Forums » News and Announcements

Refund Policy, Pledge and Subscription Update!

• 9115 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:58 AM PST

Bonadew said:

Now that you get to keep the lifetime subscription when upgrading it seems to me that what we will loose is the possibility design/name an item/npc/poi/quest since I can't find those on the new pledges.

Is it correct that we will loose those options if we upgrade to a higher tier?

The old pledges: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/public/admin/zpledgechart.jpg

Yes, that is correct and to be blunt, they were not a smart decision by us when the pledges were being designed.

You can imagine the issues we would have had if we continued selling those and let hundreds if not thousands of people design items, quests, raids, name mobs etc. it would pretty much ruin the game immersion, itemisation and feel overall, so we had to make changes and limit the older pledge rewards to just those pledges, if people upgrade, they keep the lifetime sub but lose pretty much everything else unless the new pledge has it included also, so please choose very carefully.

We love you guys and are very grateful for all of the support, but we also need to be very careful and protect the game from being over populated, item overloaded or quest bloated etc. which I am sure you will all understand. :)

• 3016 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:59 AM PST

Thanks for your quick reply Kilsin,  I think I am good with that information.  Received your message. It's all good. :)

• 18 posts
    December 28, 2015 1:28 AM PST

Thanks Kilsin. That answer my question perfectly. I understand that you don't want those perks on the new pledges, but I was not sure if they would be special cases like the lifetime subscription that you get to keep when upgrading even though the new pedge doesn't have it.

We had major problems with mudflation back in the days when every new wizard wanted to create the "best" weapon of all times. I was thinking more of designing a prop that has no use at all.

There were 3 design things that I really hated with VG:

1. No children what so ever even though they were mentioned in quests and dialogs.

2. No elderly models. Remember Old Woman Sparrowsong who looked like she were in her mid 20:th?

3. Lots of kitchens but not a single outhouse, WC, or chamber pot.

So I was thinking of designing a nightstand with a chamber pot inside. :-)

• 9115 posts
    December 28, 2015 2:58 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Thanks for your quick reply Kilsin,  I think I am good with that information.  Received your message. It's all good. :)

You're welcome Cana :)

• 9115 posts
    December 28, 2015 3:01 AM PST

Bonadew said:

Thanks Kilsin. That answer my question perfectly. I understand that you don't want those perks on the new pledges, but I was not sure if they would be special cases like the lifetime subscription that you get to keep when upgrading even though the new pedge doesn't have it.

We had major problems with mudflation back in the days when every new wizard wanted to create the "best" weapon of all times. I was thinking more of designing a prop that has no use at all.

There were 3 design things that I really hated with VG:

1. No children what so ever even though they were mentioned in quests and dialogs.

2. No elderly models. Remember Old Woman Sparrowsong who looked like she were in her mid 20:th?

3. Lots of kitchens but not a single outhouse, WC, or chamber pot.

So I was thinking of designing a nightstand with a chamber pot inside. :-)

You're welcome and I agree with all of your VG examples (except there was a few children, 3 children I remember were at Three Rivers village, on the corner listening to a village member play music or tell a story, it was a quest, possibly diplo?), I think little things like that make a very big difference to overall immersion and atmosphere. I do remember, there were a lot of flaws with our beloved VG, but I think we just accepted them or blocked them out to enjoy a lot of the other things that they did get right lol ;)

I would definitely support your nightstand with chamber pot idea! :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 28, 2015 3:03 AM PST
    • 148 posts
    December 28, 2015 8:58 AM PST

Still no way to see how much you've pledged yet though, that needs to be added so people who forget know where to upgrade from

• 9115 posts
    December 28, 2015 9:53 PM PST

jimm0thy said:

Still no way to see how much you've pledged yet though, that needs to be added so people who forget know where to upgrade from

I have addressed this many times now Jimm0thy, we have to wait until we get the new vBulletin forums setup so we can display that information again, as the module that was created for this site broke with the forum changes (plus it was already buggy and needed to be redone properly since it didn;t auto calculate changes and needed staff to manually change information) and cannot be manually recreated.

So within the next month or two, we will hopefully be moving to our new forums and be able to display that information again. If you any reason you wish to know account related information, please submit a support ticket we will be happy to help.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 28, 2015 9:54 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    December 29, 2015 4:02 AM PST

Back when the first mention of no more lifetime subs surfaced, I used the ticket system to confirm my long ago pledge, and lifetime sub. The pantheon folk are very responsive, and understand hat this stuff means to the early backers.

i also appreciate them trying to keep those early promises, and working to provide an upgrade path that protects the lifetime subs.

