Forums » Developer's Journal

Any updates? You're definitely working on a lot.

    • 715 posts
    January 2, 2016 2:27 PM PST

    Speculation can take discussion only so far, then they run out of steam until we get a new trinket of information from you, the developers.  Clearly things are being developed:  How are the art assets coming along?  Updates to animations?  Character models updates?  What about mob AI?  Spell system?  Faction system?  What about combat development? 

    Naturally anything you post now will change over time, but at least seeing some updates will keep the interest of your supporters and would give us some ammunition for our efforts convincing our friends to support and eventually play Pantheon.

    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    January 3, 2016 12:48 AM PST

    Not yet mate, we have some things in the works but we have just come to the end of another very important internal milestone in development and we will release more information when the time is right, good things are going to happen in 2016, though, so stay tuned ;)

    • 609 posts
    January 4, 2016 10:48 AM PST

    Looking forward to it.  Kilsin keeps a pretty close eye on the bean cupboard these days... ;)

    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:23 PM PST

    Nikademis said:

    Looking forward to it.  Kilsin keeps a pretty close eye on the bean cupboard these days... ;)

    Haha! I should add to my title "Protector of the Beans"! :D


    This post was edited by Kilsin at January 6, 2016 6:54 PM PST
    • 605 posts
    January 6, 2016 6:04 PM PST

    Kilsin said:

    Nikademis said:

    Looking forward to it.  Kilsin keeps a pretty close eye on the bean cupboard these days... ;)

    Haha! I should add to my title to "Protector of the Beans"! :D

     

    Confirmed, Titles are in the game!

    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    January 6, 2016 6:56 PM PST

    Aich said:

    Kilsin said:

    Nikademis said:

    Looking forward to it.  Kilsin keeps a pretty close eye on the bean cupboard these days... ;)

    Haha! I should add to my title to "Protector of the Beans"! :D

     

    Confirmed, Titles are in the game!

     



    Official VR title punk! ;)

    Kilsin - Community and Web Manager plus the all important Protector of Beans! It's rather long but it has a nice ring to it wouldn't you say? lol :D

    • 7 posts
    May 2, 2016 12:30 PM PDT
    Master Backstabber Kilsin - Community and Web Manager, Protector of Beans
    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    May 2, 2016 5:20 PM PDT

    Blazren said: Master Backstabber Kilsin - Community and Web Manager, Protector of Beans

    I like it! Now we just need to fit Crusher of Dreams in there some where! lol ;)

    • 605 posts
    May 3, 2016 3:07 PM PDT

    Kilsin said:

    Blazren said: Master Backstabber Kilsin - Community and Web Manager, Protector of Beans

    I like it! Now we just need to fit Crusher of Dreams in there some where! lol ;)

    Master Backstabber, Crusher of Dreams, Slayer of Threads, Protector of Beans, Community and Web Manager 

     

    I added one :)


    This post was edited by Zeem at May 3, 2016 3:08 PM PDT
    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    May 3, 2016 7:08 PM PDT

    Aich said:

    Kilsin said:

    Blazren said: Master Backstabber Kilsin - Community and Web Manager, Protector of Beans

    I like it! Now we just need to fit Crusher of Dreams in there some where! lol ;)

    Master Backstabber, Crusher of Dreams, Slayer of Threads, Protector of Beans, Community and Web Manager 

     

    I added one :)

    Haha, nice! :)

    • 41 posts
    May 7, 2016 3:53 AM PDT

    Kilsin said:

    Not yet mate, we have some things in the works but we have just come to the end of another very important internal milestone in development and we will release more information when the time is right, good things are going to happen in 2016, though, so stay tuned ;)

     

    Yay! Incoming pre-alpha I hope! Glad you guys are still moving forward. Things are looking good especially with the new team members.

     

    • 43 posts
    May 13, 2016 11:41 AM PDT
    @faux don't get too excited--/ they're in internal testing but looks like pre-alpha/alpha stages are still ~6 months off at least. Making the sausage takes the time
    • 47 posts
    August 12, 2016 10:47 AM PDT

    The itch for alpha is intense.

     

    Id like to suggest the devs post a 'roadmap to alpha' with a list of what they are working on or wish to implement before alpha goes live.

     

    Checking these items off the list as the weeks and months proceed will give the community a good idea of the progress towards alpha.  Also the transparency and build up presennted in this manner might sell more pledges.

    • 61 posts
    August 12, 2016 2:38 PM PDT

    With me it's more of an itch for more info, I know there is no point in releasing detail until it is set in stone but it would be nice if there was a bit more in the monthly updates, some detail around a race, class, feature or in game mechanic etc... Just something we can get our teeth into!

    • 3 posts
    August 10, 2017 9:32 PM PDT

    So with a year coming up on the previous post....any time frame for pledges on alpha access?

    • 2383 posts
    August 11, 2017 2:20 AM PDT

    Buddha said:

    So with a year coming up on the previous post....any time frame for pledges on alpha access?

    Nope. MMOs take a long time. Need to get through Pre-Alpha first, though that should be relatively soon as it is currently their top priority.

