Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

DEATH TO THE AUCTION HOUSE!!!

This topic has been closed.
    • 578 posts
    February 1, 2016 6:32 PM PST

I want to see the auction house eradicated from Pantheon. I hope they do not plan on implementing one. There are so many good things that can come from not having this magical auction house where a player opens up a window with a vendor and from all over the world items are magically delivered right to your feet.

For one, I always just thought auction houses were silly and lazy.

But for more practical reasons. If houses are ever implemented into game this could give them much more purpose. If there is no auction house then players could build their homes and place a vendor there that could sell their wares. This would help keep areas populated that would otherwise not be very populated. Remember housing in VG? Houses NEED purpose and anything to give them purpose would be a welcome change from VG.

Even if player housing cannot contain vendors to sell their items at least NPCs around the local towns and cities could. Again this is is a great way to keep areas populated that would otherwise not stay very populate over the course of the years.

It could create a much more social environment where crafter's wares are spread by word of mouth. Having an auction house nobody has to talk about anything because all you have to do is head to the vendor and look all the crap up. Without an AH crafters and players both have to be more vocal about their goods and if implemented properly by the devs this could create a more social game. Which is what the devs are trying to do right?

IF there was no auction house in Pantheon then the unique recipe idea could gain a lot more traction. Whether or not it is a single player who can create the item or a very small select group of people who can create it, if there is no auction house then the players seeking out these very rare items have to travel by foot across the lands to find said item. Now it creates a much more involved atmosphere where the crafter has to spread his rare items by word of mouth and the players seeking out said items have to retrieve these items through their journeys. Imagine being in a group and hearing from some random member who is from the North talk about a guy who just learned this unique recipe and can create one of the most strongest shields in the game. If you are a tank in need of one of the strongest shields in the game you may have just stumbled upon a little adventure for yourself, especially if there is no instant fast travel and you actually have to journey there by foot and mount.

I'm sure there are many other benefits to not having an auction house but it's late and I'm pretty much burnt out right about now. And I'm sure a few of you will tell me why auction houses are so great. But I assure you they are not. They suck and are lazy and if we are to have an immersive world that prides itself on social interaction and group involvement then we need to do away with the AH. Getting rid of it will help us depend on each other a little more and help us to stay social. :D

edit. UPDATE

Just wanted to update my original post to include a few points. Just because there is no auction house system does not mean there can be no system in place for players who do not wish to sell their items personally. I support any system that allows players to act as broker's for other players, whichever form deems best such as a cosignment shop or brokers or etc, so that players who do not wish to sell their items personally have an avenue to support their play style. This promotes a social environment while still giving players options with the trading and selling of their goods.

And IF the devs choose to use auction houses in the game then I'd at least hope that they make them strictly local.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at February 25, 2017 12:07 PM PST
    • 66 posts
    February 1, 2016 8:19 PM PST

how bout being able to view what is being sold in a certain "player town" via a billboard, but still have to search the merchants within that town to buy it? that still makes it to have to travel around for the rare goods. that way people still can be all like "oh this is being sold in soandso guild's town", just my 2cp if we do go the no AH route (which i agree with btw..no AH)

• 105 posts
    February 1, 2016 10:05 PM PST

I don’t like the auction house as its being implemented today, however, I'm not a fan of the OP's idea either.  My feeling is that the majority of the people won't sell anything and the 1% of people with the prime real-estate will get 99% of the sales. 

Furty makes a good suggestion that could help the issue, but I'm still skeptical.

Furty said:

how bout being able to view what is being sold in a certain "player town" via a billboard, but still have to search the merchants within that town to buy it? that still makes it to have to travel around for the rare goods. that way people still can be all like "oh this is being sold in soandso guild's town", just my 2cp if we do go the no AH route (which i agree with btw..no AH)

This post was edited by geatz at February 1, 2016 10:06 PM PST
    • 3 posts
    February 1, 2016 10:32 PM PST

If you want to build a better community and have emergent gameplay, having NO AH is the best move. Yes it is a pain to go to East Commonlands tunnel, but once you are there, you see behavior that is unique to MMOs. Buff newbs, trading, training guards onto people.

My vote is for no system to facilitate player to player trading.

• 409 posts
    February 1, 2016 10:42 PM PST

With an AH all most players did was buy cheap and sell high making money for nothing (exploiting it). I don't like the AH either. However it does save time.

