Forums » The Rogue

Lock picking

    • 21 posts
    November 15, 2015 7:02 PM PST

    I love the idea of this skill in MMOs, it gives certain classes a powerful yet situational utility role. Hopefully it will be used more in Pantheon than it was in EQ1. I think the best way to implement it is to make it stat driven, use consumables, and maybe a mini game for a little immersion. Might encourage people to bring a friend to look out for guards while they are distracted by picking the lock. What are other peoples thoughts on how best to implement the skill?


    A video on different mechanics for lock picking through a variety of games. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTF3DiU-6zETYPE

    • 45 posts
    November 22, 2015 12:06 PM PST

    Lock Picking, Pickpocketing and Trap Disarming....Would really love to see them ingame...  Wouldn't mind some kind of disguise / forgery as well..but maybe in pushing it?  Bonus to gambling? :)

    • 149 posts
    January 14, 2016 7:19 PM PST

    I always wondered why MMO's didn't ever incorporate a casino type environment with different kinds of gambling games... where five people could have a poker night in game for in game currency.  I think it would add a definite RP dynamic and give people something to do when they want to play, but don't feel like grinding.


    This post was edited by Rubezahl at January 14, 2016 7:19 PM PST
    • 98 posts
    March 21, 2016 3:01 PM PDT

    Rubezahl said:

    I always wondered why MMO's didn't ever incorporate a casino type environment with different kinds of gambling games... where five people could have a poker night in game for in game currency.  I think it would add a definite RP dynamic and give people something to do when they want to play, but don't feel like grinding.

     

    This would be really cool. King's Court, but it's just poker or blackjack or something

    • 38 posts
    April 9, 2016 10:33 AM PDT

    I agree that these all should be implemented and dynamic in regards to a Rogues relationship to the Pantheon world.

    I think these are all necessities to give the Rogue an immersed feel when playing.

    • 27 posts
    November 3, 2016 11:09 AM PDT

    I love the idea of lockpicking but only if it has a real utility to it. In other words if part of solving a dungeon involved freeing prisoners by picking the lock to their cells for example this would be great. I can also see chests that need to opened but only if it doesn't upset the economy.

    • 815 posts
    August 21, 2018 8:27 PM PDT

    Well, according to the Rogue class page, there won't be any Rogue lockpick skill.  I tried to get clarification from Joppa, but he didn't return my forum message.

    • 194 posts
    August 25, 2018 6:10 AM PDT

    Kalok said:

    Well, according to the Rogue class page, there won't be any Rogue lockpick skill.  I tried to get clarification from Joppa, but he didn't return my forum message.

    Not all abilities are in place or noted on the class pages as yet. I'm hoping!

    • 28 posts
    September 13, 2018 6:30 PM PDT

    I hope to see Lockpicking , trap disarming etc.  Gives some depth to the class that it might otherwise receive.  In table top games and also other mmos these are some of the core facets that make the class fun for me personally.

    • 815 posts
    September 13, 2018 6:34 PM PDT

    Valheru said:

    I hope to see Lockpicking , trap disarming etc.  Gives some depth to the class that it might otherwise receive.  In table top games and also other mmos these are some of the core facets that make the class fun for me personally.

    Same here, but it's not looking good, based on the class page.