Forums » News and Announcements

February's Monthly Newsletter - The Cleric Reveal!

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2016 3:08 AM PST

Follow the link to our news section to see what Brad has to say about classes and find a special link to our Cleric Reveal! :)

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/news/latest_news/

• 366 posts
    February 10, 2016 4:02 AM PST

I enjoyed reading about the cleric and the class design philosophy. You may want the website admin to  update this page to reflect the newest news http://www.pantheonmmo.com/#section4 . Thank you for pushing the update early - I was not expecting it till the end of the day!

• 610 posts
    February 10, 2016 4:04 AM PST

Quick question...the cleric reveal and spell / skill list didnt mention anything on Rezing...is that an oversight? clerics not get rez? or just not included until a full spell list is released?

Also there was no mention of what races are available to the Cleric class...if any of this information is available would love to have it..thanks guys

Awesome write up on the cleric and I cant wait to play my Myr Cleric soon!

This post was edited by Sevens at February 10, 2016 4:26 AM PST
    • 724 posts
    February 10, 2016 4:27 AM PST

VERY nice! Cleric was already high on my "might try and play" list, definitely more so now!

@Sevens: I hope all healers get some form of rez spell, so this wouldn't be a specific cleric ability to mention.

• 157 posts
    February 10, 2016 4:47 AM PST

Sevens said:

Quick question...the cleric reveal and spell / skill list didnt mention anything on Rezing...is that an oversight? clerics not get rez? or just not included until a full spell list is released?

Also there was no mention of what races are available to the Cleric class...if any of this information is available would love to have it..thanks guys

I think this is just meant as a very high level overview of the class.  I'm sure more information will be forthcoming as the other classes are revealed. It's in line with the information that's come out so far.  No surprises here.  It's great to see the progress, guys!

This post was edited by xtnpd at February 10, 2016 7:04 AM PST
    • 89 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:03 AM PST

Very cool!  Cant wait to see the newsletter for the Summoner!

• 194 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:11 AM PST
    Awesome! It's great to get a peek into how things are getting fleshed out. Thanks!
    • 9115 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:18 AM PST

Zarriya said:

I enjoyed reading about the cleric and the class design philosophy. You may want the website admin to  update this page to reflect the newest news http://www.pantheonmmo.com/#section4 . Thank you for pushing the update early - I was not expecting it till the end of the day!

Hmm that is strange, that is where I got the link from to post, I can see it!

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:23 AM PST

Sevens said:

This was not an oversight, we are just releasing a basic overview of the Cleric, more spells and abilities will be revealed as time goes on. Race lockouts is another subject entirely and we will post that information at a later date as I think we are still finalising a few of them.

Glad you like it mate! :)

• 109 posts
    February 10, 2016 5:44 AM PST

Most excellent, don't suppose we can do the Dire Lord next eh? wink wink nudge nudge.

Garmr

• 366 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:03 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Zarriya said:

Hmm that is strange, that is where I got the link from to post, I can see it!

That is odd - because I get this (even after refreshing my browser):

Edit update: If I use chrome it is correct.  My friend is using edge and it is ok. My Firefox is not updated for some reason. I guess this is a sign for me to break down and install Win10.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 10, 2016 6:14 AM PST
    • 308 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:14 AM PST

Try reloading with Crtl + F5 to force a cache refresh, might help.

• 366 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:16 AM PST

Reht said:

Thank you for the suggestion but it does not work.

edit - I went into control panel and deleted some temporary files and that did not work.  I could go crazy and delete cookies n such  however that is more trouble than it is worth. It will correct itself in time. So it is good to know the issue is on my end. Thank you both.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 10, 2016 6:32 AM PST
    • 563 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:36 AM PST

Great to hear about the Cleric, it is the class I currently wanted to play the most! I'm glad to get a confirmation that they will be wearing plate (I love the idea of a healer wearing plate! one of my favorite memories about my limited time playing Cleric in Vanguard) (would be cool if we can wield 1h swords/daggers as well ;P) , also the Pillar shield sounds very interesting, I look forward to seeing how that works in groups and raids!

