Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Explain your Forum Avatar

• 1095 posts
    January 19, 2016 6:13 PM PST

Well, mine is Q, from Star Trek, the most powerful being in the Universe. The image is from when Q acted to be God when Picard died.

I love Q, remindes me of GMs in EQ1, and being a Guide in EQ2 which I hope I can continute into Pantheon.

Yalls?

This post was edited by Aich at January 24, 2016 9:07 AM PST
    • 781 posts
    January 19, 2016 9:33 PM PST

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep.  I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Alexander the Great

This post was edited by Kelem at January 19, 2016 9:33 PM PST
    • 724 posts
    January 19, 2016 11:27 PM PST

My picture shows Ini-Herat, Attendant of the Pantheon of the Ancients (in VG). I like how he incorporates both dark and light energy, symbolizing the eternal struggle between evil and good.

• 2419 posts
    January 20, 2016 5:22 PM PST

Mine is because I'm known as always being angry about something.

• 51 posts
    January 22, 2016 1:08 AM PST

Mine is because I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!

:P

• 211 posts
    January 22, 2016 7:15 PM PST

I went with an old kunark goblin caster. These guys were badasses. If you were in a complacent group chain pulling giants at the fort in Frontier Mountains, and one of these bad boys snuck up on you, they had the potential to wipe the whole group or send them running to the zone line with their tail between their legs!

• 149 posts
    January 23, 2016 7:56 AM PST

Its me! The graphic artist over on our website made one for each of the crew over at The Dungeon Crawler Network :)

• 366 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:21 PM PST

Excellent thread Aich! I am enjoying reading about the avatars and the personalities behind them of the posters that have been here.

Mine could be a cat, or a panther, or a demon, or a dragon, or an alien, etc.  You (and I)  really do not know who or what the eyes belong to ;)  But they are watching and waiting ......

This post was edited by Zarriya at January 23, 2016 2:47 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 23, 2016 4:47 PM PST

The eye in its complicated and simplistic beauty, it sees, learns, gathers knowledge, witnesses and can express emotions or shield you from pain but it is always watching :)

True Meaning:

I used to have a slumped hooded figure leaning in a concrete chair as my "old wise and mysterious Rogue" watching from the shadows type of avatar but when I joined the VR team, handpicked from the community, it was my way of showing that I wouldn't forget where I came from and that I would always look after you folks and was always watching and listening, keeping an eye out, so to speak. :)

My real eye colour is brown but this is the only eye I found at the time and it looked nice! lol

Old Rogue Avatar:

• 1095 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:06 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Excellent thread Aich! I am enjoying reading about the avatars and the personalities behind them of the posters that have been here.

Thanks

• 49 posts
    January 27, 2016 8:00 AM PST

i had a picture of my ring from VG  http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Beau_Guillory/media/30108bf5-3399-4fe6-9f2b-3c70b341eee1_zps59a089a7.jpg.html?o=0 ; but it was to large. Still upsets me i never got to finish that ring LOL. So much time and effort put into it. So now i have a picture of my druid from VG. This screen shot is from VGEMU but i remade her the same. Update now changing it my cleric Theun from VG lol

This post was edited by Theun at January 27, 2016 8:07 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 27, 2016 6:14 PM PST

Theun said:

i had a picture of my ring from VG  http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Beau_Guillory/media/30108bf5-3399-4fe6-9f2b-3c70b341eee1_zps59a089a7.jpg.html?o=0 ; but it was to large. Still upsets me i never got to finish that ring LOL. So much time and effort put into it. So now i have a picture of my druid from VG. This screen shot is from VGEMU but i remade her the same. Update now changing it my cleric Theun from VG lol

Lol, I remember asking you to remove that ring image as it broke our forums in the sig box! I had a similar one on my Rogue (and alts), it was such an OP Vet gift lol :)

• 378 posts
    January 27, 2016 7:50 PM PST

I like Beer

• 105 posts
    January 28, 2016 5:41 PM PST

Mine is my gnome cleric, Whatzit Werftewya, from The Rathe server, EverQuest.  I actually found the pic still stored on a defunct guild site and nabbed it.

• 216 posts
    January 29, 2016 12:25 PM PST

Mine is a pug licking a window. I like its licky tongue and googly eyes it makes me happy.

Edit: for spelling - why does my spell check never work ;_;

This post was edited by Kellie at January 29, 2016 12:28 PM PST
    • 49 posts
    January 31, 2016 3:27 PM PST

Haha yes it was KIlsin. I never could figure out why more people didnt use it. It gave you so many more aug slots and hands down no other items could match it for stats once it was complete.

• 9115 posts
    January 31, 2016 3:35 PM PST

Theun said:

Haha yes it was KIlsin. I never could figure out why more people didnt use it. It gave you so many more aug slots and hands down no other items could match it for stats once it was complete.

It sure did man! Mousing over the ring on my characters looked like a shopping list! lol

• 157 posts
    January 31, 2016 4:52 PM PST

Nathan's hot dog from Coney Island.  I went on a self-guided food tour of NY many, many years ago.  The picture reminds me that if you want something bad enough, you'll go to any distance to get it.  And it makes everyone else thing "A hotdog?  WTF?"

• 563 posts
    January 31, 2016 10:37 PM PST

My avatar is just a picture of my cat Amber laying down on my bed xD I adopted her about 3 years ago now while I was working at a "Pet Valu" store.

She was rescued as a stray, malnourished, pregnant, and filthy matted fur that all had to be shaven off. When she arrived at my store for adoption she took an instant liking to me and I knew right away I was going to be her mommy. I began the adoption process almost immediatly! Now shes a very health, playfull, loving ball of fur!  :D

• 109 posts
    February 1, 2016 7:49 AM PST

Mines the Dread Lord avatar from the original site. Have been planning on playing a DL from day one, still am. Though I have shifted from Ogre to Skar, while holding out hopes of ORCS.

Garmr

• 238 posts
    February 3, 2016 12:55 AM PST

It is the emblem for the WhiteBeard Pirate flag from "One Piece" (Anime). Whitebeard was the captain of the Whitebeard Pirates and was known as "The Strongest Man in the World" and "The Man closest to One Piece" after Gol D. Roger's death. He was one of the Emperors that ruled over the New World until (spoiler) his death during the Battle of Marineford.

WhiteBeard

And now you know,

and knowing is half the battle,

G.I Joes!!!

This post was edited by Xonth at February 3, 2016 4:08 AM PST
    • 66 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:37 AM PST

Its me in EQ weilding 2 of my favorite weapons, Sting of Betrayal (kickass black rapier), and Sister Oppulent stabber( dual bladed poker). such unique looking weapons

• 96 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:01 AM PST

Just me, I'm boring.

• 208 posts
    February 16, 2016 6:19 AM PST

Ziltoid. A character created by the excellent musician Devin Townsend for a concept album about a interdimensional alien that needs coffee to fuel his ship. Its better than it sounds. :p

• 563 posts
    February 16, 2016 6:41 AM PST

Bluefyre said:

Ziltoid. A character created by the excellent musician Devin Townsend for a concept album about a interdimensional alien that needs coffee to fuel his ship. Its better than it sounds. :p

Wow thanks for this, just listened to a bit of the "Ziltoid the Omniscient" album and it sounds awesome!