Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQs new progression server

• 179 posts
    December 9, 2015 8:05 PM PST

My name is Anasyn Human SK. I will be joining a Euro guild but have added everyone to my friends list. I believe most of the people play during Stateside hours so I wouldn't see everyone very often.

• 578 posts
    December 9, 2015 8:38 PM PST

I am in and made a Human Bard named Noobie starting in South Qeynos I believe.

Everyone look for the guild Pantheons Rise to at least friend us if you want. And to join if you want. We will work out details as we go.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at December 9, 2015 8:38 PM PST
    • 668 posts
    December 9, 2015 11:01 PM PST

Yep got enchanter to 6, in the guild...  Let's get it rolling folks!

• 409 posts
    December 10, 2015 6:29 AM PST

LOL...a level 1 warrior here...gonna need to find heals. Things are slooooowwwww for warriors. Woot!

EDIT - actually, I only played for 30-40 minutes just to get my hotbars and stuff worked out. I'll find the guild tonight.

This post was edited by Venjenz at December 10, 2015 6:46 AM PST
    • 46 posts
    December 10, 2015 6:48 AM PST

My erudite wizzy has made it to inny swamp and hopefully getting to Freeport shortly. How are we doing on classes in the guild so far right now? Wiz will be my main but I could consider a tank or healer alt if need be. 

• 409 posts
    December 10, 2015 6:53 AM PST

I made a WAR to hopefully be my Phinny main, but I can play any class in the game if it ends up being needed. 

• 154 posts
    December 10, 2015 12:02 PM PST
    The best progression classic server stopping at Planes of Power is Alkabor. So classic and going actually to PoP where there are AA's... So good
  • December 10, 2015 12:42 PM PST

I have made few chars just to preserve some names I really like.  My main, unless otherwise is needed, is Misad a DE cleric.  He is level 5.

• 179 posts
    December 10, 2015 2:16 PM PST

Noobie and I grouped up for a few hours tonight had a blast. He got to find out how bad I am at tanking. :)

• 668 posts
    December 10, 2015 2:55 PM PST

Pyye the enchanter is now level 8...  Got him over to Commonlands area this morning.  This server is definitely a grind server.  Would love to see more of the forum crowd playing along, could end up being some really good relationships that we can carry into Pantheon later!

• 409 posts
    December 11, 2015 5:54 AM PST

I will be on and grinding Nektulos tonight around 8-9PM EST. Hopefully I can ding out level 2...maybe 3? Real life keeps intruding on my EQ grinding.

• 671 posts
    December 12, 2015 3:23 PM PST

I have to tell you guys...

I have met some pretty outstanding groups so far. I am amazed at the quality of people on Phinny. A good deal from P99, Planetside people, EQ2 peeps.

What I am loving more than anything, is the want & ability for people to make something work. The situation we have got ourselves out of. I already have one for a LoackJaw encounter... that for an epic ongoing 18m battle...  a Orge SK in our group (Kage) walked away with a new staff. So many EQ-naughts launching new careers.

All I know is, people are going to loose their minds when they start to find out about Pantheon.

• December 14, 2015 6:50 AM PST

If anyone wants an invite to the guild, just contact any of us once you are in game!  It's fun, and challenging, to play on this server.

• 179 posts
    December 14, 2015 12:09 PM PST

I think I met Jamaiir the other day and he totally ignored me. :( I think he thought I was trying to steal his camp in Gfay. :)

• 3016 posts
    December 14, 2015 12:55 PM PST

Hieromonk said:

I have met some pretty outstanding groups so far. I am amazed at the quality of people on Phinny. A good deal from P99, Planetside people, EQ2 peeps.

What I am loving more than anything, is the want & ability for people to make something work. The situation we have got ourselves out of. I already have one for a LoackJaw encounter... that for an epic ongoing 18m battle...  a Orge SK in our group (Kage) walked away with a new staff. So many EQ-naughts launching new careers.

All I know is, people are going to loose their minds when they start to find out about Pantheon.

I'm already whispering in peoples' ears over on Xegony...directing them at Pantheonmmo.com  :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 14, 2015 12:56 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    December 14, 2015 1:55 PM PST

So, I just pledged for Pantheon, and had this server and guild recommended to me in my introduction thread.  Never played Everquest myself (started MMOs with vanilla WoW), but I'm here because I want something like all the stories I hear about Everquest- so I'm certainly curious about trying this, even though from what I hear it still has a lot of changes from classic EQ?

However, since I haven't played EQ, I know very little about what all the classes can do- just the bits that come up on this forum when people speculate on the Pantheon versions.  Like, I understand that you want a healer, tank, and crowd control- but Cleric is the only full healer, with Druid and Shaman as hybrids?  Does that mean they have trouble healing by themselves, or are they healers with extra utility? (In which case, why choose Cleric?)  And tanks are the same- Paladins and Shadowknights are hybrids too?  Is Enchanter the only CC class?  And I can't figure out where the rest fit in at all- I hear Monk is used as a "puller"- I can pretty much figure out what that means, but how important is it?  And I don't have any idea where the rest fit in, besides differend variations of damage.