I think it'd be alot better if they had rented shops (which includes a npc buyer/seller) which you could customise completely; but also placed in the major town of the region (as it saves looking everywhere). We used todo this simlairly in our minecraft RP server. Worked quite well as this also increased social interaction/RP via Merchants/buyers/sellers needing to traveling for their profits. Like people crossing paths n such. And what else we did was the same with resources for crafters, so that it encouraged people to move/travel around abit more. So certain areas had different amounts and types resources too. You're not gunna find many tree's to chop in a desert etc if you're a woodcrafter. This affected the prices of that region nearly wholely depentant on the crafting system. It was pretty cool.

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 1, 2016 11:25 PM PST
    • 610 posts
    February 2, 2016 12:14 AM PST

Im 100% with the no auction house..no bazaar, no automated trading what so ever

You want to sell, head to the local zone that is designated for trade (starting cities anyone) and spend the day hawking your wares

You want to buy, head to the same place and search for the best deal you can. Its a great system that worked wonderfully in EQ. It helps build a community, soon people get to be known for their wares. One thing I hope they avoid is allowing everyone to do every tradeskill. If you are a chef you shouldnt be a armorer too. Just seemed silly in EQ that you could master out every TS

• 66 posts
    February 2, 2016 12:24 AM PST

I'm sure I will be in the minority on this one, but I loved how the bazaar functioned in EQ. I loved leaving my character on overnight to wake up and see a spam of yellow text :) .

• 610 posts
    February 2, 2016 12:43 AM PST

Linkamus said:

I'm sure I will be in the minority on this one, but I loved how the bazaar functioned in EQ. I loved leaving my character on overnight to wake up and see a spam of yellow text :) .

My big complaint about the bazaar is that it takes away player interaction

If there was somehow a way to list your items and prices when you were off line so ppl could leave you a message

and next time you log on you contact them and work out a place to meet and price blah blah blah

• 1434 posts
    February 2, 2016 2:08 AM PST

I'm for a trade board. It would function similar to an AH in that you could list items and search by item, only the actual transaction would be negotiated in person (or through tells).

I wouldn't be totally against something like a bazaar or AH if it was heavily taxed. By heavily taxed, I mean like a consignment shop would charge you 40+% in real life. In that case, people would likely only use it for smaller items, because you are talking about thousands in monies lost to tax for any major item. This would allow the those who play as a trader to flourish without automated systems threatening that form of gameplay.

• 149 posts
    February 2, 2016 2:21 AM PST

Im in favor of a trade board that lists items from all the vendors in a particular zone (either housing merchants or some other form of localized Auction House), but you would be required to find the merchant yourself or buy directly from the board for a marked up cost (save 25% markup for the convenience factor).

• 671 posts
    February 2, 2016 3:01 AM PST

If this game has an acution house, I won't be playing.

Acution houses are counter to a living world, counter to travel & counter to a functioning society.

Automated trade is not bad, if done on a One on One basis. (Not under one roof).

ie: One spends his months playing..  deep in the dark woods seeking rare Yew, to (not cut down, but) splice the regrow their own... just to make a special type of Elven bows.. thats takes months to make. Yet yield the best properties, etc. And while also being a grandmaster fletcher & making some of the best arrows and other precision ranged items..  in which you have your warez up fopr sale at a merchant tent outside your local Village. In which you paid a NPC worker to harks your warez for you, for a cost. There is also a village tax to consider.

Ironically, at any point you can hark your own warez free of tax, ..or locality. (Oldschool).

With such mechanics in place, One can tweak it so only savvy and direct & active players will be able to maintain a shop head, in a small village..  so remote that you almost missed in passing.

Bigger Towns, or Cities can have higher costs and taxes associated with it. (this mechanic alone fits ideally to when housing is introdiced (2019?), that nobody wealthy enough will be able to own homes near cities yet.. might takes years. And then you probably won't see homes, but Manses & Guild Halls & Keeps..  will go up near cities. Tents are a different story. Most of the populace will scramble to own homes with the least amount of taxes and cost out in the rural and remote areas... where there is more danger. 

Ideally, One can take those^ suggested mechanics, & use them in many ways. Perhaps ties into that, the only way you can use an /auction channel (in cities), would be that you need a rented store head/merchent tent, etc.

