There is a distinct lack

• 109 posts
    February 1, 2016 8:00 AM PST

OF ORCS!

please fix that, thanks.

Garmr

• 9115 posts
    February 1, 2016 11:14 AM PST

Lol, what are these "Orcs" you speak of? ;)

• 157 posts
    February 2, 2016 4:47 PM PST

From over in the Skar forum:

While we're on this topic... I'm still holding out for a certain niche to be filled that Vanguard had yet this does not.  A bestial midget race~.  This game needs moar beasts!

I'm with ya on this one.  Something like a kobold/gnoll/goblin/orc.  Why not have a "fringe" beastie race or two ... Some low-caste work-camp or slave races.  Heavily penalized in faction and would need lots of work to be free-roaming.  You'd know going in that this/these race(s) would require tons of non-leveling, non exp work to wander the open world.  I'd love the challenge.

I don't know how set the races are at this point, but I've still got some hope that there might be some more "bestial" looking races in the mix.  Because why does everyone need to look humanoid?

• 79 posts
    February 12, 2016 8:48 AM PST

Ogres and Skar are clearly bestial races. Depending on how the Archai turn out, they could be considered a bestial race as well. There's only 9 races total so I think that's probably enough. If they want the classes and races to really be unique and bring something to the table, they probably don't want to oversaturate the number of options like EQ eventually did.

• 157 posts
    February 13, 2016 6:43 AM PST

by bestial, I mean something less "human" in appearance.  The Skar, I'll concede, but the Ogres are still very human-esque.  I'd love to see two or three races that have a more animalistic feel.  Gnolls, kobolds, rat-men, dog-men, snake-men:  playing something that is far removed from a cosmetically altered human allows me to more easily forget that I am a human playing the game.  It's not necessarily role-play, but I think it allows for a different organic "racial attitude".  And I'm not talking about playing pandas, teddie bears, or fluffy cats.

• 170 posts
    February 13, 2016 10:11 AM PST

Dog people that look like Egyptian Pharohs, Minotaurs and Centaurs would all be great but I am hoping for like an Aviak. I played a lil game called Shadowbane and it was very fun because you had a certain stamina to fly and then you were done. And in Vanguard you could toss a rope to someone to help them get to weaer you had jumped up to. With all the talk of Size mattering and new races in would be cool to have one race that could get up high and toss a rope down for the group. Interesting short cuts through dungeons, places to camp the ranged DPS during a boss fight etc. I can think of a lot of ways to make that fun and ofcourse give them a penalty to some othe thing like under water or limit their classes for balance.

• 21 posts
    April 14, 2016 2:52 PM PDT

Orcs is too World of Warcraft, traditionally Orcs are a cannon fodder race.

Ratmen, Gnolls, Kobalds, etc would be good, I personally don't support the insert of World of Warcraft beast races as that would obviously cause some issues with Blizzard.

This post was edited by evogelion at April 14, 2016 2:54 PM PDT
    • 311 posts
    April 15, 2016 11:47 PM PDT

Should have at least a Minotaur!!!! I mean come on look at my forum name.. Got to have a race that is far superior to Ogres and can keep them in line.

• 89 posts
    April 16, 2016 8:51 AM PDT

I am and will continue to be sad that there isn't anything akin to the EQ1 Barbarian.  A Norse-themed race of hearty raiders is something that I feel will be sorely missed.

And no, dwarves don't fill the same niche.

• 109 posts
    April 18, 2016 9:04 AM PDT

evogelion said:

Orcs is too World of Warcraft, traditionally Orcs are a cannon fodder race.

Ratmen, Gnolls, Kobalds, etc would be good, I personally don't support the insert of World of Warcraft beast races as that would obviously cause some issues with Blizzard.

Clearly did not play Vanguard. I'd be cool with goblins to, they were fun to play and looked awesome.

Garmr~

• 769 posts
    April 18, 2016 11:43 AM PDT

I think minotaurs as a playable race would be wonderful. Always wondered why more MMO's didn't make them playable.

-Tralyan

• 109 posts
    October 31, 2017 6:19 AM PDT

Nearly two years on and I'm still waiting for the Orc reveal. Man, you guys are really making me sweat ths one out arent ya haha.

