Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQs new progression server

• 578 posts
    November 23, 2015 10:02 PM PST

Curious to see how many, if any, are going to start a character on this server. Maybe we can start to build a small community of in-game Pantheon players here. It's a 'true box' server with, I believe, both instanced and non-instanced raids. And each expac unlocks every 90 days. I am highly likely to start a bard on this server once it opens in December.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/phinigel-a-true-box-progression-server-coming-weds-dec-9-2015.228378/

• 409 posts
    November 24, 2015 8:15 AM PST

I could play any of the holy trinity classes (cleric, warrior, enchanter) if the interest is there, but I will say now it won't be a 7 days a week thing for me, more like 2, maybe 3. If that's cool and if the interest is there, I can add whatever a group needs. 

• 511 posts
    November 24, 2015 8:31 AM PST

I am debating cleric, pally or bard

• 595 posts
    November 24, 2015 8:31 AM PST

Sadly, everytime they have done one of these progressions servers they're a disaster.  But ultimately, for me the issue is that they never end up feeling anything near classic.  P99 for me.

• 409 posts
    November 24, 2015 10:06 AM PST

Just throwing in ideas, I am also into making a rogue, wizard or shaman. Never taken any of those three past 40 or so, and I think it could fun. Again, once we see if anyone else is into it, I'll find a class to round out a group.

• 83 posts
    November 24, 2015 1:47 PM PST

will prob roll a sk to play while we wait on pantheon ^_^

• 595 posts
    November 24, 2015 3:07 PM PST

Venjenz said:

Just throwing in ideas, I am also into making a rogue, wizard or shaman. Never taken any of those three past 40 or so, and I think it could fun. Again, once we see if anyone else is into it, I'll find a class to round out a group.

Along with this, I have several toons on P99 blue server if anyone wants to play there.  Let me know.

• 578 posts
    November 24, 2015 4:52 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Sadly, everytime they have done one of these progressions servers they're a disaster.  But ultimately, for me the issue is that they never end up feeling anything near classic.  P99 for me.

From what I read this server is trying to address the two big problems people have with the game. Mage armies and highly over-contested raid content in the early TLP stages. I would be a fool to believe that they have developed a system/protocol to eradicate mage armies completely but I'm sure they have found a way to manage them to a degree.

I really do not know what else to play and I am itching for an MMO to play. I've considered EQ2 but I don't know, I remember that game being pretty easy and pracctically NO need for CC. ESO's classes are boring to me. I've actually considered playing Rift again but I think that would be cool to start with a group of people at the beginning.

We could form a guild together and go from there but I don't have much experience with classic so while I could run a guild and/or easily run a raid force I'd need help with strats. We have a few weeks left before it pops so we have time to get things in order.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at November 24, 2015 5:01 PM PST
    • 409 posts
    November 25, 2015 6:56 AM PST

My most serious playtime was in the Kunark-Luclin period, and I still have all my old materials for playing proper EQ1. Not trying to run a guild or anything, but I can add input and strats to most of the classic-thru-Luclin dungeons, and a good chunk of the raids. Been forever since I did any proper EQ1 raiding.

For right now, finding 5 other people willing to single group grind our way around vanilla EQ1 would be killer. Guilds and raids and all that stuff is icing on the single group cake. 

• 595 posts
    November 25, 2015 9:33 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

I really do not know what else to play and I am itching for an MMO to play. I've considered EQ2 but I don't know, I remember that game being pretty easy and pracctically NO need for CC. ESO's classes are boring to me. I've actually considered playing Rift again but I think that would be cool to start with a group of people at the beginning.

Have you considered Project 1999?  If it's a classic Everquest experience you're after then there's no better place than P99.

Venjenz said:

My most serious playtime was in the Kunark-Luclin period, and I still have all my old materials for playing proper EQ1.

P99 might be right for you too Venjenz, as Velious just launched on P99 in September (I think, late August maybe?).

• 409 posts
    November 25, 2015 11:28 AM PST

I'll play wherever it looks like a legit group can get going, and do so on maybe 2-3 scheduled days per week. 

• 578 posts
    November 25, 2015 12:56 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Have you considered Project 1999?  If it's a classic Everquest experience you're after then there's no better place than P99.