Understand, in EQ...  equipment (except lockpicks) didn't break, or decay. That will not be so in Pantheon. There will be constant source of money pits... taxes, gear upkeep, rations, etc. Maintaining a large Guild can be expensive. Preperation & planning will cut costs. No master fletcher in guild? You might need to travel an hour to the Yew valley, to your little known player merchant..  to get 5000 arrows for your next guild outing. A trip you've made several times before... from an established fletcher who makes highest quality stuff at nearly half the cost as the cities.

Easily workable under Pantheon's system.

This post was edited by Hieromonk at February 2, 2016 3:13 AM PST
    • 116 posts
    February 2, 2016 10:06 AM PST

I hope to see some form of automated vending available, be it AH, bazaar, NPC vendor or some other variation. I do not miss EC one bit, and the empty interaction of "Will you take X pp for Y items? Yes, come to T1. Thanks." are not as community building as some seem to remember.

I'd rather spend my game time adventuring or crafting then spamming a trade chat chanel.

• 89 posts
    February 2, 2016 10:08 AM PST

I think it would be good to be able to post items (or descriptions of items) you were looking to sell or buy to some kind of in-game bulletin board but you still have to go and find each other to facilitate the sale.

This post was edited by ArchMageSalamar at February 2, 2016 10:09 AM PST
    • 1778 posts
    February 2, 2016 10:27 AM PST
    Im ok with no AH for the most part buy yea some kind of trade board would be very nice. I dont mind having to search the world over for an important item and interacting with yhe seller. But wouldnt want to do it with everyday items. For instance search at several different dealerships for a new car, no problem its an important purchase it should take time. But if I need some mouthwash I just quickly go to the drugstore on the corner, it doesnt turn into an epic quest. Also Im gonna get it at CVS because I dont care if I can save 30 cents at Walgreens... its just mouthwash. On the other hand If Im looking for a Nissan Frontier I might go 2 states over if I feel I can get significant savings on the purchase.

Basically no AH is fine but keep it practicle for getting everyday things like consumables.
    • 105 posts
    February 2, 2016 10:29 AM PST
    How about a trading craft. Design a system so this is a trade skill that players can take on and earn the consignment fee by selling other players goods.
    • 126 posts
    February 2, 2016 11:31 AM PST

I for one hope that there is a system in place where I can search for items and also see who has the best price. I remember how horrible the player 'shops' in FF XIV 1.0 were. Nothing fatigued me more than checking out 100 sellers in the trading places to find the item I wanted and then find the one with the best offer again. I am glad they ditched that overly cumbersome way to buy and sell with ARR.

I don't mind travelling to a player with the best price. But some means to first locate a thing I am interested in and compare the offers would be a plus for me. Like the Telon Exchange or the broker in EQ2.

This post was edited by Duffy at February 2, 2016 11:32 AM PST
    • 138 posts
    February 2, 2016 12:22 PM PST

Hieromonk said:

If this game has an acution house, I won't be playing.

Acution houses are counter to a living world, counter to travel & counter to a functioning society.

Automated trade is not bad, if done on a One on One basis. (Not under one roof).

ie: One spends his months playing..  deep in the dark woods seeking rare Yew, to (not cut down, but) splice the regrow their own... just to make a special type of Elven bows.. thats takes months to make. Yet yield the best properties, etc. And while also being a grandmaster fletcher & making some of the best arrows and other precision ranged items..  in which you have your warez up fopr sale at a merchant tent outside your local Village. In which you paid a NPC worker to harks your warez for you, for a cost. There is also a village tax to consider.

Ironically, at any point you can hark your own warez free of tax, ..or locality. (Oldschool).

With such mechanics in place, One can tweak it so only savvy and direct & active players will be able to maintain a shop head, in a small village..  so remote that you almost missed in passing.

Bigger Towns, or Cities can have higher costs and taxes associated with it. (this mechanic alone fits ideally to when housing is introdiced (2019?), that nobody wealthy enough will be able to own homes near cities yet.. might takes years. And then you probably won't see homes, but Manses & Guild Halls & Keeps..  will go up near cities. Tents are a different story. Most of the populace will scramble to own homes with the least amount of taxes and cost out in the rural and remote areas... where there is more danger. 

Ideally, One can take those^ suggested mechanics, & use them in many ways. Perhaps ties into that, the only way you can use an /auction channel (in cities), would be that you need a rented store head/merchent tent, etc.

