Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Surnames small request

• 132 posts
    January 24, 2016 5:03 PM PST

I did a search and didn't find anything. Hopefully I didn't miss it somewhere. 

Anywho, I have a small request. Can we do like EQ1 and get Surnames at lev 20 instead of at the start? 

It was just something I looked forward to. it's such a small thing, but I liked having to wait for the last name. 

• 2419 posts
    January 24, 2016 6:00 PM PST

Oh..and I liked how the particle effects got more complex and 'filled in' as you leveled.  Your spells at lvl 1 were tiny little things compared to the majesty of spells cast at 50.

• 132 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:18 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Oh..and I liked how the particle effects got more complex and 'filled in' as you leveled.  Your spells at lvl 1 were tiny little things compared to the majesty of spells cast at 50.

this too :) that was very cool. 

• 781 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:04 PM PST

/agree :)

• 149 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:22 PM PST

I like this as well as Dark Age of Camelot (as I didn't play EQ1) had this feature as well. I did like this as it functioned as an early marriage system (or divorce as you could change the surname for a fee) in DAoC.

This post was edited by Aggelos at January 24, 2016 10:23 PM PST
    • 378 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:43 PM PST

I like the surname at a specific level and basic to biggier spell effects as you level ideas.

My one pet hate from VG was caster spell effects left a lot to be desired, were the melee animations from VG were fantastic.

• 106 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:59 PM PST
    This was spoken about but gotnlost in the switch over, so its good to bring it up again.

It also hovered around the unique first name debate.

I loved the way EQ did it. But i hated how recently you are able to change it every 7 days...

Would be cool if at another level you could also get aone type of title or prefix, it would make spotting a high level easy but wouldnt break immersion
    • 137 posts
    January 25, 2016 4:12 PM PST
    Has it been confirmed that surnames are in game? Also, what is the minimum length required for a name, I was hoping at least 3 letters :^)
    • 132 posts
    January 25, 2016 11:18 PM PST

can't say it's confirmed but both Vanguard and EQ1 had last names. Would seem logical they would include them here as well. Same guy made both of those other two games ;p 

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2016 4:59 AM PST

Pantheon will have surnames, we have mentioned that in passing comments for those who may have missed that information. However, we haven't decided on how we will deal with surnames for release yet.

• 106 posts
    January 26, 2016 5:00 AM PST
    Lol Kilsin, go to bed!
    • 9115 posts
    January 26, 2016 6:39 AM PST

Deadlyfury said: Lol Kilsin, go to bed!

Good advice my friend :)