I also have to say I love the snippet of information we got about the Druids in the newsletter, how they may affect/synergize with the environment sounds very intriguing!

I very much look forward to more information being released! xD

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at February 10, 2016 6:43 AM PST
    • 37 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:45 AM PST

I'm so excited, I just tinkled in my pants.  I can't wait for the Druid reveal, but I know you're going to make me agonize over it for the next few months....sigh.

• 148 posts
    February 10, 2016 6:49 AM PST

Nice update, can't wait for further class details 

• 132 posts
    February 10, 2016 7:24 AM PST

Thanks for update. I will be a Cleric so having at least a little info is awesome. I have been a healer in every game I have played. 

I like everything I read. Hopefully more info soon.

The pillar thing sounds interesting. I am imagining larger totems from WoW shaman healers... guess we'll see more later. 

My homepage also doesn't show any update. Still has 12-18-15 

This post was edited by Medjai at February 10, 2016 7:35 AM PST
    • 563 posts
    February 10, 2016 7:37 AM PST

Im using firefox, and from the home page, when I hover my mouse over the cleric in the Class section, it sais "learn more" at the botton of the brief description, which leads to the article on Clerics that was just released. :D

Rachael

• 1095 posts
    February 10, 2016 7:59 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Reht said:

Thank you for the suggestion but it does not work.

edit - I went into control panel and deleted some temporary files and that did not work.  I could go crazy and delete cookies n such  however that is more trouble than it is worth. It will correct itself in time. So it is good to know the issue is on my end. Thank you both.

Turn off your adblocker in browser.

• 428 posts
    February 10, 2016 8:07 AM PST

The Little mention about crusaders being useful made me sooo happy.  Cleric looks amazing and cant wait to see all the classes in action.

• 63 posts
    February 10, 2016 9:15 AM PST

It sounds like the Clerics will get a Gandalf-ish "You Shall Not Pass!" spell, which can add a ton of utility to tense combat situations. Imagine coordinating with an enchanter to keep a mob at bay in case her mesmerize spell breaks prematurely, all the while still keeping your eye on group health. Sounds fun!

• 366 posts
    February 10, 2016 9:25 AM PST

Aich said:

Thank you so much for trying Aich <3, but I do not have Adblocker.

My apologies that I thought it was the site. Khayos helped me by telling me to find the disk location of firefoxes cache and delete it. Thx Khay!

So clerics and classes......   The iconic ability (sheild) seems really powerful - I am looking forward to hearing about the other classes iconic abilities. Cleric was one of the classes I was interested in playing and I was happy to see they had a reactive heal and a heal over time.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 10, 2016 11:00 AM PST
    • 1778 posts
    February 10, 2016 9:38 AM PST
    Yay a class update. I wont be playing a healer but the Cleric sounds really cool.

Loved the extra snippets too. Glad to see there will be hybrids and you guys are being careful about their design. The goal should be not OP but not LOL.

Lastly cant wait to hear more about Druid. Some of the design sounds very similar to the FF series Geomancer. Sounds great.
    • 1095 posts
    February 10, 2016 10:03 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Aich said:

Thank you so much for trying Aich <3, but I do not have Adblocker.

Khayos helped me by telling me to find the disk location of firefoxes cache and delete it. Thx Khay!

So clerics and classes......   The iconic ability (sheild) seems really powerful - I am looking forward to hearing about the other classes iconic abilities. Cleric was one of the classes I was interested in playing and I was happy to see they had a reactive heal and a heal over time.

Welcome. I pauses my adblocker and it fixed it for me. Thought I'd share. Glad yours is fixed!

This post was edited by Aich at February 10, 2016 11:18 AM PST
    • 82 posts
    February 10, 2016 10:33 AM PST

cool update! must be time for the next one maybe rogue :D

This post was edited by Ultra at February 10, 2016 10:48 AM PST