Understand, in EQ...  equipment (except lockpicks) didn't break, or decay. That will not be so in Pantheon. There will be constant source of money pits... taxes, gear upkeep, rations, etc. Maintaining a large Guild can be expensive. Preperation & planning will cut costs. No master fletcher in guild? You might need to travel an hour to the Yew valley, to your little known player merchant..  to get 5000 arrows for your next guild outing. A trip you've made several times before... from an established fletcher who makes highest quality stuff at nearly half the cost as the cities.

Easily workable under Pantheon's system.

So if one mechanic of how the game will work does not align with your specific list of needs, you're just not going to play? Interesting. So you would forgo the only game being developed that meets the predominate list of your gaming needs, all because they implemented a single part of the game in a way you disagree with?

From my perspective I hope the developers don’t take these types of arguments into consideration. Either/Or type threats from the subscribership is the very thing that created games like World of Warcraft. Regardless of the fact that your opinion falls on the opposite side of the spectrum from WoW, it still has the same potentially damaging effect if the development team starts to bend to that mentality.

I for one, would like some type of persistent mechanism in the game world that allows for trade. It does not need to be a global approach to buying and selling, but I don’t want it to consume a predominate amount of my limited game time either. The bulletin board idea seems like a decent one, maybe mixed with vendor NPCs that you have to go to and physically trade with. I don’t mind having to travel and use in-game time to procure an item, but I don’t want to waste hours of my time sitting in a live market hoping someone spams a link containing an item I want. The inverse is true as well. I don’t want to feel like the only time I can sell an item is when I have time to just sit around spamming a link with items listed in it hoping the right buyer is online somewhere reading the chat. There has to be a better solution. Give me the EC tunnel, but place a persistent bulletin board on the cave wall, and depending on where the person listed the item, make me travel to pick the item up from their vendor.

Regardless of the solution VR comes up with, let it be known, I’m still going to play the game. Because while there may be a handful of mechanics that are contrary to what I would personally implement, this game, as a whole, is the only game coming out that appears to have the type of world in which I wish to play. After all, it’s between this (regardless of the number of my “really want” check boxes are checked upon release) and, well… nothing. I’m sick of having only nothing to choose from at this point.

• 378 posts
    February 2, 2016 1:53 PM PST

I like the personal shop / stall approach,  You find a spot in a town hit the button and it sets up a stall that people can come interact with and see your things for sale and purchase / haggle with you if they don’t like the price.

This is only active while you are online and actually running the stand so you either pack it up when done or just log off and the stall is gone.

People will gravitate to well-known trading areas after a while to set up their shop, or you could designate where shops / stalls can be set up.

Gets rid of the NPC run AH, but still makes the shop side less labour intensive for the seller / buyer but still player run.

• 37 posts
    February 2, 2016 2:13 PM PST

A world-wide auction house (or bazaar for that matter) makes everything a commodity. You just set your price to the lowest to unload it quick, or somewhere in the middle if you don't care if it sells or not. Prices are driven towards zero.

If you eliminate the auction house then you can introduce a bit of value-added service into the community.

Some of it depends on how big the world is, what things are crafted, how loots are itemized and tagged. So that all has an impact. I always like to bring up the example of Star Wars: Galaxies. They did have a city-wide vendor that would sell certain items for you for a commission. Not everything, but stuff people might need on their adventures. But the real traders also had stores, which they advertised with drones and even dedicated websites for those who were really into maximizing their markets. So there were a virtually unlimited number of items one could sell in a shop.

I am hoping for a huge world. Many thousands of players per server/shard/whatever. Many different crafts and items and interdependencies. 

This post was edited by Romulus at February 2, 2016 2:14 PM PST
    • 999 posts
    February 2, 2016 2:19 PM PST

+1 for no Auction Houses for me as well.  I'll share my thoughts that I had over on MMORPG on why I don't want to see an AH and a few other posters ideas that I could agree with as well as a compromise (similar to the boards discussed in this thread):

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raidan said: "I'd prefer an East Commonland Style Player run-auction style versus a dedicated auction house (even local auction houses).

