Forums » Pantheon Lore

Timeline

• 309 posts
    November 19, 2015 8:00 AM PST

I am making my way through all the lore and while years are represented without a timeline of events from the beginning of recorded history it is hard to make connections. I am curious how long from the present day of the game did hte Dragon Accord happen as well as the arrive of the first races into Terminus. It sort of implies that some races were here longer then others but how long?

• 309 posts
    November 24, 2015 10:01 AM PST

As I have been digging around, it seems to me less then 1000 years have pasted since the arrival of the first races on Terminus with the newer ones appeared less then 300 years ago. Is that enough time to build engaging history of the races and the world?

I am curious what others think. One of my favorite series, for instance, the known timeline extends for approx 2000 years of recorded history with the early ages (Dawn and Merethic) being discribed as 1000s of years each or having no definite time line. To me this leaves alot of interesting things to discover along the timeline as well as building a very deep and rich story.

I know the races have their homeworlds but how much of that will we be learning about or even how much will really be relevent to those living in Terminus?

Thoughts?

P.S. I am a massive lore nut. I need to apologize ahead of time because I will be bombarding your Lore guys with tons of questions well into developement and live launch. BE PREPARED!

This post was edited by Aggelos at November 24, 2015 10:08 AM PST
    • 195 posts
    November 30, 2015 12:11 PM PST

Aggelos!

I want to honor your interest. Please give me a little more time to respond to this. I think it's a very good question and one I have thought about a good deal.

Thanks!

• 309 posts
    November 30, 2015 12:22 PM PST

Istuulamae said:

Aggelos!

I want to honor your interest. Please give me a little more time to respond to this. I think it's a very good question and one I have thought about a good deal.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for responding! You have made my week! I love lore and as I was reading more and more questions popped up which is a great thing when it comes to lore. With the worlds I enjoy the most (Middle Earth and Tamriel/Nirn) that is always the case with lore. Each thing I find out makes me want to learn more because the thing I found out about often has ties to things deeper and more interesting!

Looking forward to your response!

• 96 posts
    November 30, 2015 4:41 PM PST

Oh, I somehow missed this topic. Looking forward to this Istuu!

• 171 posts
    December 14, 2015 4:51 PM PST

shihiro said:

Same here. It is easy to miss posts outside of the general section I guess.

• 309 posts
    December 15, 2015 6:39 AM PST

cram9030 said:

shihiro said:

Same here. It is easy to miss posts outside of the general section I guess.

I know they said they are working on new forums that will make this kind of thing easier to see so I am excited for that! I am also excited for the answers!

• 45 posts
    February 13, 2016 4:49 AM PST

I made this earlier....

From the Lore,

IH years="Why is still a mystery, but some time shortly before the First Era of Collisions (as they are oft called, though few were especially violent), the Reignborn left their lands of sovereignty, or at least appeared to. In turn, all of Dragonkind similarly deferred their territories, roosts and dwellings, down even to the common spawn. This is verified by credible native peoples such as the Tholen of Itholis and the Elvonnen Giants of what is now Kingsreach. The Tholen began a new calendar to correspond with this strange new behavior, the Ithosbrun Hjilen, abbreviated as “IH”"

7IH Dwarves
    9IH Elves
    12IH ogres
    400IH Age of Seclusion
    458IH Age of Chaos, Dark Myr/Archai
    459IH Humans
    486IH End of Age of Chaos
    620IH Hafling
    621IH Skar
    622Ih Gnomes
    987IH Today!

• 828 posts
    May 19, 2016 12:39 PM PDT

I have read the Lore several time now.  I am curious about the timeline also.  If the dates are stationary or fixed that means we are or are going to beplaying is a transistion period.  Something like after the fall of Rome.  At least that is my take on it.  It does add some questions on the bases of time in relatin to human history and the span of what we consider history.  In my mind the time span is to small for development but who is to say the information is wrong.  Maybe we are supposed to figure out the true history and its age as we adventure through Terminus.  In any case its a fun discussion and get me excited to explore the possiblities of the world VR has created.

Ox 

• 301 posts
    May 25, 2016 12:58 PM PDT

Aggelos said:...

P.S. I am a massive lore nut. I need to apologize ahead of time because I will be bombarding your Lore guys with tons of questions well into developement and live launch. BE PREPARED!

Me too !

