Pre-Alpha/Alpha

• 1860 posts
    January 2, 2020 6:59 PM PST

Fizen said:

What stage of Pre-Alpha are we on now?

4.  PA5 has not opened yet.

• 801 posts
    January 5, 2020 5:28 PM PST

Not sure why all the threads on releasing the game before its even hit Alpha stages.

I really think folks need to understand this is a MMO and they can take a long time to develop. This is not a steam early access game that never gets finished.

VR take as long as you need here, ill be moving to alpha when its ready.

• 109 posts
    January 5, 2020 8:57 PM PST

At some point these guys need to stop worrying about what their loyal fans are going to think of Alpha and just get on with it.  There's no point even having an alpha if it's really more like beta anyhow.  Give everyone a chance to supply their input to hopefully give this game the best chance possible...that's where I'm at with it.  I'm aware that this isn't a popular opinion around here but it needed to be said.

This post was edited by Frostyglitch at January 5, 2020 9:14 PM PST
    • 2756 posts
    January 6, 2020 3:01 AM PST

Frostyglitch said:

At some point these guys need to stop worrying about what their loyal fans are going to think of Alpha and just get on with it.  There's no point even having an alpha if it's really more like beta anyhow.  Give everyone a chance to supply their input to hopefully give this game the best chance possible...that's where I'm at with it.  I'm aware that this isn't a popular opinion around here but it needed to be said.

I really don't think they are "worrying about what their loyal fans are going to think". For one thing, they know their loyal fans have good judgement and are patient and for another they are not rushing because they want to do it right.

Alpha testing isn't just early access. It has a point and goals and milestones etc just like any other stage of the plan. You don't just decide at some point "let's do some testing", you do testing when you have something at the perfect and most productive point to test it and the test will have been designed to achieve maximum effect.

The game is currently playable in an enjoyable way and we'd love to have access to log in and 'test', sure.

Devs recently said that there wouldn't be any 'free-form' alpha testing any time soon, though, because they want testing to be very focused at the moment. It's good to be so results-oriented and controlled in testing and, to be honest, they probably can't afford the massive time it would take to collate the huge amount of feedback free testing would produce it this point.

• 1247 posts
    January 6, 2020 10:19 AM PST

It will come soon enough. The wait is worth it. 

This post was edited by Syrif at January 6, 2020 10:34 AM PST