Forums » Pantheon Races

Make size count for something

• 17 posts
    November 16, 2015 4:30 PM PST

Perhaps a big race can push a bolder out of the way and reveal a small opening for a gnome to go in and find the treasure or deactivate a trap. Just an example. I think it would be pretty cool for interdependency to be in the game. Just throwin out some ideas here.

• 668 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:32 PM PST

Another great idea that creates specialty!  Although, each scenario should have an alternate plan somehow..  

• 17 posts
    November 18, 2015 7:26 PM PST

Just an idea for game play. Maybe ogres can chuck dwarves up to an inaccessible place. Making it race based or class based to get by an obstacle would be awesome. Gives the group replayability for a dungeon depending on the group make up. Say its divided into multiple paths and depending on your group determines which way you can go. Would be cool for the group to have to defend the person while they struggle through a mini game or something to clear the barrier. So something is riding on the situation.

• 9115 posts
    November 18, 2015 8:41 PM PST

Lol, that actually sounds pretty cool :)

• 668 posts
    November 18, 2015 10:21 PM PST

It would suck to make your way there and the Dwarf goes LD...  "Get me a small person ASAP..!!"  LOL

• 61 posts
    February 13, 2016 3:40 AM PST

JudgeFudge said:

Perhaps a big race can push a bolder out of the way and reveal a small opening for a gnome to go in and find the treasure or deactivate a trap. Just an example. I think it would be pretty cool for interdependency to be in the game. Just throwin out some ideas here.

Love the idea however what would worry me is how will this affect character collision if any? Bunch of Ogres blocking a certain area comes to mind....

• 157 posts
    February 13, 2016 6:27 AM PST

Or make characters with large races need to take alternate paths through dungeons.  How in the heck do ogres traverse a kobold den, anyway?

• 17 posts
    March 18, 2016 12:55 PM PDT

I usually play short races... I have to say, I'm not sure I like the notion of being "chucked"! It rates right up there with being tucked into an Ogre's sweaty backfat... 

• 71 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:16 PM PDT

Agree with the OP. Race shold be as important as class. I think EQ did great job of this, and I miss this in today's modern gameing world.

They have mentioned chaining events for classes, if they added chaining or combo for races along with classes this game would get fun and very deep with multiple interactions.

• 2 posts
    March 27, 2016 6:05 AM PDT

feats of strength for large races, like moving the boulders, coupled with tight spaces that you would need to throw a gnome intoso you could get past an obsticle.( said gnome would have to activate a switch or so)

• 11 posts
    March 28, 2016 6:33 AM PDT

This makes me think of the VG Psi changing the raid into kobalds all the time, lol.

• 9115 posts
    March 28, 2016 3:16 PM PDT

Ixxa said:

This makes me think of the VG Psi changing the raid into kobalds all the time, lol.

Yes, spot on! :)

• 6 posts
    August 28, 2016 1:15 PM PDT

Lakland said:

Agree with the OP. Race shold be as important as class. I think EQ did great job of this, and I miss this in today's modern gameing world.

They have mentioned chaining events for classes, if they added chaining or combo for races along with classes this game would get fun and very deep with multiple interactions.

EQ2 tried the chain thing, it was cumbersome and no one used it.

• 172 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:19 AM PDT
    I really love this idea. Even if it's not like a trap or boulder being moved I hope that if a human goes in to the gnome city at least make the city sizable to gnomes, so as a human I shoild have to duck in to doorways and crouch in houses. I think little things like this help in volumes with immersion.
    • 249 posts
    September 14, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

JudgeFudge said:

Just an idea for game play. Maybe ogres can chuck dwarves up to an inaccessible place. 

Not the beard!!!

• 249 posts
    September 14, 2016 1:09 PM PDT

Love the idea however what would worry me is how will this affect character collision if any? Bunch of Ogres blocking a certain area comes to mind....

Haha! Bringing back memories! I countered them by making them levitate,  that let the little people squeek through

• 334 posts
    September 15, 2016 11:23 AM PDT

You telling me that my Gnome Warrior will be unable to push a boulder out of the way?! Blasphemy!

• 172 posts
    September 16, 2016 1:52 AM PDT

Sicario said:

You telling me that my Gnome Warrior will be unable to push a boulder out of the way?! Blasphemy!

To be completely honest i hope gnomes arent even allowed to be warriors.. in my opinion its never fit any sort of lore to me to have an intelligence based race resort to that type of combat.

• 78 posts
    September 16, 2016 3:45 AM PDT

Boulder you say? Step aside, I got this...

Gno-bro

This post was edited by zubi at September 16, 2016 3:46 AM PDT
    • 116 posts
    September 16, 2016 5:22 AM PDT

JudgeFudge said:

Just an idea for game play. Maybe ogres can chuck dwarves up to an inaccessible place.

As long as there is NO dwarf punting!.

• 114 posts
    September 21, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Oldtimer said:

JudgeFudge said:

As long as there is NO dwarf punting!.

Pffft...take the fun away whydontcha...

Besides, what else are dorfs good for? (/ducks)

• 1399 posts
    September 23, 2016 10:56 PM PDT

Aayden said:

Sicario said:

To be completely honest i hope gnomes arent even allowed to be warriors.. in my opinion its never fit any sort of lore to me to have an intelligence based race resort to that type of combat.

This is the topic I was searching the site for I'd like to find where VR stands on this.
    Gnome Warrior, Completely emersion breaking, just like obscenely sized swords. I hope they don't go this way, it would totally ruin it for me. I'm "ok" with them allowing Gnomes be Warriors if somebody wants to, but they should be seriously pathetic warriors if they do and I sure won't group with one anyplace dangerous.

Maybe put a simple but clear warning at character creation...

"Ok you can be a Warrior if you want, but your REALLY going to suck and nobody will like you!"

Z

This post was edited by Zorkon at September 23, 2016 10:56 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    September 28, 2016 8:44 PM PDT

I would like to see something like this. Also, I always hated in games where you get a sword that is a one hander for a Barb, or troll or Ogre and you give the samw sword to a Gnome or Halfling and the sword is magically smaller. I don't like the absurdly large anime type swords, but a sword or axe or whatever, should have a size and not scale with the race. A one hander for a large race could be a two hander for a smaller race, or have some type of penalty for using them. And on the flip-side, if a larger race tried to use a weapon taylor made for a small race, they should have a penalty because it would be more like a knife, or their hand wouldn't fit the handle correctly. May not be possible, or practical, but I always liked the idea.

• 28 posts
    October 4, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

Pathius said:

Lakland said:

EQ2 tried the chain thing, it was cumbersome and no one used it.

EQ2 Chaining was terrible because of the short timing to get the chain off and the long reuse on most of the abilities needed then add to that the crappy "reward" that you got for completing a chain.  I think chaining could be a wonderful thing given it's implemented correctly.

As for the size issue ... Ogres blocking the banker was a huge issue in EQ1, drove me batty but I wouldn't want to see that changed as it was all part of the emersion that made EQ1 so much fun.  Though some type of shrink that can be cast on the multitude of Ogres blocking things would be appreciated so that people can still get to where they need to go.

PLZ allow a large race to punt the gnomes.  I can just see the community events now the gnomes "volunteer" to get punted and both the punter and the puntee win something for the farthest punt.  

• 36 posts
    January 11, 2017 6:19 AM PST

I'd like to see size in races count for more than just looks how about tiny folks less likely to be hit in group combat, unless they get agro of course then they should still have negs against the hits on them with their abilities to dodge or whatever. Just my pennies worth!!!