We talk about emergent gameplay that results as (more)in adventuring, but the same can be said for having the player trading also.  When you sell on an auction house, it's literally /search Sword A.  Ahhh I found Sword A selling for 100 PP.  Let's sell Sword A for 95 PP.  Then Player B runs up who also has Sword A, sees its selling at 95 PP, lists it and undercuts it at 90 PP, Player C undercuts at 85 PP.   Rinse and repeat.  No time is invested, no player interaction is observed, and no community is formed.

I'd argue that it damages the player economy by having an AH.   There is a mass flood of items due to items being able to be sold 24/7 and on multiple characters.  Items are continuously being undercut and the supply ultimately becomes much greater than the demand.  The only positive of an AH is convenience.   It allows a player to list (not even sell) their items much easier than physically being present.

When players have to be physically present at the computer auctioning, not only does it take time to sell, which limits adventuring time obtaining additional items to sell, but only one character from that account could be selling items at the same.  Also, you're able to haggle prices, barter, etc.  You also see more players helping out newbies with more of the common items because they know they won't sell for much, or they don't want take the time to sell items for change.  A player also has to make the choice of whether they want to sell their items or adventure/craft.  And, the location of where you're selling often makes a difference.  Yes, East Commonlands was one of the major hubs, but if an item was dropped near East Commonlands, I could get a better price often if I sold it in Greater Faydark for example.

And, I'd be more in the Adamantine camp that I prefer to adventure over playing /trader.  However, that does not mean that I can't see the value in a player ran economy.  I don't have the patience to sell my items for full price, so I always usually selling them for much lower than the "going rate" and get back to adventuring. Often, I end up about breaking even anyway because I obtain more items to sell from adventuring than I would have sitting and waiting to sell an item at its market value. 

Also, I know that resellers often will by my wares versus a player who "needs" the item.  It creates almost another game in and of itself for players who want to make a profit to roleplay trader all day.  I would argue Adamantine, that you would fit more in my mold that you wouldn't be a "trader," but rather, you'd sell your wares low enough to be able to instantly receive tells and return to adventure to obtain more items."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A compromise I'd be ok with is what was suggested by Hrimnir on MMORPG along with Sh33pish's reply fleshing out the idea.  The ideas are as follows:

Hrimnir said: "Personally i would prefer some sort of virtual post it board, where you can leave a message saying "im selling X Y and Z items, name is blah, contact me.  And people who are looking for the items can then send said person a message and engage in haggling, etc.  Obviously if you are offline then that person would need to either wait until you are online, or buy it from someone else.

I think its a good middle ground between a full blown AH, and EC tunnel style of system."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sh33pish replied: "You, sir, are a genius.  As an advocate for EC tunnel style trading, I think this is a GREAT idea.  A message board listing "for sale" or "wanted" items, but the actual mechanic of trading or negotiating final price would be between the players. Basically craigslist for Pantheon.  

In practice:

You look at the for sale board in region_01 and find a listing:  "Selling Blade of Awesome Idea, asking 10g. PST to Hrimnir"

You tell Hrimnir, "Do you still have the Blade of Awesome Idea for sale?"
    Hrimnir tells you, "Yeah, interested?"
    You tell Hrimnir, "Yes, how much are you asking?"
    Hrimnir tells you, "10 gold.  I'm in zone_01, where are you?"
    You tell Hrimnir, "zone_02.  How about 8 gold?  Meet at the bank in zone_01?"
    Hrimnir tells you, "9 gold and I'll meet you there"
    You tell Hrimnir, "Deal. On my way."

The exchange above is the trading experience I want.  Advertising manually EC tunnel style is still an option for additional exposure, but a "for sale" listing can be placed on the advertising board in whatever region you're in.  Trade still happens face-to-face with room for final negotiation.  No broker or auction house to sterilize the transaction."

• 1714 posts
    February 2, 2016 3:50 PM PST

Auction houses suck, I completely agree. Anyone ever play RYL? You could set up your own kiosk with your character and go to bed/work. In EQ, the EC tunnel was a magical place and I hope Pantheon allows players to organically create that kind of experience again. Having an auction house would destroy that. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at February 2, 2016 3:50 PM PST
    • 2130 posts
    February 2, 2016 3:57 PM PST

I've changed my opinion on this topic recently and I think that the more organic trading will likely lead to the game being better overall. Requiring players to interact with eachother is integral to making this game as social as the FAQ insists that it is going to be.