Sorry to ask all this- I've been tired for a long time of the newer version of the Holy Trinity homoginizing everything and making buffs and crowd control meaningless, but I don't really have experience with much else.  So I'm not really sure what to make- I typically heal, but sometimes enjoy tanking and might be curious about other roles that aren't in modern MMOs, but not so much straight damage.  Thanks in advance!

• 14 posts
    December 14, 2015 2:47 PM PST

Eldryth said:

So, I just pledged for Pantheon, and had this server and guild recommended to me in my introduction thread.  Never played Everquest myself (started MMOs with vanilla WoW), but I'm here because I want something like all the stories I hear about Everquest- so I'm certainly curious about trying this, even though from what I hear it still has a lot of changes from classic EQ?

However, since I haven't played EQ, I know very little about what all the classes can do- just the bits that come up on this forum when people speculate on the Pantheon versions.  Like, I understand that you want a healer, tank, and crowd control- but Cleric is the only full healer, with Druid and Shaman as hybrids?  Does that mean they have trouble healing by themselves, or are they healers with extra utility? (In which case, why choose Cleric?)  And tanks are the same- Paladins and Shadowknights are hybrids too?  Is Enchanter the only CC class?  And I can't figure out where the rest fit in at all- I hear Monk is used as a "puller"- I can pretty much figure out what that means, but how important is it?  And I don't have any idea where the rest fit in, besides differend variations of damage (well, I know Bard has a lot of utility, but not exactly what- buffs?).

Sorry to ask all this- I've been tired for a long time of the newer version of the Holy Trinity homoginizing everything and making buffs and crowd control meaningless, but I don't really have experience with much else.  So I'm not really sure what to make- I typically heal, but sometimes enjoy tanking and might be curious about other roles that aren't in modern MMOs, but not so much straight damage.  Thanks in advance!

Edit: Great, this was supposed to be a slight edit of my post, not a quote!  Can't see a button to delete, is there a way to fix it?

This post was edited by Eldryth at December 14, 2015 2:49 PM PST
    • 384 posts
    December 14, 2015 3:29 PM PST

OK y'all talked me into it lol! I resubbed and created an Ogre Shaman. I'm somewhere around maybe one bubble in. :)  I'll try to contact one of y'all next time I'm on. I never played this class or race before but  I tell you what, it feels so unfamliar. It's been so long lol.  Loving it so far.  Hope i get some time to play.

• 14 posts
    December 14, 2015 6:52 PM PST

Based on what I've read so far, Shaman, Cleric, and Druid all sound great- except if I play a Barbarian Shaman, I'd have to cross an entire continent to reach where everyone here's playing?  Also considering Monk, Paladin or Bard, so it's a tough choice!  All classes I'm interested in for Pantheon as well...

• 668 posts
    December 14, 2015 10:24 PM PST

Yes look me up, Pyye, and I will do my best to get you a guild invite ASAP...  We are having a blast once again!

*PS- as far as Jamairr, he is my RL bud, old fellar, and he does not always see chat lol.   Great guy, just trying to figure out EQ again

• 409 posts
    December 15, 2015 6:06 AM PST

I have done "/who all name/guildname" searches when I am on (normally nighttime EST) but I never see anyone from this board. Anyone got a search tip for me?

PS - haven't been on sine Friday because "admin" is part of my job title, and well, when it rains it pours. Warrior is level 3 though, and I remembered I could sharpen a rusty sword for a tarnished one! Trying to get myself a shield right now, but they are really expensive. 

• December 15, 2015 8:03 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Hieromonk said:

I'm already whispering in peoples' ears over on Xegony...directing them at Pantheonmmo.com  :)

Are you coming over to play, Canadina? :)

Eldryth  -   Yes.  Clerics have more efficient heals, and get better healing spells earlier than do the druid and shaman. :)  It sounds like you've researched some so you understand the advantages to shaman/druid.   You can look for me as well,  Bloodbeard,  for an invite.  I was unable to play last night but will be on tonight and most nights :)

Anasyn -  Jamairr is cool :)  He probably didn't see the text.

Venjenz  -  You must have just missed folks, as someone was online pretty much all weekend.   If you look for me, look for Bloodbeard.  I started over with the dwarf cleric when your admin duties started kicking your playing time.  :)

• December 15, 2015 8:04 AM PST

Malsirian said:

OK y'all talked me into it lol! I resubbed and created an Ogre Shaman. I'm somewhere around maybe one bubble in. :)  I'll try to contact one of y'all next time I'm on. I never played this class or race before but  I tell you what, it feels so unfamliar. It's been so long lol.  Loving it so far.  Hope i get some time to play.

I'm assuming the name is Malsirian? :)

• December 15, 2015 8:07 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

I am in and made a Human Bard named Noobie starting in South Qeynos I believe.

Everyone look for the guild Pantheons Rise to at least friend us if you want. And to join if you want. We will work out details as we go.

Noobie, we need to get you guilded for guild chat and stuff :)   Let's try to work out a time where we could meet in the middle or something? 

• 384 posts
    December 15, 2015 8:08 AM PST

Usually. But since I made an ogre I ended up going with Maldo. :)