• 149 posts
    December 29, 2015 4:05 AM PST

Thank you guys for the updates and the ease of upgrading from a subscription to a full out Pledge :) Can't wait to see what you guys bring in 2016!

• 9115 posts
    December 29, 2015 4:31 AM PST

Bones13 said:

Back when the first mention of no more lifetime subs surfaced, I used the ticket system to confirm my long ago pledge, and lifetime sub. The pantheon folk are very responsive, and understand hat this stuff means to the early backers.

i also appreciate them trying to keep those early promises, and working to provide an upgrade path that protects the lifetime subs.

Aggelos said:

Thank you guys for the updates and the ease of upgrading from a subscription to a full out Pledge :) Can't wait to see what you guys bring in 2016!

Thank you both for the kind words, it is much appreciated, we certainly do care about our community and want what is best for the game and you all :)

• 83 posts
    December 29, 2015 7:27 AM PST

Kilsin for some reason i can't click the recent forum threads tab next to news anymore.

• 318 posts
    December 29, 2015 10:49 AM PST

I know you guys had taken a pretty firm stance against any pledge rewards upgrading in the past. Thank you for reviewing the subscription models and pledge packages based on the feedback. I think you guys made a good compromise allowing the lifetime subs to upgrade from previous packages, but not any of the other pledge bonuses. Encouraging to see you guys make a change which I think will benefit everyone.

• 9115 posts
    December 29, 2015 2:57 PM PST

Zlambit said:

Kilsin for some reason i can't click the recent forum threads tab next to news anymore.

I am not sure why that would be Zlambit, if you have issues with the forums, please submit a support ticket so we can help you further.

• 9115 posts
    December 29, 2015 2:58 PM PST

Wellspring said:

I know you guys had taken a pretty firm stance against any pledge rewards upgrading in the past. Thank you for reviewing the subscription models and pledge packages based on the feedback. I think you guys made a good compromise allowing the lifetime subs to upgrade from previous packages, but not any of the other pledge bonuses. Encouraging to see you guys make a change which I think will benefit everyone.

You're welcome Wellspring, we only want what is best for our game and our community :)

• 84 posts
    December 30, 2015 9:12 AM PST

I can't seem to find the link to the current pledge tiers. Can someone help me with a link?

EDIT: NM, it is under the "join" button. Not very initiative imo.

This post was edited by Nydan at December 30, 2015 9:14 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2016 10:15 AM PST

Kilsin said:

The Journeyman's Pledge is a bit of a gem that most people want to hold onto, so we figured not many would want to give it up its contents for another pledge even while retaining the lifetime sub. ;)

^ This :) Holding onto my Journeyman's with an iron grip.  

I can't belive its been that long, lot has gone on since thing and hopefully I can be more active now in the community.  

Hail!

• 61 posts
    February 13, 2016 6:23 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Dear Pantheon Community,

/snip

The forum subscription packages have been overhauled and brought back in line with our original vision of having them only apply to the forums and not building up over time towards pledges. This was only changed as a last resort to allow upgrading between pledges when we had no other way for you to upgrade pledges easily, it was always going to be a short term solution until we could make this process easier, and we now have a new process to allow that upgrade. This means that forum subscriptions now only apply to forum access and benefits described on our website, and they will no longer accumulate or add to pledge levels.

Forum Subscriptions:

-We are giving a 1-month extension from the date of this announcement for community members who already have active subscriptions and who wish to contribute more manually to reach a pledge level that they were building towards.

-After this one month period is up for all existing subscribers on the 22nd of January, 2016, forum subscriptions will no longer accumulate in account pools, they will no longer add up over time or count towards pledges. Subscriptions revert to their original form and now only count towards monthly subscription benefits and access to the forums.

-Payment plans remain the same for all pledges that have them, and they are not affected by this update at all.

For those of you that have subscribed for a long period, you may have qualified for a reward and an email with further instructions will be sent to those people shortly. If you do not receive an email, do not worry, there will be more chances to get rewards as development continues.

For all new subscription purchases, they will only include the forum rewards stated on our website from the date of this announcement onwards.

/snip

Subsciprtion used to add overtime and they dont anymore, am i reading this correctly? If so, too bad, I mean not that it would make much difference. If the game come out in 2017, at best it is a few hundreds being added. Still a neat concept too bad!

