Forums » News and Announcements

Massively Article on Pantheon!

• 9115 posts
    November 24, 2015 4:02 PM PST

Chris Rowan, Brad McQuaid and Chris Perkins spoke with Bree Royce from MassivelyOP to talk about Funding, Unity and the Launch Window, you can find it at this link: http://bit.ly/1QG8tEi

We release some new screenshots with it too!

thronefast-steps

landscape_sample

thronefast-steps_alt-angle

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 24, 2015 4:17 PM PST
    • 86 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:48 PM PST

Read it, some good stuff too! Can't wait for more news.

• 668 posts
    November 24, 2015 11:17 PM PST

Thanks Kilsin, love current updates!

• 9115 posts
    November 25, 2015 3:50 AM PST

Glad you like it guys :)

• 46 posts
    November 25, 2015 9:48 AM PST

Great update, thanks!

• 2138 posts
    November 26, 2015 6:47 AM PST

Thank you!

OpEd: who cares about unity and how it is used.so what. I am looking at broad picture, just because I use Titanium white paint color does not mean I am bound to painting a Bob Ross, seriously. The comparrison to the Camelot game was interesting. I think it is amazing what you are doing with 14 , I hope that is enough, I hope it is not too much, I hope that whomever is involved stays with it and makes it a career where the rest of their job (job = getting paid) is playing, as GM's in the game with all the people, against all the people, for all the people. 

This post was edited by Manouk at November 26, 2015 7:04 AM PST
    • 9 posts
    November 28, 2015 4:34 PM PST

This interview was the first step of my way here :D I didn't really heard of the game before that.

And I must add, the first screen is wonderful, I can't wait to walk among those stones :) (or run, it depends who or what is waiting inside XD)

• 3016 posts
    November 29, 2015 9:42 AM PST

What a majestic beautiful looking game this is.  Can't wait!  (I keep saying that..but I mean it lol)

• 781 posts
    November 29, 2015 8:19 PM PST

Awesome :) 

• 70 posts
    December 3, 2015 1:01 PM PST

Beautiful overall world. Difficult to wait. Actually, damn difficult to wait. Been waiting since 2007, when I left EQ - for the final and last time.

Good interview.

• 781 posts
    December 3, 2015 2:01 PM PST

Graysilk said:

Beautiful overall world. Difficult to wait. Actually, damn difficult to wait. Been waiting since 2007, when I left EQ - for the final and last time.

Good interview.

I feel your pain ! :)  Gosh, I can't wait......

• 170 posts
    December 6, 2015 7:00 AM PST

the Wife and I have been searching for a game and community like we had in EQ1 the difficulty is WoW getting Millions of subs at one time making the several hundred thousand EQ had no longer seems viable. Like TV there are great shows that only draw 2 million viewers at a time so they get cancelled for another reality show trying to make the 17 million watching american  ninja idol voice survior model chef. Its a shame because a great game with 250,000 subs paying $15 a month that people play for 5+ years and buying a new expansion every year should be considered a success in my opinion. I would rather pay a sub for a great game then be bored in a FTP game that has 10 times the players. I know FTP is the new big thing and I do like having money and not having to spend it but its like costco or sams club you are getting something back for the money spent. I think this game is on track to be awesome. It looks great and I'm sure it will play great, the issue is just can we keep funding it to get it out and can the community back it so it lasts.

This post was edited by Abacda at December 6, 2015 7:01 AM PST
    • 668 posts
    December 6, 2015 9:14 AM PST

Continuing on Abacda's points...

I really think it will come down to how quickly and clearly the Pantheon team handles the needed fixes as this game comes to life.  Archeage was an incredible game at Alpha, some of the most fun I have had in a game since EQ.  That game also did water activities better than any other game EVER.  One of the reasons they lost so many initial players since Alpha was because there were NO updates or communication on anything, so you felt like you had no voice in the matter and were being blindly lead down a road you liked or disliked.  They also threw in a ton a store purchased crap that we had to "earn" in game before, a true game killer.

So I think that as long as Pantheon sticks to its "mission statement" from day one (like they have so far), and build the game around those values without persuasion to bad ideas, then communicates their reasoning on game updates on a regular basis, we will most likely be supporting for the long haul...