in the near future. I also enjoy the little bit of lore tied in as well.

Another interesting bit taken from the newsletter is the part about Druids and their ability to affect weather and also have their skills/abilities affected by weather. This was an idea that was originally considered for the Vanguard Druid, but sadly never made it in.  I'm excited at the prospect of this concept finally making an appearance in Pantheon.  I have always been a proponent of dynamic weather patterns and their affect on a world.  Weather having a meaningful impact is a very interesting concept to me and one that very much has the potential to be a boon to immersion as well.  There are endless ways that the effects of severe (and not so severe) weather can have on game play, lore, NPCs, markets, landscapes, etc.

Thanks for the update team and I am very much looking forward to the next.

• 208 posts
    February 10, 2016 4:38 PM PST

Wish we could have gotten some video, but no complaints. Any info is good. :)

• 311 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:11 PM PST

Thanks for the update was hopin for a lil more but any news is good.

• 999 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:15 PM PST

azsif said:

Great Update! Extremely excited to read the rest of them and continue to get a feel for the classes in the game! I cant wait to see how this manifests as well!

On a side note, are we going to get a class per month? Cause that would break my heart a bit. Maybe a class per week?

Yeah, getting a tidbit of class info is nice, looking forward to seeing them all fully fleshed out.

And, I obviously have no official information, but I don't think weekly would be farfetched unless the plan on is to release class info even after pre-alpha/alpha.  I would imagine there are specific outlines of skills/abilities at least on all the classes now especially when I remember the discussion that classes were already being tested level 1-10?  Can't find the link where that was discussed though.

So, 11 more classes still to be revealed - 1 per week would put that date at 04/27/16.  And, if pre-alpha is still scheduled for early 2016 - that would be placing the final class reveals squarely in the 2nd quarter 2016, which, I wouldn't consider early 2016 anymore.

And, if each race is getting a newbie zone reveal similar to Wild's end, if you stagger it and add 1 race per week and 1 class the next week it would put the date at 06/22/16.  So, I'd say it would be safe to say more will be revealed quicker than once per month, even if it isn't weekly, if pre-alpha/alpha/beta is still scheduled in 2016.  The NDA would exist for pre-alpha/alpha to keep class info contained, but in an open beta (unless they tried to keep the NDA intact which I'd argue would be more detrimental than beneficial) class information would get out regardless if it was released on this site yet or not.

• 393 posts
    February 10, 2016 8:54 PM PST

Nice to see an update in my e-mail. Thanks for surprise!

• 83 posts
    February 11, 2016 12:25 AM PST

yes finally some class news, now all we need is that new website/forum released :)

• 126 posts
    February 11, 2016 1:12 AM PST

Thank you for this nice class reveal. It surely looks like that the cleric will be considered "the" healer. Well. I guess I can cope playing the cleric... (secretly heartbroken)

• 170 posts
    February 11, 2016 3:35 AM PST

Awesome! Great post, a teaser post really. I can't wait to see Shaman and Dire Lord.

• 66 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:18 AM PST

Love the update. Can't wait to see more.

• 79 posts
    February 12, 2016 6:43 AM PST

Glad to see an update and the start of class reveals. I am planning on playing a support class and cleric is obviously up at the top of the list. Can't wait to see more information. Keep up the good work!

• 5 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:04 PM PST

Thanks for the class update.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:03 PM PST

Thanks all -- I'm glad you enjoyed it and we appreciate the feedback and encouragement!  More to come!  Onward and upward!

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2016 2:46 PM PST

Thank you for the excellent update, I can't wait to see more!

• 378 posts
    February 13, 2016 3:56 PM PST

Love the New Info on my beloved Cleric class and the hints at the Hybrid classes which I love only 2nd to the cleric.

Any chance we could get a sticky post for the link in the Cleric class forum ?

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2016 4:07 PM PST

Zandil said:

Love the New Info on my beloved Cleric class and the hints at the Hybrid classes which I love only 2nd to the cleric.

Any chance we could get a sticky post for the link in the Cleric class forum ?

Yeah, sure mate :)