Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

One Punch Man - Anime

• 238 posts
    February 3, 2016 2:37 AM PST

Best Combat Anime of 2015

One Punch Man

This is my personal favorite anime of 2015 and I would bet it will take most of the official awards as well.

One Punch Man: By far the craziest superhero/fighting anime of the year.

The story takes place in the fictional Japanese metropolis of City Z. The world is full of strange monsters that mysteriously appear and cause disasters. Saitama, the protagonist, is an incredibly powerful hero who can easily defeat the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his powers and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can present a challenge to him.

On his adventures, he meets new friends, enemies, and his own disciple, the cyborg Genos, and joins the Heroes Association in order to gain official recognition as a hero. Despite defeating many strong monsters that even the Heroes Association’s top members are unable to defeat, Saitama struggles to gain respect. Most people look down on him due to his plain physical appearance, and some accuse him of being a counterfeit hero. Only a small number of individuals recognize his incredible talent and humility towards others.

The action is insane and there is a bit of humor to it as well. The story progresses very rapidly and the animation is drawn by some of the top animators in the world.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yri-0N7y5Mc

As always you can watch free anime at Kissanime: https://kissanime.to/Anime/One-Punch-Man

This post was edited by Xonth at February 3, 2016 2:39 AM PST
    • 1095 posts
    February 3, 2016 5:08 AM PST

I've seen them all. Very good Anime.

• 563 posts
    February 3, 2016 5:51 AM PST

I have not watched the anime, but I'm a big fan of the manga (both the original works and the redraws). Saitama is the best, I love how pretty much everyone thinks hes just some unnoteworthy weakling xD

• 208 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:53 PM PST

I'm very very picky about Anime and really haven't watched anything new in about 6 years. But I loved OPM. Really well down and hilarious.

• 63 posts
    February 8, 2016 8:33 AM PST

This quickly became one of my favorites for a number of reasons. Highly suggest it to anyone remotely interested in anime.

This post was edited by Montreseur at February 8, 2016 8:33 AM PST