Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQs new progression server

• 578 posts
    December 7, 2015 9:03 PM PST

I will be playing a bard. Is there any set of races we should be aiming to use? I don't know if we need to be specific races in the beginning soo we can all group at the early levels

• 668 posts
    December 7, 2015 9:40 PM PST

I think we all agreed Butcherblock continent...  I am making a high elf...

• 409 posts
    December 8, 2015 7:16 AM PST

Guess I'll do something I rarely do and make a gnome or dorf...just need to decide on either ROG or WAR...or maybe WIZ. One of the purity classes for sure though. I'll be named Venjenz.

• December 8, 2015 7:59 AM PST

Nevermind!  I found the link for the launch. :)

Now, I just wonder if they will bring it up sooner to avoid smashing the servers :)

This post was edited by BloodbeardBattlecaster at December 8, 2015 8:06 AM PST
  • December 8, 2015 8:32 AM PST

Here's a couple of questions for those rolling chars on Phinny.

Who wants to form the guild and start inviting?  Someone who is able to be online when they server comes up and wants to recieve tells from folks as they log in :)  Volunteers?

At what level do you all think it is best to start actually forming up into groups or 2, 3, or more?

Here are the known names which we are trying to get tomorrow.  If I missed someone, please post below. 

Bloodbeard

Venjenz

Anasyn

Pyye

• 409 posts
    December 8, 2015 9:03 AM PST

BloodBeard, I'll be making a WAR to your CLR, and since we are apparently making Freeport/Faydwer based toons, I'll be either a dorf, gnome or high elf and will come find you, sooner than later. Level 4-5 is about where "anyone can solo" ends, and we'll need to be paired up to make a go of things. Check your messages, btw. :)

• December 8, 2015 9:57 AM PST

Works for me.  Replied to your message :)

• December 8, 2015 10:00 AM PST

Noobiedoo, Filzin, Hieromonk, Dreconic, Zlambit -  please post your hopeful game names so we can all add to our friends list.

Is anyone else in for this?

This post was edited by BloodbeardBattlecaster at December 8, 2015 10:01 AM PST
    • 671 posts
    December 8, 2015 10:34 AM PST

I am just going to ad-lib.

/1 Greetings Phinny.. is there any of the Fallen around..? (enter)

Sandaso tells NewPlayer 1, Greetings Phinny.. is there any of the Fallen around..?

; )

• December 8, 2015 10:38 AM PST

FYI for anyone who may not have seen this on the daybreak forums - 

From Roshen -

"This will prevent players from creating new characters of these race/class combos or using a Transmogrification Scroll to become these race/class combos until Luclin unlocks on these servers."

Those race/class combos are  Gnome Shadowknight, Gnome Paladin, Halfling Ranger,  Halfling Paladin

• December 8, 2015 10:42 AM PST

Hieromonk said:

I am just going to ad-lib.

/1 Greetings Phinny.. is there any of the Fallen around..? (enter)

Sandaso tells NewPlayer 1, Greetings Phinny.. is there any of the Fallen around..?

; )

So, you're going to put us on friends list and follow us around like a spy?  :D

• 409 posts
    December 8, 2015 12:21 PM PST

Heiromonk - if you go the necro route, consider the dark elf path that BloodBeard and I will start on. Ultravision, coolest city, favored children of Innoruuk? C'mon...you know you want to....

• 671 posts
    December 8, 2015 12:31 PM PST

Naah.. I can't play a darky.

Plus, Human Necros do not need ultravision, I have cold stone and lich form. And do not feel too bad, Freeport is but one zone difference.

• 409 posts
    December 8, 2015 12:46 PM PST

Hieromonk said:

Naah.. I can't play a darky.

Plus, Human Necros do not need ultravision, I have cold stone and lich form. And do not feel too bad, Freeport is but one zone difference.

True, and the bottom line is, everyone has guards and wanderers they have to avoid somewhere. I like Freeport/Neriak for the whole Sol A, Najena, Befallen access, plus the EC tunnel. =)

EDIT - and FYI to everyone, BloodBeard and I settled on dark elves. Easiest WAR-CLR pair with immediate access to Eastern Antonica. 

This post was edited by Venjenz at December 8, 2015 12:50 PM PST
    • 671 posts
    December 8, 2015 12:54 PM PST

Commonlands area is a good springboard for lvl 10+. (Soulbinder in Tunnel)

Don't forget, everyone gets /origin (gate to starting point)  after lvl 10?
  • December 8, 2015 1:37 PM PST

Truly, it is not difficult to meet up once reaching level 5 or so.  Qeynos - Odus being the most difficult.

• 578 posts
    December 8, 2015 10:42 PM PST

I am aiming for Noobie Doo not sure which race yet though but I will find something in that area. I can try and get the guild started up I just have to remember how to go about it. It's been a LONG while since I created Celestial Juggernaughts. :D I really miss that guild, had litterally 20 real life friends in that guild. Raiding with that many RL friends is awesome!

• 668 posts
    December 9, 2015 8:39 AM PST

Too bad it does not go live until 2PM PST...  I had the whole day today off!!  Also, am I the only one rolling a toon on Butcherblock side?

• 46 posts
    December 9, 2015 10:01 AM PST

I'll give it a whirl for old time's sake but not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate. Count me in for a Pantheon guild. I'll be creating an Erudite Wizard named Gemdiver and will be aiming to head over to Freeport area as soon as I feel brave enough to do the journey. Looking forward to being the guild taxi! 

--> Edit: If anyone else is rolling in Odus/Qeynos and wants to try and sync up the journey across, let me know.

This post was edited by Gemdiver at December 9, 2015 11:02 AM PST
  • December 9, 2015 3:50 PM PST

Friends list is not working for me.  Anyone got the guild setup ?

• 671 posts
    December 9, 2015 4:52 PM PST

I tried to make "The Fallen" at 5:02pm...  said it already existed on another server. Need permission, or some sh1t..

-Zvorak

• 409 posts
    December 9, 2015 5:15 PM PST

I made it in and got my name (Venjenz) reserved, but I have dayjob type work to do tonight, so real life gets my online time tonight. I am in though, all set to go. Either post here, send me mail in game on Phinigel, or whatever, and I'll be around to play tanky tank.

• 671 posts
    December 9, 2015 5:21 PM PST

I just might create a temporary guild called "Rise of the Fallen"...

edit:  guild already exist on another server.

We being trolled ?

This post was edited by Hieromonk at December 9, 2015 5:27 PM PST
    • 668 posts
    December 9, 2015 5:42 PM PST

I made an enchanter named Pyye, just hit lvl 4, hanging in GFay

• December 9, 2015 6:19 PM PST

Guild name is  Pantheons Rise