    • 56 posts
    September 13, 2017 4:47 PM PDT

    So is there some new timeline for backer alpha? I know nothing is set in stone but last year there was talk of backer alpha being first quarter of 2017. I have no issues waiting until it's ready but would still be nice to know what the general "expected' timeline is even if it's getting pushed out.  I mean we are in the 4th quarter now so it's quite a bit past first quarter.

    • Moderator
    • 7189 posts
    September 13, 2017 6:02 PM PDT

    EQBallzz said:

    So is there some new timeline for backer alpha? I know nothing is set in stone but last year there was talk of backer alpha being first quarter of 2017. I have no issues waiting until it's ready but would still be nice to know what the general "expected' timeline is even if it's getting pushed out.  I mean we are in the 4th quarter now so it's quite a bit past first quarter.

    We don;t have any ETAs but are working towards pre-alpha in the not too distant future. We will let you all know when it is ready after that Alpha will follow but again, we don;t have any time frames or ETAs just yet, they will come.

    • 94 posts
    September 13, 2017 9:09 PM PDT

    Kilsin said:

    EQBallzz said:

    So is there some new timeline for backer alpha? I know nothing is set in stone but last year there was talk of backer alpha being first quarter of 2017. I have no issues waiting until it's ready but would still be nice to know what the general "expected' timeline is even if it's getting pushed out.  I mean we are in the 4th quarter now so it's quite a bit past first quarter.

    We don;t have any ETAs but are working towards pre-alpha in the not too distant future. We will let you all know when it is ready after that Alpha will follow but again, we don;t have any time frames or ETAs just yet, they will come.

    Dear God please give us something about Pre-Alpha by the end of the year, just 3 months is all I'm asking xP

    • 56 posts
    September 30, 2017 10:46 PM PDT

    Sounds like in the most recent steam it was revealed pre-alpha should be starting very soon? That is great news! Not to mention that latest stream looked amazing. Keep up the great work!

    Can anyone remind me how the backer alpha access works? I got the Knight's pledge long ago which was supposed to be alpha access but not sure if that means pre-alpha. Also, does it say anywhere on the forum what your pledge level is? I was looking at my profile and it only says "supporter" and I can not find anywhere that says Knight's pledge (and that pledge level was removed at some point).

    • 148 posts
    October 1, 2017 1:49 AM PDT

    @EQBallzz

    I belive I read a question like yours some place on this forum and the answer was to submit a support ticket (I belive that's the right term) and they would look it up and tell you exactly what your pledge is.
    I hope this helps :)


    -sorte.

    • 2383 posts
    October 1, 2017 10:07 AM PDT

    EQBallzz said:

    Sounds like in the most recent steam it was revealed pre-alpha should be starting very soon? That is great news! Not to mention that latest stream looked amazing. Keep up the great work!

    Can anyone remind me how the backer alpha access works? I got the Knight's pledge long ago which was supposed to be alpha access but not sure if that means pre-alpha. Also, does it say anywhere on the forum what your pledge level is? I was looking at my profile and it only says "supporter" and I can not find anywhere that says Knight's pledge (and that pledge level was removed at some point).

    No, as the name would suggest, Pre-Alpha comes before Alpha and they are not the same thing lol. The stages are as follows: Internal Development -> Pre-Alpha -> Alpha -> Closed Beta (for beta-level backers) -> Open Beta (for anyone) -> Launch. So you will get access in the stage after Pre-Alpha.

    It should show Knight's Pledge for you at the top of this page: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/payment/settings


    This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 1, 2017 10:08 AM PDT
    • 56 posts
    October 1, 2017 5:40 PM PDT

    Bazgrim said:

    EQBallzz said:

    Sounds like in the most recent steam it was revealed pre-alpha should be starting very soon? That is great news! Not to mention that latest stream looked amazing. Keep up the great work!

    Can anyone remind me how the backer alpha access works? I got the Knight's pledge long ago which was supposed to be alpha access but not sure if that means pre-alpha. Also, does it say anywhere on the forum what your pledge level is? I was looking at my profile and it only says "supporter" and I can not find anywhere that says Knight's pledge (and that pledge level was removed at some point).

    No, as the name would suggest, Pre-Alpha comes before Alpha and they are not the same thing lol. The stages are as follows: Internal Development -> Pre-Alpha -> Alpha -> Closed Beta (for beta-level backers) -> Open Beta (for anyone) -> Launch. So you will get access in the stage after Pre-Alpha.

    It should show Knight's Pledge for you at the top of this page: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/payment/settings

    What is the purpose of the snark? I don't remember what access came with the Knight's Pledge and it's description is gone from the site now. The name doesn't suggest anything because I have no name to reference. I just remember it was some level of alpha access. There are still pledge levels available that include pre-alpha so it's not so ludicrous to ask if the old Knight's Pledge included pre-alpha or just alpha. Thanks anyway for the info but that still didn't answer my question unless you know what level of access the Knight's Pledge offered. "lol"

    • 56 posts
    October 1, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

    NM. Found the info. Posting a link to it here in case anyone else was wanting the info:

    Knight's Pledge

    • 273 posts
    October 1, 2017 8:43 PM PDT

    What is an item renaming voucher anyway?