I originally read the lore and, frankly, did not like the writing style.  I even sent a feedback criticizing it.  Well, I can't apologize enough times because I let it marinate a while, then re-read it and read it again and fell completely into the lore.  I sent an "I changed my mind and please pass the crow" email and posted as much here.  

I am a complete lore fan now (and lore-writing fan).  Frankly, I feel quite foolish for my hasty criticism because I love it so much now.....dang darn dammit I'm so conflicted (in a good way)!

• 301 posts
    May 25, 2016 1:03 PM PDT

Senadin said:

I made this earlier....

From the Lore,

IH years="Why is still a mystery, but some time shortly before the First Era of Collisions (as they are oft called, though few were especially violent), the Reignborn left their lands of sovereignty, or at least appeared to. In turn, all of Dragonkind similarly deferred their territories, roosts and dwellings, down even to the common spawn. This is verified by credible native peoples such as the Tholen of Itholis and the Elvonnen Giants of what is now Kingsreach. The Tholen began a new calendar to correspond with this strange new behavior, the Ithosbrun Hjilen, abbreviated as “IH”"

7IH Dwarves
    9IH Elves
    12IH ogres
    400IH Age of Seclusion
    459IH Humans
    620IH Hafling
    621IH Skar
    622Ih Gnomes
    987IH Today!

Remember the races only "leased" this planet for 1000 years.  So....... if we assume the time-scale will be about the same as Everquest, we can assume about 20 Terminus days pass per Earth day.

That means that 13 years of Terminus time will pass in about 0.65 Earth years!

That means.........we could see the end of the Dragon Accord and the return of the dragons and possibly a serious power struggle.

What is going to happen when the DA ends?  are the gods intending to scoop up their races again, to a safe place?  Let them fight it out for dominance?

Was that part of the DA?  Did the dragons need subjects and so agreed to let races be planted here and then fight for dominance?

I hope the time-scale is slower than EQ's so that we don't reach the "end days" too soon.

• 132 posts
    June 25, 2016 5:26 PM PDT

fazool said:

Senadin said:

I made this earlier....

From the Lore,

7IH Dwarves
    9IH Elves
    12IH ogres
    400IH Age of Seclusion
    459IH Humans
    620IH Hafling
    621IH Skar
    622Ih Gnomes
    987IH Today!

Remember the races only "leased" this planet for 1000 years.  So....... if we assume the time-scale will be about the same as Everquest, we can assume about 20 Terminus days pass per Earth day.

That means that 13 years of Terminus time will pass in about 0.65 Earth years!

That means.........we could see the end of the Dragon Accord and the return of the dragons and possibly a serious power struggle.

What is going to happen when the DA ends?  are the gods intending to scoop up their races again, to a safe place?  Let them fight it out for dominance?

Was that part of the DA?  Did the dragons need subjects and so agreed to let races be planted here and then fight for dominance?

I hope the time-scale is slower than EQ's so that we don't reach the "end days" too soon.

I agree I don't want the end days to come so soon, But I believe it would not anyways. It would probably take much longer than 0.65 Earth Days to create an expansion to include the Dragons Accord ending.

However, I do believe that once players start playing maybe the world leave's "The Frail Age" and enters into a new era; seeing at is has been 501 IH years since the last "Change of Era", being almost 100 years longer than 0-400 BAoS (Before Age of Seclusion) where as AoS had only lasted 58 years before AoC Started. Even the AoC only lasted 28 years. (AoC = Age of Chaos). So I am Assuming that the Frail age had started immediately after or even a couple years after the AoC had ended because what I have read I do not think I noticed anywhere, where it said what year specifically The Frail Age had actually begun. So Assuming it started immediately after AoC it has been 501 years making it the longest lasting era yet, which makes it seem there is about to be a change of eras.

EDIT: Just because it says we are "Currently in The Frail Age" does not mean it could not end just after release just because something significant had happened as we arrived.

This post was edited by LeonSanborn at June 25, 2016 5:28 PM PDT
    • 286 posts
    January 9, 2017 8:38 PM PST

Sorry to necro this thread, but I plan to take this up as the next essay project. Hoping to have a finished anotated timeline sometime this week. Hopefully before Kingdom Hearts releases!

• 828 posts
    January 18, 2017 12:11 PM PST

Kilsin, did you forget to answer this one?  .../snicker

Ox