One thing that I will say is if we could have some more advanced chat (or other) game features to facilitate this it would be nice. For instance, right clicking your chat window and being able to search the past 1000 lines of text for keywords. If I search for "pelt", I'd like to have a window pop up that displays all of the chat input that included the word "pelt", complete with timestamps and player names.

• 157 posts
    February 2, 2016 4:24 PM PST

I'm one to let the chips fall where they may ... not imposing too many rules on player interactivity.  The AH is an odd concept that bugs the heck out of me.  I love the concept, but I hate the implementation in most games.  At some point, eventually some guild/farmer/player consortium just takes over and monopolizes.  Usually it's the gold farmers, and once they establish a foothold, they set the prices and run the system.  I really liked the open-air system in EC ... trade by chat.  I also love the ability and convenience of buying and selling a bazillion items on the AH.  It's my opinion that some sort of limited, automated item exchange be allowed.  Perhaps a pure bidding system AH, where you put up an item, a minimum price is established, and anyone is free to bid on the item - highest bid takes the item ... perhaps something like a real auction where the auctioneer raises the price by set increments until the item is sold (this might eliminate a friend bidding to artificially set the item price). 

Maybe turn the AH into a consignment shop.  You could dump your stuff in the shop and use it as a "bank".  In return, you'd receive a small amount of currency.  After a certain time, the items would be put up for sale to the general public for a price set but the shop.  In this way, you could receive more than vendor cash, but the public wouldn't be gouged by corporate guilds/players.

Trade is vital, and over-regulation could stifle economic growth.  It's interesting how these games mirror the real world in so many ways.

• 511 posts
    February 2, 2016 6:53 PM PST

I actually like having an AH. It gives you the option to sell when you're off doing stuff in the game or while offline. For that convenience, the game takes its cut 10-15%. If you don't want the game to take a cut then you can sell stuff on your own (old EQ EC tunnels version). 

The other pro of having an AH is less /ooc /genera /zone /1 WTS 100 stacks of Humble Pie, 10 CP each PST. type messages...

• 578 posts
    February 2, 2016 9:43 PM PST

Dreconic said:

I actually like having an AH. It gives you the option to sell when you're off doing stuff in the game or while offline. For that convenience, the game takes its cut 10-15%. If you don't want the game to take a cut then you can sell stuff on your own (old EQ EC tunnels version). 

The other pro of having an AH is less /ooc /genera /zone /1 WTS 100 stacks of Humble Pie, 10 CP each PST. type messages...

I'm not opposed to automated selling of your wares. I just don't like a global auction house. I really like the idea of using player housing to place vendors on your property to sell your wares. An NPC can be situated on your grounds and you can set your parameters for your items for the NPC to sell. Then you can go off about your business and do whatever you like. This way you do not have to physically be present for every sale. There may be better ideas but this at least gives player housing more worth/value and appeal. It would help keep areas populated that would possibly otherwise eventually become ghost towns due to players out-leveling the area.

I admit, that this would cause customers to have to search out each houses/shops individually and would be very tedious. The bulletin board approach would definitely help this become more approachable.

I think back to VG and player housing and it scares me lol. Not only were those areas ghost towns but the player housing was very underwhelming and gave little resaon for players to actually visit their homes let alone utilize them for any worth and I fear that Pantheon could wind up in the same direction.

Say Pantheon handled player housing simiilar to VG where there are entire areas dedicated to player housing. What if these areas gained more benefits as more and more players 'moved in'? As more players buy plots of land and build homes the village grows. Soon, after a certain number of players moves in, a trader NPC is spawned so that players can unload their wares and sell them via this NPC. I'm not exactly sure how Archeage handled it but I know you could grow crops on your property in that game. HERE, you could have it as more players built homes, as the village grew, farms and crops could be planted throughout the village (not neccessarily on individual players' property) based upon how many players moved in. This would give player housing more value/worth as players received more reasons to stop back at their homes. This would keep these villages from turning into ghost towns like they did in VG.

Anyways getting back on topic, since there would be no global auction house players would have to visit these areas to buy items being sold by the players. Whether it is via these player 'villages' or just regular NPC towns, removing the global auction house and implementing these village trader NPCs you create a reason for players to continually visit lower level areas.

It's late and I believe I have started to ramble and I don't remember what the original point was to this post lol. There is some value here somewhere in these words I swear! :D

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at February 2, 2016 10:24 PM PST