• 2130 posts
    October 31, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

My vote is for Ratongas.

• 334 posts
    • 107 posts
    November 8, 2017 11:49 AM PST

I just hope new races will stick to a theme. I hate hate hate warcraft orcs. Not nearly savage enough! They are a pathetic excuse for an orc and if orcs come in I'd rather them be warmogerers and more akin to LotR orcs.

I'm a fan of oversaturation of races. I'd like to play ratmen too. 

This post was edited by zendrel at November 8, 2017 11:51 AM PST
    • 60 posts
    November 9, 2017 1:49 PM PST

Orcs?  I want to play a unicorn.  This game could be the first to have a Unicorn Dire Lord, or a Unicorn rogue.  Unicorn rogues could backstab so easily.

Seriously, I agree that there needs to be at least one more evil race.  It seems unbalanced right now in favor of more good races:

- Gnome;
    - Human;
    - Dwarf;
    - Elves;
    - Halfpint; and
    - Archai (maybe)

Evil races:

- Dark Myr (though jury is still out, as their bio does not really describe anything evil other than that they are racist);
    - Ogres; and
    - Skar.

• 624 posts
    November 9, 2017 5:19 PM PST

Dark Myr are sorrowful, not evil.  Though they smell of briney kelp, which is evil enough.

• 17 posts
    November 11, 2017 2:38 PM PST

I always thought Centaur would be a nifty race to play, given the choice.
    They could be Warrior, Ranger, and Shaman or Druid, perhaps.

This post was edited by Jeron at November 11, 2017 2:39 PM PST
    • 25 posts
    February 7, 2018 3:59 PM PST

Well it is Terminus, who knows what other realms will show up in the future, :)  They can't all be sexy-humanoid type races, can they?

• 690 posts
    February 8, 2018 4:51 PM PST

Hadekin said:

Orcs?  I want to play a unicorn.  This game could be the first to have a Unicorn Dire Lord, or a Unicorn rogue.  Unicorn rogues could backstab so easily.

Seriously, I agree that there needs to be at least one more evil race.  It seems unbalanced right now in favor of more good races:

- Gnome;
    - Human;
    - Dwarf;
    - Elves;
    - Halfpint; and
    - Archai (maybe)

Evil races:

- Dark Myr (though jury is still out, as their bio does not really describe anything evil other than that they are racist);
    - Ogres; and
    - Skar.

I'd say that gnomes could count as neutral, and halfpints as neutral-good.

• 2886 posts
    February 9, 2018 2:24 AM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

Hadekin said:

- Gnome;
    - Human;
    - Dwarf;
    - Elves;
    - Halfpint; and
    - Archai (maybe)

Evil races:

- Ogres; and
    - Skar.

I'd say that gnomes could count as neutral, and halfpints as neutral-good.

Once upon a time, the racial starting areas actually used to be split into good, neutral, and evil as follows:

Good: Human, Elf, Dwarf

Neutral: Gnome, Halfling, Archai

Evil: Dark Myr, Ogre, Skar

And while faction in Pantheon is now very nonlinear and fluid, the basic labels could still be applied, showing that the divisions are in fact balanced with 3 races each.

• 36 posts
    September 20, 2018 1:06 PM PDT

Orc's amd Goblings were both in Saga Of Heroes so no reason why they couldn't appear here at some point in the next 10 years hehe.

• 2419 posts
    September 24, 2018 8:50 AM PDT

Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds...these are all such generic fantasy monsters I can't see why they all wouldn't be in Pantheon.

• 70 posts
    January 2, 2019 12:40 AM PST

Hadekin said:

- Gnome;
    - Human;
    - Dwarf;
    - Elves;
    - Halfpint; and
    - Archai (maybe)

Evil races:

- Ogres; and
    - Skar.

How about adding neutral races to this list at least Humans and Gnomes  are neutral. 

I'd love to see a small evil race like goblins. 

This post was edited by Qulash at January 2, 2019 1:48 AM PST
    • 11 posts
    January 3, 2019 4:38 AM PST

Orcs are already enemies in the game I believe so while it's possible I doubt we will see them as a new race soon, personally I hope they make something more interesting, we already got Ogres who look like big Orcs. The team at VR seem capable at inventing some interesting races so I hope that's the route they are gonna take.