Forums » The Skar

So what do you thnk about the Skar?

• 1019 posts
    March 11, 2017 12:35 PM PST

The backwards double knees (or whatever you want to call them) are super weird, too.  I'm just hoping they look much better than the concept when they get in game.

• 1566 posts
    March 11, 2017 5:24 PM PST

Maybe helps them jump and pounce?

• 48 posts
    March 12, 2017 7:06 AM PDT

So they can back pedal the fastest

• 2579 posts
    March 13, 2017 7:21 AM PDT

Shucklighter said:

The backwards double knees (or whatever you want to call them) are super weird, too.  I'm just hoping they look much better than the concept when they get in game.

They have normal knees. What appears to be a second backward knee is actually the heel of their foot and it's called being digitigrade (walking on digits or toes). So they just have really long feet and they basically tippy-toe everywhere. They share this trait with wolves and most other animals in the dog and cat families. It's a really useful quality to have. If you think of the Skar more as a primal animal/insect, they're actually pretty cool.

Beefcake said:

Maybe helps them jump and pounce?

Exactly. Digitigrade animals are exceptionally good at leaping and ambushing. It actually reminds me of the Zealot from SC2 (http://orig06.deviantart.net/81ab/f/2010/322/1/2/121a7cc18886cd43017785690ea85b5f-d334vz3.jpg) which are extremely fast and agile runners, jumpers, and Warriors. I'd be willing to bet that a Skar would actually be able to outrun any other race. And a Skar running at you full speed would be truly fearsome.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 13, 2017 7:21 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    March 14, 2017 1:18 AM PDT

Well, I'm happy to learn the digitigrade thing, but it doesn't make me like this race anymore than I did before.  Lol.  I'm still open to the possibility of liking them better when I see them in game, but quite dubious.

• 109 posts
    March 14, 2017 5:22 AM PDT
    Shuck you hater haha. I need an iksar race. Only suggestion I have is remove all the excess junk on their face.
    • 322 posts
    April 4, 2017 9:55 PM PDT

Pyye said:

LOL my fear is you will see a TON of them because they ARE so cool...!

Pyye

na lots of people choose against evil races simply because they are evil. Other people just have races they are in every game. Some don't like to be anything ugly (as in too different from a beautiful human being). Skar, being the new, evil, bony race, would not be picked by any of these hefty groups of people. 

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at April 4, 2017 9:59 PM PDT