Forums » News and Announcements

A Small Team Update

• 9115 posts
    November 20, 2015 3:30 PM PST

As most of you know, the Pantheon team is an international team -- we have people from all of the country and even the world working on the game. With skype, google docs, email, etc. as well as great version control/code & asset repository software, cloud servers, etc. not only is developing an MMO possible with a remote team, but I am extremely proud and pleased as to how much we've been able to accomplish.

But, all that said, sometimes it's just a good thing to get together in person. We just finished on onsite marathon 3 day meeting to plan and solidify roadmaps for Pantheon development going forward, specifically game design and systems, world building, and content creation (quests, populating zones, etc). It was not only very productive, but also a lot of fun because we were able to goof off a bit too, grab lunches and dinners, and combine a lot of hard work with some face time, team building, and camaraderie.

And I must say, I am so proud of this team (both those who attended the offsite as well as everybody else) -- not only are they very talented, but also so passionate and determined, and they are in love with Pantheon -- the premise, how far we've taken it, and where we will take it going forward. I've been part of many MMO teams in the past, and worked with some fantastic people, but these guys are incredible -- it's truly an honor to be working with these guys. We all share a common dream and are making this game not only for all of you, but for us too -- this is the game *we* want to play and to call home.

And not just up to launch -- we have plans and dreams and ideas we want to implement post-launch too. The great thing about MMOs is that they really never end... you launch them, but then you keep working on them, tuning and tweaking, adding content, doing expansions, experimenting with new ideas, etc. I'm really excited about the grand vision for Pantheon, both short and long term, and we are definitely in this for the long haul.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with all of you and also post some pics of us together at our Visionary Realms HQ where the meetings took place.

-Brad McQuaid

Left to right: Corey LeFever (Senior Game Designer), John Diasparra (Lead World Builder), Brad McQuaid (Chief Creative Officer/Producer/Programmer) , Chris Perkins (Creative Director), Albert Barajas (IT Director), and Adam Tell (Web Master/Programmer)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 20, 2015 3:31 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    November 20, 2015 5:23 PM PST

pantheon news! Weekend made thanks guys :)

• 86 posts
    November 20, 2015 5:52 PM PST

More news this week!? Welp, I'm more happy than I was!

• 9 posts
    November 20, 2015 8:38 PM PST

Terrific news!! What a great shot of all of you, too!!  I can see in your faces both the satisfaction in Pantheon's progression thus far and excitement for future plans.  I'm eager to hear in the next Newsletter how world building and tweaking is coming along and if we're going to get a glimpse of live combat!  The world looks great in the screenies... I'm really looking forward to alpha!

I wish all of you, whereever you are, a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!!  May it be a time of friends, family, laughter, love and joy /smile

• 36 posts
    November 21, 2015 1:58 AM PST

Royal wave from the UK and have a great Thanksgiving sounds like you guys deserved it!

• 453 posts
    November 21, 2015 6:41 AM PST

Thanks for the post! Nice seeing all of you studs together in one pic :)

• 999 posts
    November 21, 2015 10:02 AM PST

Thanks for the update - glad you all had a chance to meet in person - it definitely helps with the camaraderie.  Now.. question is, who's taking the picture (or was it a camera set on a timer)?

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2015 10:09 AM PST

Keep on truckin'!  Glad for any bit of news...onward! :)

• 311 posts
    November 21, 2015 1:35 PM PST

Well good to see you all meet. Can't wait for more to come. I see no computers so get back to work lol.

• 14 posts
    November 22, 2015 3:57 PM PST

NINJA'ed!!!! Thank you for the phat lewtz. BOOM

This post was edited by Souldiersfate at November 22, 2015 3:58 PM PST
    • 70 posts
    November 25, 2015 7:21 PM PST

Nice shot of you all. You're a satisfied and happy looking group and this is good. Makes for a good output.

Looking foward to Alpha.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

• 160 posts
    November 26, 2015 9:22 PM PST
    Thanks for the tidbits. Keep up the good work friends.
    • 46 posts
    November 27, 2015 1:31 AM PST

Did anyone take minutes at the meeting and are willing to sell them.....

• 781 posts
    November 27, 2015 9:17 AM PST

Keep it going guys !  Cheering ya'll on ! :)