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2016 8:13 PM PST

Senadin said:

Kilsin said:

Dear Pantheon Community,

/snip

The forum subscription packages have been overhauled and brought back in line with our original vision of having them only apply to the forums and not building up over time towards pledges. This was only changed as a last resort to allow upgrading between pledges when we had no other way for you to upgrade pledges easily, it was always going to be a short term solution until we could make this process easier, and we now have a new process to allow that upgrade. This means that forum subscriptions now only apply to forum access and benefits described on our website, and they will no longer accumulate or add to pledge levels.

Forum Subscriptions:

-We are giving a 1-month extension from the date of this announcement for community members who already have active subscriptions and who wish to contribute more manually to reach a pledge level that they were building towards.

-After this one month period is up for all existing subscribers on the 22nd of January, 2016, forum subscriptions will no longer accumulate in account pools, they will no longer add up over time or count towards pledges. Subscriptions revert to their original form and now only count towards monthly subscription benefits and access to the forums.

-Payment plans remain the same for all pledges that have them, and they are not affected by this update at all.

For those of you that have subscribed for a long period, you may have qualified for a reward and an email with further instructions will be sent to those people shortly. If you do not receive an email, do not worry, there will be more chances to get rewards as development continues.

For all new subscription purchases, they will only include the forum rewards stated on our website from the date of this announcement onwards.

/snip

Subsciprtion used to add overtime and they dont anymore, am i reading this correctly? If so, too bad, I mean not that it would make much difference. If the game come out in 2017, at best it is a few hundreds being added. Still a neat concept too bad!

Yes but only as last-ditch effort to help people build up to a pledge that couldn't purchase one outright, it was never meant to add anything other than associated forum perks as the subscription is for the forums only.

Think of it kind of like paying for a game subscription and having that $14.95 also adding up towards your phone bill, it makes no sense as they are completely different packages for completely different areas of our game (forums vs game) but allowed our supporters to get on board and we appreciated the passion and willingness to help, so we made it count toward pledges while we had nothing else in place, but now that we have a better system in place that allows upgrades plus payment plans for most of our pledges, it is no longer required and it reverts back to being - subs for the forums and pledges for the game.

• 61 posts
    February 13, 2016 8:19 PM PST

Oh i am totally fine with it and the way things are now, i did think it was a nice idea tho. unusual but def nice! ill likely pledge a lump sum in the future. it's almost bonus season at work!

• 9 posts
    March 1, 2016 5:07 AM PST

I'm a little lost about upgrades. I just saw all the changes. So I had a recurring subscription to access the forum. Is the amount cumulated before the end of January lost, or will it count as some kind of "discount" toward an upgrade ?

• 9115 posts
    March 1, 2016 4:27 PM PST

Belmont1 said:

I'm a little lost about upgrades. I just saw all the changes. So I had a recurring subscription to access the forum. Is the amount cumulated before the end of January lost, or will it count as some kind of "discount" toward an upgrade ?

It stopped accumulating on 22 Jan 2016 but anything prior can be used towards a pledge if you would like to pay the difference in a one-off payment, the best way to handle this would be to lodge a support ticket to explain your situation and find out how much has accumulated until that point so then you can see how much is needed to add to gain the pledge that you would like.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support/

I hope that helps Belmont1 :)

• 9 posts
    March 2, 2016 2:29 AM PST

Ah thanks :D I'll look into it !

• 781 posts
    August 20, 2016 3:05 AM PDT

Great job guys on the new pledge Tier   :)  Rock on !  Quick question, it was stated  "  We are nearing capacity for alpha and access to it at this level "   is that people already testing the game ? or is that an estimate of how many people you guys are going to allow at one time or over a period of time ?   Only had one cup of coffee, so bear with me..lol

This post was edited by Kelem at August 20, 2016 3:15 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 20, 2016 3:20 AM PDT

Kelem said:

Great job guys on the new pledge Tier   :)  Rock on !  Quick question, it was stated  "  We are nearing capacity for alpha and access to it at this level "   is that people already testing the game ? or is that an estimate of how many people you guys are going to allow at one time or over a period of time ?   Only had one cup of coffee, so bear with me..lol

As we have stated many times Kelem, no public member is playing or testing Pantheon, it is strictly internal only with Dev and Investor demos, the first public batch of community members to ever step foot in Terminus will be Pre-Alpha testers from the VIP and Champion tiers ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 20, 2016 3:22 AM PDT
    • 781 posts
    August 20, 2016 4:55 AM PDT

Got it ! :)  Sorry to keep you re-stating things Kilsin, i mean no harm :) , thx bro