Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Explain your Forum Avatar

• 79 posts
    February 16, 2016 7:18 AM PST

Mine was an alpaca because they are funny looking and I had used it on another forum for fantasy hockey but I figured I would change it to something more in line with the subject matter of this forum. So now it's the art for the Brine Shaman card in Magic: the Gathering. I was just looking threw old cards on Gatherer and reminiscing about when I used to play and I liked the artwork for this card. I actually really liked a lot of the old card art before everything went digital.

• 610 posts
    February 16, 2016 11:00 AM PST

Mine is Dr Franknfurter from the Movie Rocky Horror Picture show

I use it for two reasons

1) Despite what others say...He is the most powerful person in the universe :P

2) I have been told by many that I resemble Tim Curry in real life...even now when we both got old and fat lol

• 595 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:57 PM PST

I like to change my avatar relatively frequently, so at some point down the road my description may not line up with my avatar.  I frequently browse the net for fantasy artwork/desktop wallpaper and these works often become my avatar on one forum or another.  That said, I'm currently using the original EQ Shaman character symbol as my forum avatar.

I too play MTG and love much of the art so I have been known to use card art from time to time as well.  One of my current favorites (there are so many that I love) is the alternate art for "Akroma, Angel of Fury" by Terese Nielsen.

• 208 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:19 PM PST

Rachael said:

Bluefyre said:

Ziltoid. A character created by the excellent musician Devin Townsend for a concept album about a interdimensional alien that needs coffee to fuel his ship. Its better than it sounds. :p

Wow thanks for this, just listened to a bit of the "Ziltoid the Omniscient" album and it sounds awesome!

Make sure to get Z2, the sequel, as well. ;) Just as awesome.

• VR Staff
    • 50 posts
    February 22, 2016 7:26 PM PST

Mine is a sketch of a flame dragon that I had commisioned by an artist friend of mine.  I then digitalized it and created a few layers for adding textures and my avatar name.  I used a custom texture that I made from a photograph that I took of a PC case box. 

This post was edited by Zoeii at February 22, 2016 7:28 PM PST
    • 383 posts
    February 22, 2016 7:34 PM PST

lazy

• 668 posts
    February 23, 2016 11:22 AM PST

Okay mine started when I always named my character Pyreborn back in the day.  For short everyone called me "Pye".  I then got so used to it I changed my game characters to Pyye ever since.

My Pyye avatar represents me in three ways:  Pie to signify "Pyye", the fact that it can at times be sweet or sour (but mostly sweet), or extremely complex at times (hence the PI symbol), all in one mass. 

This post was edited by Pyye at February 23, 2016 11:23 AM PST
    • 23 posts
    February 24, 2016 8:03 PM PST

Really Zarriya? 

I think those are Bette Davis Eyes.

• 279 posts
    March 19, 2016 9:57 PM PDT

Hamyuts Meseta from my favorite anime that nobody else saw, The Book of Bantorra (Tataku Shisho). Hope it's not too racy!

• 163 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:22 AM PDT

Mine is a tiny pumpkin I carved last halloween :D

• 176 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:27 AM PDT

Aggelos said:

Its me! The graphic artist over on our website made one for each of the crew over at The Dungeon Crawler Network :)

That is really awesome!

• 271 posts
    March 20, 2016 10:37 AM PDT

@Yvyll i have someone named Toffee i think your dog would love to meet, lol

Mine, as @Jamie has already guessed, comes straight from D&D:

(nerd alert)  http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/intellectDevourer.htm

(boring normal people)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellect_devourer

I just loved the idea behind it, fascinated/s me. Though admittedly, these times? Put it in the middle of Times/Trafalgar/you name it Square and it would die of starvation, lol

This post was edited by Aenra at March 20, 2016 10:39 AM PDT
    • 35 posts
    March 20, 2016 11:34 AM PDT

I'm a total C++ nerd and spend a good amount of time working it in. Plus, you know, Pacman. 

• 271 posts
    March 20, 2016 11:48 AM PDT

Niiiice :)

• 74 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:10 PM PDT

Mines a crystal structure of a membrane protein that uses light energy.

I do x-ray biophysics!

This post was edited by Land at March 21, 2016 2:11 PM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:44 PM PDT

Niien said:

lazy

That made my day Niien :) Thanks lol.... I laughed so hard.

My avatar screams Pyde Pyper. Simple and to the point. Bard for life!

• 2138 posts
    March 21, 2016 5:51 PM PDT

I used to use my fish, then I changed to my old ED mage, then somehting funny for winter. Now, I am going to stick with gypsies.

• 130 posts
    March 23, 2016 6:51 PM PDT

A Metroid ... from Metroid.  If it wasn't already obvious enough.  (assuming it's still a metroid when you see this)

• 188 posts
    March 24, 2016 10:27 AM PDT

Mine is a section from a larger commission I had Woody Hearn from GUComics do for me from a scene from one of our events in Sol A from way back in the day.

• 180 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:12 PM PDT

Mine is my nationality, pure aussie girl :)

• 55 posts
    March 24, 2016 11:05 PM PDT

Typhon said:

Mine is because I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!

:P

Awesome. Mine is a screenie of my original Wood Elf Druid from EQ before they changed the models. No deep meaning or explanation needed..just a debonair Errol Flynn stache.

Side note..I had one of the most original characters in EQ because nobody picked Wood Elf for druid as it was terribly suited for a caster but I didn't know any better when I created it. I thought I was creating some sort of melee caster thing but uhhh..no. BUT I HAD HIGH STR!

• 13 posts
    March 25, 2016 2:07 AM PDT

My first online character, a troll shadowknight named Zuukan. Ran around Nek forest 4 days in my underwear with that crappy dagger before a friend showed me armor quests.

• 220 posts
    March 25, 2016 6:07 PM PDT

Isolated this from the pantheon mmo website! crusader baby!

This post was edited by Larr at March 25, 2016 7:45 PM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    March 25, 2016 6:24 PM PDT

Its a dullahan, which is the headless horseman from celtic legend. Found the image years ago, cropped it out, made it into an avatar. They are a common creature in a lot of fantasy games, but after playing one in particular (Saga Frontier), I used it as a name in a game and eventually, on forums. Been using it ever since.

This post was edited by Dullahan at March 25, 2016 6:24 PM PDT
    • 769 posts
    March 28, 2016 11:10 AM PDT

Mine is my warrior in Vanguard. Because ...Vanguard :(

-Tralyan