Venjenz said:

I don't know much about the P99 servers. And I don't necessarily want to play classic EQ tbh, I think I'd actually rather play the newest expansion. I believe in a game as old as this, playing the newest expac will make it feel the most current when compared to MMOs of today. GOing back to classic EQ I fear will make it feel dated. I'm not entirely too concerned with that though it just would be nice to feel current. But with the fact that I'd have to start from scratch, unless I started a Hero char but I'd prefer to start from the beginning anyways to get the feel for the game, I'd like to start from the beginning along with everyone else. Where everyone starts on the same foot. And not only does this new server provide that, it also provides instanced raiding (which I'm not sure if I like yet but by the way eveyrone is talking about TLP servers it is a blessing) which I might enjoy, but it also provides the attempts at prohibiting mage armies and the sort.

But again, I don't know much about the P99 project so I may look into that. Thanks for the info!

• November 25, 2015 1:14 PM PST

P99 is okay, but has it's own issues as well.  I will play on Phinigel.  I normally like healing but will play something different if needed.

I am already playing on Ragefire, so I am down with a group, or more, of us on Phinigel.  Like I said,  just keep posting here with your updates and I will do the same.

• 578 posts
    November 25, 2015 2:51 PM PST

Yea it seems P99 will stop at Velious and I'd prefer to keep going after that so I will prolly stick to Phinny on eq. Blood healer sounds good right now as I'm sure we will need one or 7 lol

• 409 posts
    November 25, 2015 8:08 PM PST

Phinigel it is. I just need to know what the group needs. 

• 511 posts
    November 30, 2015 4:56 PM PST

Noobie check your PM's

• 163 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:00 AM PST

Are these new TLP servers reset to a classic status? Classic loot tables, zones, exp rate, etc?

I've retried both the modern version of Everquest and Project 1999. I found Project 1999 to be a much more classic experience, as long as you don't get caught up in the forums and the end game mess (like I did in TMO) and what ultimately ruined it for me. I had such a fun experience in the early-mid era of P99 that I even kick around the idea of doing it all over again and a slower pace.

• 511 posts
    December 1, 2015 1:03 PM PST

It isn't exactly like classic, but it is fun, XP is accelerated, there will be boxing rules put in (have to have physically different PC's) and everything will be instances (casual guilds will be able to raid).

• 409 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:30 AM PST

If you folks actually get something going, message me and tell me what classes are needed. I'll decide from there.

• 179 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:57 AM PST

I would love to group up with anybody on this site. My biggest concern is actually grouping up with everybody. We need a website or a TS/Ventrilo communication system in place. We really need to make every effort to group up with each other as often as possible. The biggest downfalls that I've seen on Ragefire and P99 when we created a Pantheon guild is that they quickly fell apart because everyone was spread out and didn't group up often enough and lack of communication.

Count me in to play just about any dps or support class. I just really really want a group to play with when i'm online. Race is actually probably the most important aspect to decide because the quickest killer for most players are picking a race that is a million miles away from everyone else and they never get to group with their guildies, fall behind, and eventually give up.

I will help out by any means, create a website, pay for a TS server, and help create a guild but lets do it the smart way to help the transition.

• 163 posts
    December 2, 2015 9:06 AM PST

I started back up on P99 last night and intend to play casually. I'll probably soak up all the experiences rather than straight grind (working on saving up to make my own backpacks right now) :D

I rolled with a gnome, and made the journey from Akanon to Kelethin for a bind. But the population still seems healthy at the low levels if you're looking for groups. There were plenty in Gfay and Crushbone.

• 578 posts
    December 2, 2015 7:17 PM PST

I am currently talking with somebody from these forums about possibly having the Pantheon members interested in playing on Phinny possibly joining the guild he is in that is setting up on that server.

I would love to start playing with this community because that's what these MMOs (EQ and VG) are about. Having a nice tight knit group before PROTF launches would be excellent. I will let you all know more once I know more.

• 668 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:19 PM PST

I would be more than happy to join up with you all on this server...  Trying to figure out what class to play though.  I have a level 40 Bard on Lockjaw atm but have no issues starting over...

• 163 posts
    December 3, 2015 6:16 AM PST

Do they leave the OP defiant gear (or whatever it was called) in the game on the TLP servers?

• 668 posts
    December 3, 2015 7:50 AM PST

I think most things are the same so I would think so..

Also, everyone joining Phinny should try and use their forum name to help everyone in game...  just a suggestion that would make things MUCH easier to track.