Forums » Support

Broken Links

• 746 posts
    January 6, 2016 1:04 PM PST

Hey team/Kilsin,

I just wanted to bring something to your attention that you may or may not be aware of.  The "Recent Forum Topics" tab doesn't seem to be working for me.  I thought maybe it was something on my end, but I have now had the issue on two different computers on two different networks so I don't think it's me.  I use this "Recent Forum Topics" tab quite frequently to keep updated on the forums and it's very handy for quickly seeing the latest activity.  On the same note, the "More +" tab also doesn't seem to be working, though I don't use that nearly as much.  I have included a ss for reference.

Not a huge deal, clearly, but I wanted to bring it up in case you weren't aware.  I also know that things are always in the works so I don't want bring up something that's under construction.  Anyway, there it is!  Thanks!

PS. On a related issue, it appears that there is an error occurring when attempting to upload images to threads, so the ss mentioned above can't be included.  If you're unsure about where the tabs I'm referring to are I can give more details.  Below is the image upload error message/code:

We're sorry!

We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using thecontact form.

Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.

Error Code: 58652e

• 8625 posts
    January 6, 2016 2:47 PM PST

Thanks Nika, we are looking into it now :)

• 746 posts
    January 7, 2016 8:48 AM PST

/bow.  Glad I could help.

• 746 posts
    January 10, 2016 1:52 PM PST

@Kilsin, I've noticed the tabs in questions have been removed.  I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but are those being worked on to fix the issue I described?  Or have they been dropped completely?  I only ask because, as I mentioned in my OP, those tabs are actually quite handy for keeping track of forum activity.  And as your hard work as the community manager (and the whole team for that matter) continues to spread the work about Pantheon, the need for a feature like this will continue to grow.

Any insight you can offer?  As ever, I appreciate it Kils!

• 8625 posts
    January 10, 2016 3:52 PM PST

Yeah, sorry Nika, we had a look at it and found the broken tab function on that page and had to remove it, the recent topics, etc, are working again now, though. The image upload function used to work too but seems to have broken. Our web host probably did something, but we no longer have SocialEngine support to troubleshoot the errors it's throwing, so unfortunately, we are at a stage in between forum solutions, so we will have to struggle a little bit longer with this one until we can move to the new forums and put all of this behind us for good! :)

• 746 posts
    January 10, 2016 5:53 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Yeah, sorry Nika, we had a look at it and found the broken tab function on that page and had to remove it, the recent topics, etc, are working again now, though. The image upload function used to work too but seems to have broken. Our web host probably did something, but we no longer have SocialEngine support to troubleshoot the errors it's throwing, so unfortunately, we are at a stage in between forum solutions, so we will have to struggle a little bit longer with this one until we can move to the new forums and put all of this behind us for good! :)

Thanks for the update and there's no need to apologize bud. Glad I could help tear some stuff apart ;D

I'm very much looking forward to the new forums, especially with the increased activity these days. I keep a pretty close eye on the "Newest Members" section and it's rare if a day goes by without us receiving an arrival, and most days its several. Anyway, I digress! Thanks again Kils.

• 8625 posts
    January 11, 2016 12:58 AM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Thanks for the update and there's no need to apologize bud. Glad I could help tear some stuff apart ;D

I'm very much looking forward to the new forums, especially with the increased activity these days. I keep a pretty close eye on the "Newest Members" section and it's rare if a day goes by without us receiving an arrival, and most days its several. Anyway, I digress! Thanks again Kils.

You're welcome man, anytime :)